Heroic Beth'tilac question.

My guild is currently working on this fight, 5% wipe, so this isn't overly important but would help out.

I have seen some videos, Ensidia's kill comes to mind, where they have a Paladin AD Smoldering Devastation, then quickly Bubbles to avoid the fire damage. This covers one of the Smoldering Devastations, but I'm wondering how they handle the other one. Looks like a Mage soaks it, but doesn't take any damage at all. Does Ice Block work on this ability? Bubble doesn't prevent damage from the initial hit so I was wondering how the Mage could do it. I don't think it is Cauterize, as the Mage's health doesn't dip at all.

Thank you for any help.

You can apparently Invis the cast.

Ice block doesn't work, you can invis it

I read about the mage Invisibility trick on maintankadin. I'm sure rogues must be able to do something similar too, in subtlety? They always seem to have crazy AoE mitigation hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishandra
    If you have a mage, there's a neat trick to prevent any aoe damage after a smoldering devastation.

Beth casts Smoldering Devastation.
    Tank/healer jumps down, mage stays up.
    2 seconds left on the cast, mage casts invis.
    Smoldering devastation misses mage.
    Mage comes out of invis, fires an icelance/arcane barrage at Beth, then blinks across the room.
    Right before Beth reaches mage, mirror image, then run the hell away
    By the time Beth chews through images and is able to hit the mage again, tank has already taken web up.