Thread: Heroic Dungeons

Heroic Dungeons

Why are the ques for heroic dungeons a lot longer than in they were in WotLK? I wait 45 minutes sometimes as a dps. I used to wait 15 minutes in Wrath. :|

Hi, welcome to cata, where we have been fighting long queues for 6 months

It's mainly because tanking isn't really fun anymore, so a lot more would just rather dps

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    In WotLK there were more people tanking and healing as opposed to Cataclysm.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    tanking/healing is to hard for the rndm casual player (and even for the guys who think they are so gud)

Lazy people don't find tanking and healing as easy as they once were. Instead of taking a little bit of effort to look at the talents they are picking rather than just looking up "the best spec", they could learn to play that role. Instead, they just take the longer wait times. I just feel bad for the classes that only DPS and don't have a hybrid option to speed it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pet0r-the-Pan View Post
    tanking/healing is to hard for the rndm casual player (and even for the guys who think they are so gud)
    Pretty much it^.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a casual, I tank and heal, I think it's fun and easy. Tank more please.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    my main is a Healer/Tank, whats a q . But my alts are dps and yes Q times have increased lately, possibly because of reduced VP cap atm, and also not enough players willing to try the two most demanding jobs in the game.

Deleted
    Queue times for the DPS role is horrendous, at any level. The thing you're best off doing is queuing with either a tank/healer or if possible both. You could also try forming a guild group etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bad tanks can die on trash now, as opposed to just the horrendous ones.

1. Tanking is much more harder! You can't AOE everything down as before.
    2. Dungeons are longer. I remember in WotLK that average dungeon run took like 15 minutes, now it's like ~45 minutes?! (i even saw some guys spending like 4 hours wiping in a one dungeon ...)

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by franto View Post
    1. Tanking is much more harder! You can't AOE everything down as before.
    2. Dungeons are longer. I remember in WotLK that average dungeon run took like 15 minutes, now it's like ~45 minutes?! (i even saw some guys spending like 4 hours wiping in a one dungeon ...)
    1. Not true, you still can aoe all down, pull multiple groups.
    2. This! I think the main reason queues are longer is the time you are in an instance. Loved to roll some instances in WotLK, but now I'm done with dungeons after I finished 1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    1. Not true, you still can aoe all down, pull multiple groups.
    2. This! I think the main reason queues are longer is the time you are in an instance. Loved to roll some instances in WotLK, but now I'm done with dungeons after I finished 1.
    You contradict yourself there. Two is true yes, because 1 was true as well. You cannot in fact AoE down pulls like you used to. Can you pull multiple groups and AoE still? Yes, but you can't do it with the ease and speed as you could in WotLK and you certainly can't do it in all runs with all groups like you did in WotLK. That's why runs take longer.

Quite frankly I proffered the WotLk style of 5 mans. I like things to either be challenging or faceroll, the current 5 mans (for me personally) are in the middle ground where I still find the mechanics super easy but they're just hard enough to slow me down and force me to pay some attention. So I'm not really engaged in a fun challenge but neither can I multi task or chat while doing the task of grinding out valor. Ugh -_-

1. I can't talk about your realms, but generally claiming nobody wants to heal is wrong. Queues for healers are if anything only slightly shorter than for dps, I often get choosen as dps when I queue healer/dps.

The problem is not only that few people want to tank, that was already the case in WotLK. But those tanks who want to tank are now longer bound in an instance. I don't think it's so much the problem that tanks have enough after 1 run, the problem is that even if they do multiple runs they simply need more time for each one of them, so it takes longer before that tank becomes available again. Please give ToC-like 5man. No trash. Only bosses. 5 bosses x 3 minutes = 15minutes per run \o/ thank you.
    Last edited by Samin; 2011-08-01 at 10:12 AM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Cause in wotlk I could solo literally every heroic on my dk and totally ignore the healer and DPS I had with me, so I just queued whenever I was bored and powered through chain pulling.. now I cba with the new heroic's which take way too long :<.

Deleted
    Because as a tank i get sick and tired of putting up with teh idiots who havn't heard of cc...
    True the packs shouldn't/cant be AoE'd down like wrath (last patch we will though i bet ya), and longer instance means i dont wana spam HC's like i did in wrath...
    Now i just do it when CTA pops up.