Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    True. /10char.
    Sorry for haunting you, Virtuous.

Boo.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2011-08-01 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Message me a budget and ill get you a premium parts list, for systems at 800 1200 1800 and 2200. in us dollers.

He already mentioned a budget of £700. And he's from the UK. US dollars would be silly for this and likely create awkward issues finding the parts on Uk sites.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Run This Setup.
    Antec 900 Case.
    850W psu.
    Asus Sabertooth x58
    i7 950 3.07ghz
    6gigs Kingston hyperX Ram Cl9.
    HiS Radeon 5870
    Seagate Momentus Xt Hybrid 500gig hard drive.
    Seagate baracuda 1tb drive.

All settings maxed 60fps, Asus gaming monitor at 27 inches 1920x1080.

No more of a drop then 50fps on boss fights and 25 mans even in firelands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    I Run This Setup.
    Antec 900 Case.
    850W psu.
    Asus Sabertooth x58
    i7 950 3.07ghz
    6gigs Kingston hyperX Ram Cl9.
    HiS Radeon 5870
    Seagate Momentus Xt Hybrid 500gig hard drive.
    Seagate baracuda 1tb drive.

All settings maxed 60fps, Asus gaming monitor at 27 inches 1920x1080.

No more of a drop then 50fps on boss fights and 25 mans even in firelands.
    Turn off vSync and you'll have a much higher framerate. VSync is capping you at 60. You should be at the very least 120 FPS with that system.

Sabertooth is going to be a waste of money for the mobo, particularly for a budget beast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phofia View Post
    To see what? Fight over, ppl already left raid, resolution 1440*900 and you claim having 74 fps during 25 man raids? I was talking about a resolution closer to year 2011 like 1080p and fps during heavy aoe situation in all Firelands raid fights with all those healer spells on the ground and adds around. Try that an come back with the result.

I asked twice about fps in 25 raids because I wanted to be sure my new build, wich is not that spectacular (i2400 and gtx460 1Gb) is performing as it should. I was a bit dissapointed geting 25-40 fps on real 1080p ultra, but it looks like its all this computer can do and since I dont have freezes and spikes, this fps still going smooth enough for my old eyes. What some ppl are stating here is science fiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    It's perfectly reasonable that Virtuous gets acceptable FPS in raids with that setup. He never made any claims about 60FPS so I don't know why you guys are hounding him. He's playing with 1x multisampling, good shadows, etc., etc. and most importantly, 1440x900 resolution. that is ~66% of the pixels that a 1920x1080 screen has, meaning the computer has to work ~33% less.

Perfectly feasible and easily playable.

kubuntu on the other hand, probably lying.
    Ok as you're all so high on your stool's I'm also going to mention that's not my pc, I set that PC up on my monitor which is 1080 full hd, The screenshot was because I asked him to take a quick screenshot for me. When I tried it in an actual 25 man raid fight it pulls over 60 FPS on my 1080p monitor.

I'm trying to help OP here with a solid cheap build that will EASILY run wow on the settings he's asking for.

Why the trolling? Mod or no mod, show some help instead of trying to put others down when you're clearly not helping.

~Also 33% less? Yeah ok.

Actually help or GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    I'm trying to help OP here with a solid cheap build that will EASILY run wow on the settings he's asking for.
    You make me giggle. :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    You realise the mod just agreed with you? And you realise that your aggressive response might leave you with a red ticket by the end of the night?
    Sarcasm =/= agreeing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiorda View Post
    Turn off vSync and you'll have a much higher framerate. VSync is capping you at 60. You should be at the very least 120 FPS with that system.
    My fps is capped by my Asus monitor its 60hz
    Asus VE276Q

Deleted
    Because I'm nice, last warning for you Virtuous. Back off with the attitude or face the consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just quoting this as reference for any of these "3 post wonders". If you want us to believe your "900 FPS IN 25 MAN SINDRAGOSA PREPULL WHELPS ON A PENTIUM WITH 128MB RAM ON VISTA AND A VOODOO 2!" stories, you at least need to tone it down to something believable like this. This is believable, although i'd have to question if that includes Shadows and the level of Antialising, rather, i'd be interested to know if it does.

Although honestly, it's fun pulling at that single loose thread they leave and watching them unravel as if some puppet made of twine.

120 FPS doing what? Staring at a wall? Sat in the barrens at 5am? Raiding 25 mans? Running 5 mans? That system isn't spectacular. It's not bad and honestly quite nicely balanced for WoW, but it's still not a beast.
    The System runs stock ram cpu and video card speeds, The Ai is enabled on the video card to run the games as the game wants to run.
    All settings are max but multisampling is 1x never saw a difference in that one so left it at 1x.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    Sarcasm =/= agreeing.
    ...I think you'll see sarcasm in anything then.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't being sarcastic.

If you really want people to believe the settings / FPS, then post a shot mid-fight with the settings, doesn't matter if it's an easy fight, just take a SS in the middle of a farm boss at a couple different points (since I don't play Cataclysm, in WotLK Marrowgar p1 and bone storm would be two perfect examples of screenshots with average raid load (p1) and heavy raid load (p2).
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2011-08-01 at 10:27 PM.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    how much was that mate ?

---------- Post added 2011-08-01 at 11:23 PM ----------

jeez my thread turned into a debate haha. Thanks for all the input

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can carry over your windows key hard drives and older video card, clean of course.

You can just get the case the motherboard cpu and ram.
    You can get a new video card too and just carry over hard drives and windows key.

1 x Cooler Master - HAF X Tower Case $189.99
    1 x Intel - Core™ i7-2600K Processor, 3.40GHz w/ 8MB Cache $304.99
    1 x Noctua - NH-D14 CPU Cooler $84.99
    1 x Asus - P8Z68 Deluxe w/ Dual DDR3 1600, 7.1 Audio, Dual Gigabit Lan, PCI-E, Quad SLI / Quad CrossFireX / LucidLogix® Virtu™ $259.99
    1 x Kingston - HyperX Genesis 8GB DDR3-1600MHz CL9 Dual Channel Kit (2 x 4GB) w/ Intel XMP $79.99
    1 x Cooler Master - Silent Pro M 850W Modular Power Supply $149.99

So, essentially, i echo Magekid' post.
    With a wall of text that gives you 55% greater crit chance.

--SNIP--
    WOAH, Kouki. That's overkill as [colorful language]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    With a wall of text that gives you 55% greater crit chance.

WOAH, Kouki. That's overkill as [colorful language]
    Overkill is my guild name lol.

Overkill is my guild name lol.
    Well, OP has $700.

i7 2600k has exactly nothing useful over the i5 2500k.
    The mobo is ridiculous.
    I'd recommend another PSU.
    And the mobo can be dropped in favor for just about anything.
    As for HDDs, I sincerely suggest picking up a new one if your old one isn't 7,2k RPM.

PS: The OP's list was a shopping list... not what he currently has.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you can carry over your windows key hard drives and older video card, clean of course.

You can just get the case the motherboard cpu and ram.
    You can get a new video card too and just carry over hard drives and windows key.

1 x Cooler Master - HAF X Tower Case $189.99
    1 x Intel - Core™ i7-2600K Processor, 3.40GHz w/ 8MB Cache $304.99
    1 x Noctua - NH-D14 CPU Cooler $84.99
    1 x Asus - P8Z68 Deluxe w/ Dual DDR3 1600, 7.1 Audio, Dual Gigabit Lan, PCI-E, Quad SLI / Quad CrossFireX / LucidLogix® Virtu™ $259.99
    1 x Kingston - HyperX Genesis 8GB DDR3-1600MHz CL9 Dual Channel Kit (2 x 4GB) w/ Intel XMP $79.99
    1 x Cooler Master - Silent Pro M 850W Modular Power Supply $149.99
    what is it with you and the i7-2600k?......... its not ment for gaming and is a waste of money for someone who is only using the computer for gaming. and the OP is going to use hes rig for gaming.
    for gaming he should be getting a i5-2500k...... the i7-2600k even falls behind the i5 in some games because of the HT. and if you disable the HT on the i7...... geuss what?..... you have a i5-2500k
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL: