Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    It's perfectly reasonable that Virtuous gets acceptable FPS in raids with that setup. He never made any claims about 60FPS so I don't know why you guys are hounding him. He's playing with 1x multisampling, good shadows, etc., etc. and most importantly, 1440x900 resolution. that is ~66% of the pixels that a 1920x1080 screen has, meaning the computer has to work ~33% less.

Perfectly feasible and easily playable.

kubuntu on the other hand, probably lying.
    I expected those results. I ran the same setup. He's definitely not hitting those amazing fps numbers in actual combat(He'd be lucky to have a consistent 30 in 25's) Plus, Ultra settings such as view don't matter at all in an instance. I'd like to see the same results in the middle of the fight but they won't. However my setup would at 1400x900.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

15+ Year Old Account
    For reference to the debate -

The system in my sig, with several things on ultra, but I define as "high-custom" setting (low shadows, low AA, etc) I can push 60 FPS in 10 man content without too much of an issue. When i turn up shadows, AA, etc, I struggle to push 30.

Anyone claiming to push 60+ FPS in 25 man content on ultra with a 3 year old setup is misguiding you.

To push 60 FPS on "high-ultra custom" settings in 25 man content, stick to the advice listed in this thread.

i5 2500k
    GTX460 or 560ti (nothing lower or you will regret it)
    4 or 8GB ram

Those are your key components. The rest can be debated on, but without those key components, don't expect the results you are asking for.

I rly don't care about all you guys feeling big in your pants because you reach 60fps on a 1 dollar bill pc. The fact is, most of the people who linked images here about it and with the specs they said they have are total nubcakes. Or they lie about there setup or they are good at photoshop.

A solid build is the one i linked + the small changes afterworths, you can change the stuff you like & if you like to have fun after you read my post, you could read about those small-minded people who claim to have a 120$ social build pc with 90 fps in SW or 72fps during a 25man raid on ultra settings....

Have to go now, my kingdom awaits. (even i love to dream)

I can't believe those kids nowadays....
    It's like we are all Red Jelly Beans in a Jar full of various colors. Every now and then they reach in and get a Red Jelly Bean.
    We know we are in there, we can see the color, we just can't do anything to speed up our being taken out of the jar -- Jelly Beans can't speak.

if i were you i would totally go with i5 2400k and push some money for an SSD... thats what wow likes.. SSD's

SSD would be 1/4th of his total price.

Considering i just bought myself a 120Gb OCZ Vertex 3 for 200€.....
    It's like we are all Red Jelly Beans in a Jar full of various colors. Every now and then they reach in and get a Red Jelly Bean.
    We know we are in there, we can see the color, we just can't do anything to speed up our being taken out of the jar -- Jelly Beans can't speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    for gaming he should be getting a i5-2500k...... the i7-2600k even falls behind the i5 in some games because of the HT. and if you disable the HT on the i7...... geuss what?..... you have a i5-2500k
    Technically not really since 2600K has 8MB L3 cache whereas the 2500K only has 6MB.

I agree on that 2500K is the way to go on a gaming machine, though.

Deleted
    One people seem to have missed is he asked for prebuilt in an earlier post.

If you already have Windows 7 or are a student.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Gaming...roductId=45313
    Just under £700, and prebuilt like you wanted.

Or if you don't have Windows 7 or aren't a student.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=FS-168-OE
    £600 with Windows 7 - GPU is abit under but you can give them a ring and they will replace it with something else since you have £100 to play with there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    One people seem to have missed is he asked for prebuilt in an earlier post.
    Well, no. A customized prebuilt easily qualifies, and you know Cyberpowerpc.com love your money.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Technically not really since 2600K has 8MB L3 cache whereas the 2500K only has 6MB.

I agree on that 2500K is the way to go on a gaming machine, though.
    i know it has 2Mb L3 cache more then the i7 but that wont do any thing in games. not if you look at benchmarks
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL: