Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    *Checks date* Hang on, it's not April... O.O

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Are you kidding me? This is ridiculous.....know what I'm doing when this game comes out :>
    Yep.

Totally getting a bot and making some free money off this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomodex View Post
    Lets not hope this gets implemented in WoW.
    Yesterday I would have told you it never will. Today... I'm not as sure.

Lots of games offer a currency buying option. And also let you transfer in game currency into real money. It will be fun to just farm random crap and make money imo.

I want this in WoW. NOW! Would be nice to make at least enough to pay the monthly subscription fee instead of settling for large amounts of worthless gold...

The only ones who can defend this are Blizzard fanboys. They could've allowed the line to stay there between developer and gold/item sellers, now they've merged to make a profit off your auctions. Morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    No one gives a shit if blizzard is making money over it, they care about giving an advantage in game to people that are willing to blow 10 extra (insert currency).
    You do realize people will STILL sell items even if this is in, right? Unless you make EVERYTHING soulbound the second you touch it, people will sell items. They did it in Diablo 2 and are still doing it. This way YOU can make money off people instead of random farmers on gold selling websites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Deleted
    This sucks! Now all the wow gold farmers will just move on to diablo 3 and farm legendary/ very good loot and sell it on the Auction house....

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I find this kinda ironic. In the original Diablo I remember lots of items being sold for real money on ebay like SOJs and a bow the name escapes at this exact moment. (I think it was called windforce or something like that) Most of these items were "duped" and went poof when Blizz ran some sort of an item authenticator and all dupes were gone and so was your real money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    No one gives a shit if blizzard is making money over it, they care about giving an advantage in game to people that are willing to blow 10 extra (insert currency).
    How about I insert in-game gold as a currency?...

They are already giving an advantage to people in game (WoW) that are willing to blow 10k extra gold... That's what the entire concept of the AH is.
    And no one is whining about that.
    What is so different about real life money? Some have more than others, yes. SAME AS IN-GAME GOLD!
    Last edited by mmoc7805351bd4; 2011-08-01 at 07:23 AM.

It seems all the people who are complaining are just focusing on the buying aspect. It is the selling aspect that makes this interesting for me.

Real money AH? This is a very smart move from Blizzard I have to admit.

I don't see how people believe this will help hackers/goldsellers/scams. It will all be monitored by Blizz in game now so there is no shady site that you can possibly be scammed from now. Also the gold sellers won't have a field day with this. With everyone being able to do this legitametly then there won't be as much of a profit from it.

Also people worried about Blizzard selling things in the Auction house, who cares? If they do end up doing it then I believe it will just be vanity items that you could buy at the blizz store anyway. I highly doubt you will be able to buy weapons and such from Blizz directly. The feature appears more to be a way to limit goldsellers and get Blizz more money. I say yes to both especially when I can make money as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Great change.This already happened in Diablo 2 but the market was controlled by untrustworthy sites. Blizzard has just taken control of the market and made it official, destroying those sites and providing a legitimate avenue for real money transactions.

Blizzard had 3 options really:
    1. Fight the sites. Send lawyers after them and battle through legal battles just to have another one pop up 10 minutes later.
    2. Ignore them. Just ban people who do it slowly, one by one, if proven.
    3. Control the market themselves.

They picked the smart option. -Very- impressed.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-08-01 at 07:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the items can be used in PVP, it sort of violates the Battlefield 3 outrage. Anyone who complained then and not now is a hypocrite.While the singular instance isn't particularly bad in its own rite, it leads down a bad road, especially for B2P games. Its the government saying since we know you guys are selling crack and will do it behind our back regardless, we are going to let you do it on state property. The government sees how much the pushers make and start cashing house fees. The government then kicks out all of the pushers and sell their own crack. To further increase profits, the government builds crackhouses on sight, engineer their crack to be more addicting but with less high, they also stop purposely limit other programs to promote their crack sales. (no conspiracy theories).They test the waters with D3 because they know they can get away with it, Activision steps in on their side of the fences with COD:Elite and sell quick access to guns, Blizzard turns around and starts selling raid gear (which has already been depreciated). Just saying, as a shareholder I would run with this idea, they don't care about gaming, just profit i.e. Bobby Kotick.

Since I'll be playing it single player for the most part I don't think this AH feature will keep me for getting it, even if I think it is a shady feature it looks like it will be easy enough to ignore. Too bad for those who like to pvp though. This could actually usher in an era of people legitimately making money from playing a game. I can see it now, some guy is in an interview: "There seems to be a gap in your employment history." "I was playing Diablo during that time. I only made $5 an hour but I didn't have to commute!"

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    as long as its the player base selling things, i really see no difference from that of people who already spend money to buy gold, or other in game items

if blizz is selling items, i might have a problem

Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    And why do they care about that?
    They are already giving an advantage to people in game (WoW) that are willing to blow 10k extra gold... That's what the entire concept of the AH is.
    And no one is whining about that.
    What is so different about real life money? Some have more than others, yes. SAME AS IN-GAME GOLD!
    You are so wrong it is not even funny. Buying gold in wow is illegal, which differs from this being completely legal by blizzard. And gold in wow gives very little advantage besides being able to buy BoE epics which in the grand scheme of things are near worthless to top end players.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking of trying my hand with Diablo 3, but not anymore. :|