Page 1 of 130
... LastLast

Diablo 3: Gold selling now legal, but only if Blizzard can take some of your money.

Before commenting, make sure you read the news post for full details. --Sunshine

Hey, guess what?
    This thread doesn't need to involve personal attacks just so that you can express your opinion (positive or negative)
    So let's keep them out.
    -llDemonll

[Re: Diablo 3's AH system]

Yep, the practice that Blizzard has been working against for years, the practice Blizzard has spent countless man hours and money fighting against in court and in game, is now perfectly acceptable... Provided they make money off of your effort.

There have been many instances of Blizzard playing fuck-fuck games with its consumer base (and only once did the consumer base do anything about it), and I sorta gave Blizzard the benefit of the doubt. But this is fucking insane. This is blatant profit-seeking bullshit.

Don't think this is going to change anything about the culture of gold-selling. People will still use bots. You will still find gold-farmers grinding out all day. The only difference now is they'll be making more money, and so will Blizzard. Blizzard is not on your side. It's on the side of whoever can make them the most money, and now that side is with the gold farmers. Welcome to the blatant truth about Blizzard, and all corporations, being shone in your fucking face: Blizzard is not a special place that caters to its gamers, that loves its gamers more than it does money. Its games are run over with casual players that don't give a fuck about gamer culture, and now neither does Blizzard. So there's that.

It really sucks seeing a company I literally grew up with doing things like this. I mean, this isn't "Oh I hate Blizzard so I instantly hate every plan they make!" this is "I loved Blizzard, but this is absolutely absurd." But that's life, and this is me jumping ship.

Of course, in before 10 pages of "lol bai no one will miss you!" as if the point was the fact that I'm not paying Blizzard anymore and not the fact that they're utilizing profit-seeking morally ambiguous bullshit like this AH system.
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2011-08-01 at 04:46 PM.

Yeah, this is going to end up making the people that used to gold farm bot this shit and destroy any economy the game may have.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    Yeah, this is going to end up making the people that used to gold farm bot this shit and destroy any economy the game may have.
    Because they weren't going to that anyway? How naive are you?

Deleted
    Care to elaborate?

Just dont play D3 then. i'll quit wow my self if this is implemented there too though. There's corporate america for you i guess

My response: Fuck off Blizzard. I don't even want to play Diablo III anymore. The game will be tainted by this system if it gets implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Linneeaa View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    You can sell gold on the AH for real money, and all transactions are 'taxed' [a fee].

You're not buying gold, you're buying items. From my understanding, if you pay $1 for a sword, you get the sword. It's not like you get 1000g which you can spend on a sword, shield, etc. Similarly, if you sell a sword for $1, you get just that dollar, you don't also get a load of gold to put back into the economy. It's a crucial difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    You're not buying gold, you're buying items. From my understanding, if you pay $1 for a sword, you get the sword. It's not like you get 1000g which you can spend on a sword, shield, etc. Similarly, if you sell a sword for $1, you get just that dollar, you don't also get a load of gold to put back into the economy. It's a crucial difference.
    You'll be able to buy Gold too

Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    Because they weren't going to that anyway? How naive are you?
    Because we knew blizzard was going to allow this to be legally sold? Just stop quoting my posts, it's obvious you have no clue.

those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could never see this happening on wow :/

10+ Year Old Account
    WOW, when I heard blizzard was selling gear ALL I could think was WHAT DAY IS IT?!?!?! Because seriously I thought this MUST be a April fools joke! Personally I wont be so mad as to say "Im not going to buy the game!' buuut it will definitely be a negative feature to the game. You may think that maybe not too many people will buy gear, think of all the Mounts and pets people have bought in WoW. If people are willing to spend money on a lame mount don't you think people would totally buy Firelands gear.

I will be playing with friends and as long as I get the gear that I want, in the way I want. But having no in-game economy is just ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Myself, yes, I have always wanted to be a mod
    Probably not, the job sucks.

Any real confirmation, all I've heard so far is rumors, and screenshots that look heavily photoshopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Any real confirmation, all I've heard so far is rumors, and screenshots that look heavily photoshopped.
    Confirmed by blizzard, check the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Curious to see what a mod thinks about this, care to share an opinion?

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, they are only doing this in an effort to protect their consumers from third party item sellers. I don't see much of a problem with this (Mainly because I couldn't careless.) Still. Who are those desperate fools going to trust? A company or a third party that sells neat goods which may or may not bite them in the ass later. Not to mention a quick buck. Oh well. There are my 2 cents.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Put something that can easily be sold for loads of gold in the ah, buy it with real money, sell it for gold.
    Just as an example.

Allthough I still don't see how this destroys the economy any worse then bots already do anyways.
    Maybe if all good/needed/useful items/runes/whatever only gets sold for real money, (like 1 $ orso), then it would really suck as the ingame currency would be getting worthless

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Could you explain how? Goldfarming is part of WoW and it dien't destroy the economy and how would gold farming have an influence on the items sold for RL money (which I amdmit, I won't be using..well..maybe to sell, but definitely not to buy)

Other than that - here is the chance for the community to make a stand and show how they feel....maybe boycott the game. If this feature however goes live (AND becomes a success), bite back your words, the customers have spoken.
    The difference this is made LEGAL by blizzard, gold farming is not as wipe spread as this is going to end up being since it's an in game thing and no one is going to be afraid of getting banned doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    Curious to see what a mod thinks about this, care to share an opinion?
    Several of them already posted in the main thread from the front page, and also with no disrespect to the moderators, why does their opinion have special interest to you? They're just mere mortals like us