10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares

♥ Sonic Generations ♥

I got it on the PC, and I've got to say it is the best Sonic game I've ever played besides 2. Your thoughts/opinions on it?

Full IGN Review here: http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1211715p1.html

Looks fun enough, but the only 3D sonic I really liked was that adventure like one on the Dreamcast. And this one as well seems to lack the feeling of speed the Sega Megadrive version had (Sonic&Knuckles and Sonic2)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Looks fun enough, but the only 3D sonic I really liked was that adventure like one on the Dreamcast. And this one as well seems to lack the feeling of speed the Sega Megadrive version had (Sonic&Knuckles and Sonic2)
    Looks slow in the video, but the actual gameplay is insane. Like it goes hyper speed, and the graphics are amazing. Not only that but the level designs are crazy good. If they made more games like this I'd be one happy gamer.

I didn't like the consolization much, as I don't have a controller I had a hard time figuring out which button meant the "A" x-box button the tutorial told me to press
    but the game is fun. I plan on getting a new controller to play it soon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    I didn't like the consolization much, as I don't have a controller I had a hard time figuring out which button meant the "A" x-box button the tutorial told me to press
    but the game is fun. I plan on getting a new controller to play it soon
    Yea I have the 360 controller and it runs great on it.

Deleted
    I got my Collector's Edition yesterday and couldn't put it down to be honest. It had that "ah one more level" thing going. I agree with some reviews that a couple of the levels and bosses are messy. Planet Wisp has an over-reliance on the pink wisp and orange wisp power ups for classic and modern respectively. The last three big boss fights are a not great and go from bad to worse, the final boss in particular is terrible with unresponsive controls and feels just like one big random luck thing.
    The Classic stages in general are fantastic and are what I wanted Sonic 4 to be, the Modern stages take the game-play originated in the Sonic Unleashed daytime stages (which were pretty good) and refined in Sonic Colors and puts it back into the great HD.
    And the Collector's Edition is neat. The soundtrack CD is a bit meh (the one back from Sonic Adventure 2 was better), but the DVD with the documentary is great with cool insights into the creation of Sonic and the retooling he received when launched in the West, the "gold ring" has a good weight to it with the serial number on it (they only made 12k CEs so it will actually be a rarity), the art book is beautiful and the statue is very detailed and looks hand-painted.

Deleted
    I got my Collector's Edition yesterday and couldn't put it down to be honest. It had that "ah one more level" thing going. I agree with some reviews that a couple of the levels and bosses are messy. Planet Wisp has an over-reliance on the pink wisp and orange wisp power ups for classic and modern respectively. The last three big boss fights are a not great and go from bad to worse, the final boss in particular is terrible with unresponsive controls and feels just like one big random luck thing.
    The Classic stages in general are fantastic and are what I wanted Sonic 4 to be, the Modern stages take the game-play originated in the Sonic Unleashed daytime stages (which were pretty good) and refined in Sonic Colors and puts it back into the great HD.
    And the Collector's Edition is neat. The soundtrack CD is a bit meh (the one back from Sonic Adventure 2 was better), but the DVD with the documentary is great with cool insights into the creation of Sonic and the retooling he received when launched in the West, the "gold ring" has a good weight to it with the serial number on it (they only made 12k CEs so it will actually be a rarity), the art book is beautiful and the statue is very detailed and looks hand-painted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously pretty

I love this game, been using it with the keyboard though. Rather tempting to buy a controller for my PC xD
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

My xbox RROD'd for the second time a few months ago.
    Today I bought a 360/MW3/BF3 deal kinda thing (extra controller, 320 gig or w/e disc), sold the games back to Gamestop and went home with Generations. I loved and played the crap out of the Unleashed day stages.

Generations is the dream I never thought would come true <3

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is the level designs are so fast paced and sick I woke up this morning and the first thing i thought about was this damn game.

10+ Year Old Account
    D: I want this but can't buy it haha. Someone help me! <3 Kidding.

I have it for 360 and definitely felt very happy about getting it. My complaints are a) The Rival fights had more of an epic feeling than the actual bosses, b) There's not enough bosses or Rival fights, and c) The lead into the final boss needed to cut out the 9 different "YOU CAN DO IT SONIC". Seriously, the 45 seconds waiting for that made the whole thing feel cheesier than theater nachos, and not only was I not pumped up, I was actually "anti-pumped" going into that, if you will.

Unlike Heroes or Adventure 2 (yes I felt the same way about Adventure 1, sue me).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

This doesn't look bad at all. Finally they ditched the whole 3D 'sonic adventure' nonsense. Hated the whole, oh look there's a female hedgehog and a black hedgehog and we run with our hands behind us like were some lame anime character.

2D is what made this game, glad to see they are back to the roots. Also glad to hear they kept the music, which is one of the best videogame music of all time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I have it for 360 and definitely felt very happy about getting it. My complaints are a) The Rival fights had more of an epic feeling than the actual bosses, b) There's not enough bosses or Rival fights, and c) The lead into the final boss needed to cut out the 9 different "YOU CAN DO IT SONIC". Seriously, the 45 seconds waiting for that made the whole thing feel cheesier than theater nachos, and not only was I not pumped up, I was actually "anti-pumped" going into that, if you will.

Unlike Heroes or Adventure 2 (yes I felt the same way about Adventure 1, sue me).
    Calling my lawyer now. I've played the demo and i'm quite impressed so I think i'll be buying it after work today

Quote Originally Posted by undead9 View Post
    I love this game, been using it with the keyboard though. Rather tempting to buy a controller for my PC xD
    just so u know.. ud need a 360 gamepad not to have the "quick step" bug going to left

i thought mine was broken so i went and bought some other one, then looked it up and found out, and.. does anybody know why can't u drift on a keyboard?? Oo

Really enjoying this so far. Found a few bits that really annoyed me, where the game mechanics seemed to just fail (no targetted dash, or a bouncer not actually sending you as high as it should), but both the 2D and 3D elements have been really well done. Level design is great, graphics are very good, and it plays really well.

Another annoyance is the apparent performance hit that occurs for me when doing a doppelganger run or on some of the "assist" type challenges. Seems like the game just can't work out where both characters are, fast enough.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought it the other day. Loving it so far, it's a toss up between Sky Sanctuary 3D and City Escape 2D as my favourite zone. It's love/hate with 3D Planet Wisp atm, that level infuriates me at times but it's really stunning to look at and the music is awesome