Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Can we all just assume people are stating opinions, and let the OP decide which opinion sounds logically astute (which are usually the opinions that have a lot of information to back it up), instead of derailing the thread with Moderators arguing with each other saying "You're stating things like facts", "No I'm not", "You are" etc.

I'm a tank not a healer for a 10man guild, so obviously I love me some Disc. I feel like (in 10 mans) Discipline priests have the potential to be the best tank healers by far. I feel a lot safer being healed by a Discipline priest than a Paladin (with Druids and Shammies far behind). Holy Priests on the other hand, whilst great raid healers don't really have a niche, and for 10-man raiding it's a lot harder fitting in different niches with so few healers, and the fact that Holy doesn't do much better than an RDruid just makes me feel that they're not as desirable as a Disc Priests are.

skipping all the new "personal opinion meme"...

for the disc vs. haste vs. mastery argument, i've been looking for a clear aswer for that and there really isn't one. there are logs, sims and tons of arguments of which one is the best and it all ended in no final decision.

it relies alot on the fight and your role. if you're the third healer, the cushion healer, it's even harder to decide because you'll be switching between raid, tank and spot healing all the time.

you can either balance your stats around, since they're all beneficial in their own way, or weight them based on your playstyle.

Holy Priests on the other hand, whilst great raid healers don't really have a niche, and for 10-man raiding it's a lot harder fitting in different niches with so few healers, and the fact that Holy doesn't do much better than an RDruid just makes me feel that they're not as desirable as a Disc Priests are.
    their current niche is to solemnly stare at resto druids, and wish they were as cool.

):
    Last edited by Faradays28; 2011-08-03 at 04:11 PM.

Thanks for your opinions. The reason why I asked for them is to hear your personal experience. This is because i found that talking with other priests on the same level is superior to reading disc-guides on forums etc. They might work for 25man, but not 10.

Now. I should have linked my armory earlier - but I can't due to not enough posts on these boards. Ophidia at Sylvanas EU anyway.

As someone said, I am also trying to keep my PWS around 30k absorbing. My current mastery does this unbuffed. 30K feels like a good value for 10-mans. It'd be unnecissary and at sometimes be too big and screw me if i plan on hitting the rapture icd. 30k is enough to protect from most things, and enough to have a buffert zone to heal people up if they get low. A simple example is when Rageface fixates somone - at most times a shield saves me enough time to never worry about people dying from it. 30k just feels like not too little and not too much.

However, I'm always doing better as disc in raids. Holy doesn't give me more hps and only GS / CoH is not enough to make it worth to switch to it tbh. For example, me and my fellow resto druid 2 healed Majordomo while keeping first scythe on 15 and we both ended up >33k hps - even though we wiped for a stupid reason on 3% this tells me disc probably is superior to holy in most fights in firelands and 4.2 content in general. Reaching those hps-values isn't ideal for the mana but i guess shard of woe could always solve that.

I've started to use Heal more in 10-man heroics. Relying on my resto druid to keep up the raid with a little better comunication saves me enough mana for shieldspam when i have to. PWSs are nothing i usually spam. It's too mana intense.

In the last weeks we have found out that the healing isn't really our problem. We have too shitty dps. We really do. Top is shadowpriest/hunter around 28k. Bottom is 20-21k with enhancement/affliction warlock (<- that lock not raiding with us no more thank fuck). Bethilac is a great test of dps, and we dont even make it to phase 2. Multiple drones allways up and 4-5 spinners aint being nuked down fast enough. Got arcane mages focusing on spinners+drones here doing only 15-17k. That's bad imo.

About someone saying "not happy with 18k hps in 10 man". No i'm not. Why would I? i can see on wol that some priests heals more, and sure i have a few good rankings (its not all about that anyway) but hps wise i would be satisfied until i were top 20 on most of them. Only happy with my healing if none beats me.

I'm running with 16.14 mastery atm, i think i could go a bit lower on matery in favor of more haste but i soon start to break the point that i need to reserve the boomkins innervate to keep up with mana. Anyway, all mana problems are gone with Shard of Woe.

Quote Originally Posted by lorwyn View Post
    About someone saying "not happy with 18k hps in 10 man". No i'm not. Why would I? i can see on wol that some priests heals more, and sure i have a few good rankings (its not all about that anyway) but hps wise i would be satisfied until i were top 20 on most of them. Only happy with my healing if none beats me.
    Now... I hate when people say this.. "Oh I do 20K healing, Oh I do 18K healing" IT DOESN'T MATTER IN THE SCHEME OF THINGS!!!! I like to think of myself as a good disc priest or else my guild wouldn't be 6/7 right now and going into heroic modes, sure we're not hardcore and yes we raid 2 days a week for those that will say "LOL 6/7 nub"

Back on topic, Depending on the fight I can pull 22K HPS other fights I might manage 10K, it all depends on what's going on in that particular fight, are the DPS taking avoidable damage? Because if you're healing that it can bump up your HPS. Are you having to chase down the melee DPS on the lord Ryolith fight? That will certainly affect your HPS. Oh and lets not even talk about how much Baleroc can affect your numbers...

I will always state that if you have the attitude of I'm not happy healing unless no one beats me... then by all means quit healing because good god healing is not about who can heal the most, it's about working with the other 1 - 2 other healers (sometimes 5 others if you're 25 man) and ensuring your raid doesn't wipe, if your HPS was consistently sitting at around 10K on fights like Majordomo then yes you might have a problem.

Verth Aeyta: I never end up winning healing, we got a resto druid that does 20-30k hps depending on fight u see...

Quote Originally Posted by lorwyn View Post
    Verth Aeyta: I never end up winning healing, we got a resto druid that does 20-30k hps depending on fight u see...
    yep, if you beat your resto druid tell him to stop playing bejeweled.

I will always state that if you have the attitude of I'm not happy healing unless no one beats me... then by all means quit healing because good god healing is not about who can heal the most, it's about working with the other 1 - 2 other healers (sometimes 5 others if you're 25 man) and ensuring your raid doesn't wipe, if your HPS was consistently sitting at around 10K on fights like Majordomo then yes you might have a problem.
    i like you, we should hang out. heal some heroic raids together. ♥