AskMrRobot & Warlocks

Hi there Warlocks! Just wondering if anyone knows how well optimized the default settings for AskMrRobot are, whether they're good, bad or somewhere in-between. I don't play a Warlock, it's mainly for helping a friend out.
    Last edited by Naplam; 2011-08-01 at 04:57 PM. Reason: clarification
    Thank you to Serrin for the signature!
    PC Stuffs: i7-4790K | Z97X-SLI | 16GB DDR3-1866 | GTX-780 | 256GB Samsung EVO | 1TB WD Blue | SuperNOVA 650 Gold | Fractal r4 Blackout | Dark Rock Pro 3

Frankly I dont trust it much. I would rather sim myself and use EJ if need be on my gear choices. As long as you know what stats you want to get what you shouldnt need anything like mr.robot.

Thanks for your input. I don't use it myself, just heard it around guild chat a few times and decided to look it up. From what I know about Demo Warlocks...(not much at all) you focus on reaching a certain Haste breakpoint before going all out on Mastery...? Gah, I'll need to read it up sometime.
    Thank you to Serrin for the signature!
    PC Stuffs: i7-4790K | Z97X-SLI | 16GB DDR3-1866 | GTX-780 | 256GB Samsung EVO | 1TB WD Blue | SuperNOVA 650 Gold | Fractal r4 Blackout | Dark Rock Pro 3

sry this will be semi offtopic but askmrRobot is still around ? i use to burn it up in LK with my death knight, last i looked into it (years ago) there was some problem with M silverlight or something of the sorts. If anyone has an up2date link for this program could you send it to me in PM plz
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Don't trust the default stat weights that single any gem/enchant/reforge optimizer uses. Sim yourself at your current gear to get accurate stat weights, then run an optimizer with those stat weights to balance out your gear. Never trust just one source.

I use it only for Reforging. I run SimCraft to get my stat weights, enter those in, and see what it tells me about reforging.

It's terrible for warlocks. Even after putting in my own stat weights, it still gives me results that I know are not upgrades. Like suggesting spirit gear...

Quote Originally Posted by rutiene View Post
    I use it only for Reforging. I run SimCraft to get my stat weights, enter those in, and see what it tells me about reforging.
    wowreforge.com is where I go to reforge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    Nice, I'm always on the look out for more tools. wowreforge did give me the same set up as Dr. though.

10+ Year Old Account
    simcraft for statweights
    enter statweights
    reforge

rest is pretty much useless.

Chardev to make profiles and simcraft to test DPS and stat weights.

I dont need anything else

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crovax3000 View Post
    It's terrible for warlocks. Even after putting in my own stat weights, it still gives me results that I know are not upgrades. Like suggesting spirit gear...
    You're doing something wrong if it suggests spirit. As for Robot itself. I use it to check my reforges and enchants. I change some stat weights and it optimizes my toon to the way that I want. Some of you might say you don't trust it or its bad. But it does what it needs to do when you adjust the stat weights. I also find it helpful when I put in other pieces that I might be upgrading to and it'll do the math for me in a simple format.

Quote Originally Posted by crovax3000 View Post
    Well first the spirit item there saying is BiS wouldnt happen to be the rep ring the 391 item lvl would it cause that would be correct if. your still running regular firelands.
    ... What?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    just had a look at this, and I love it, thank you very much!

just got my 1742 hit and my 1993 haste cap perfectly, Really nice!

There is an option that says "Exclude Spirit Gear" @_@. You should try checking that box next time if it is giving you spirit gear.

I actually love Mr. Robot. For years I ran Simcrafts and used my own scaling figures to maximize dps etc so I understand how accurate that can be.

I think from a simplistic point of view Ask Mr. Robot give you a quick way to assess gear and reforges on the fly. At first glance, I would doubt the suggestions for gemming/reforging it was giving. After playing with it for a little and looking at the raw stat output after the suggested changes, I feel it helps quite a bit.

It's simple, easy to use, fairly accurate, great for alts and available on mobile phones, so Ill keep using it.

*end commercial*

Deleted
    Mr robot thinks lavawalker and mastery on gloves is better than haste which atm gives me 2664 haste (as afflic) which gives me a UA tick while under DI and +5% from moon,shadow or shammy. I could understand 1 being mastery but both? As for stat weights sim gives me more than the 3 digits Mr.Robot ask's for so wouldn't that askew the results as i'm always unsure if i should round up or down when the final number after the decimal is a 5.

Lavawalker is definitely BIS enchant due to increasing movement speed.

And you round up when decimal is a 5. And no, the 3rd decimal isn't going to really make that much of a difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rutiene View Post
    Lavawalker is definitely BIS enchant due to increasing movement speed.

And you round up when decimal is a 5. And no, the 3rd decimal isn't going to really make that much of a difference.
    I'm a worgen i have sprint for moving i also have a teleport 30s on tele 2mins on sprint, I rarely mess up movement and in all honesty i can see the need but if your allready moving to anticipate something that requires you to be some place else shouldn't it fall under a preferance enchant rather than a BiS? Cheers for the help with the weights though sorts that issue out.