I suck at Multi-doting

The thing is I am terrible at trying to multi-dot. I try to just tab through all the monsters and throw SW:P and VP on them, but it seems to take too long for me to get through everything, and I miss out on alot of dps. Alot of times I get frustrated and just start to single target or Mind sear. Is there an easier way to multi-dot? Like a mod similar to healbot that I can just click to through all my dots on each dude?

Deleted
    Tidyplates can show your own debuffs (filtered aswell i think) on the enemy nameplates. That's the closest to what you want i can think of.

Pressing Tab button then 1 and 2 doesnt take long?

Deleted
    I would have though using multi dot as a method for aoe will only work on multiple ads that are not going to die in a matter of seconds, in most 5 man instances for example the mobs will be dead or dying by the time you tab through and your DoTs start to tick leaving your group thinking you have the worst dps ever :P

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    Pressing Tab button then 1 and 2 doesnt take long?
    Does it take long to tab? Well no..but thats also assuming tab works >.>

Deleted
    if possible (not macro expert) make a tab + the 2 dots macro.
    i rarely get the chance to dot trash mobs up in dungeons before its dead, so i usually only focus on 1.
    unless something happens ofc.

1) mouseover macros
    2) ...
    3) ???
    4) ?!?!?!?
    5) profit

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    1) mouseover macros
    2) ...
    3) ???
    4) ?!?!?!?
    5) profit
    3 should be bind to scroll wheel

Whenever I get lazy I just refresh VT and cast a Mind Flay and let that refresh the SWP... maybe that'll help ya out too??
    Gear Score is the Jonas Brothers of World of Warcraft

Deleted
    A rule of thumb I use is not to multidot unless the VT is gonna run it's full duration on targets. One thing you can do is dot and sear one target, if it's a single add or lots of adds which need to die fast and are spread (sons of flame, anyone?) I just MSx3 MB.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tidy plates is pretty much God for multi dotting. On fights where there's multiple targets (like Alysrazor), my Tukui also shows all the health frames which is really nice.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

10+ Year Old Account
    Get tidyplates so you can easier see wich targets have your dots and which do not.Use focus on fights like shannox to track dots on 2 targets easier.A rule i use is that og the mobs have little hp i will use Mind sear, same if there are adds that have priority to be killed fast (they will die fast and dots will be useless).Use multi dotting on fights fighting multiple mobs with much hp and/or were adds don't have your priority.Perfect Example to this is lord rhyolith were i mind sear fragments and dots the liquid obsidians.Wrote this with iPhone, so there can be some auto-correct mistakes.
    Last edited by Haedess; 2011-08-02 at 07:42 PM.

Deleted
    Tidyplates is nice for that but seriously when there more than 3 targets just sear away multidotting kind of sucks since 4.2 ...

Deleted
    Try this for a tab dot macro. i find it fun in some situations but it isn't always accurate. Tip dont spam click it.

/console targetNearestDistance 800
    /targetenemy
    /cast Shadow Word: Pain
    /console
    /targetNearestDistance 50

Really, all you need to go is cast VT or UA, and then SWP or Corruption immediately after. Need to Know will track the debuffs on each target for you, though you can't see when they are about to drop on others without targeting them again, use your head for that, learn to approximate time. I don't mean to sound mean, no pun intended, but if you're really having a difficult time tabbing fast then maybe Warlock or Spriest isn't for you, that's not a bad thing either, there are different strokes for different folks.