Deleted

Extending dots with Felflame

Hello!

I just asked myself what happens when I use felflame on a dot thats buffed by something. For example a UA that was applied with the 1600int procc from Volcano-deck and when the procc runs out I extend it with felflame. Does the FF extend the buffed UA? Is the entire UA recalculated when the Felflame hits? Or are maybe only the seconds that felfame adds calculated without the buff? Help is appreciated!

each time a DoT or HoT ticks its checks your current haste/crit/SP and adjusts accordingly. there is no more extending super buffed DoTs or HoTs for the entire fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    No, a dot is calculated when you apply it, not when it ticks

Quote Originally Posted by Schaendwich View Post
    No, a dot is calculated when you apply it, not when it ticks
    You sorta answered your own question here but let me sorta answer it anwyay:

You apply UA with a good proc like the Volcano deck. That UA has 1600 extra int for that duration. You then cast Fel Flame like 4 seconds after the proc has fallen off. You are "re-applying" UA by hitting the mob with Fel Flame so whatever stats you have when you cast Fel Flame THAT TIME is what UA will tick for now. Exceptions to this rule I believe are things like Feral kitty bleeds with say glyph of Shred but bleeds and diseases work differently than actual hots and dots (for example they are not sped up by haste rating).

I personally refresh UA on the move when I get a great line of procs over just recasting UA. but you wanna ask yourself a few questions:

How much longer does UA have left (aka how many Fel Flames will I have to cast) cuz if UA has like 2 seconds left FF is probably a waste.
    How many procs and what procs do I have up? Are those procs powerful enough to make Fel Flame worth it?
    Am I moving anyway if so do I have anything else I can cast? If not FF is probably worth it anyway.

since its only an extention id guess that it would actaly keep the same buffs it had as it had when it was casted but i dunno if it is really worth it thoo, maybe for UA but i dubt if it where for immolate
    Last edited by Zeldorian; 2011-08-01 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldorian View Post
    it isnt newly aplied by felflame, its exstended, soo its only worth using on the move otherwise felflame is utterly completly useless unless you have the t114p proc ofc but yea otherwise useless, but then soo is allot of other warlock stuff now days :S
    Incorrect. When UA is extended by Fel Flame the tick is updated based on your stats. Same as when you refresh Immolate with Hand of Guldan.

If you've ever done heroic Nefarian this is a good example.

DoT ticks for 5k normally.

- You gain Dominion (150 stacks = 750% increased damage) - DoT ticks for 43k roughly
    - You lose Dominion with let's say 8 seconds on the DoT
    - You cast Fel Flame and the DoT is increased by 3 seconds.
    - DoT no longer ticks for 750% increased damage but now normal damage.

But anyway Fel Flame is pretty useful on off targets, UA for affliction, immolate for destro, and it's pretty much useless on your main target as demo since HoG is awesome.
    Last edited by Sanoku; 2011-08-01 at 08:50 PM.