Deleted

looking for toughts on budget build

this is a build for my sister, so it will be used for casual stuff and a game once in a while maybe.
    I'd appreciate some constructive criticism. total price is ~680€

EDIT:
    just noticed i am missing an optical drive
    Last edited by mmocab362f8f03; 2011-08-02 at 05:18 PM.

Deleted
    if its for your sister and its just casual i would get a cheaper card - if your looking to save moeny

Deleted
    Out of curiosity, what exactly will the computer be used for? Is she a gamer? If not, you could cut cost by a lot - it doesn't take a monster to do what the average user wants; surfing, e-mail, write/work, chat, etc.

If however she is a gamer and you want to make a budget build, I'd suggest upping the GPU to a 560 ti, get a 500W PSU, go for a i3 2100 build (or a 2500k if it fits in the budget).

Also, it looks like you have selected 2x that heatsink. Further, go for a heatsink with a backplate mounting solution, the CM 212+ is to recommend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Out of curiosity, what exactly will the computer be used for? Is she a gamer? If not, you could cut cost by a lot - it doesn't take a monster to do what the average user wants; surfing, e-mail, write/work, chat, etc.

If however she is a gamer and you want to make a budget build, I'd suggest upping the GPU to a 560 ti, get a 500W PSU, go for a i3 2100 build (or a 2500k if it fits in the budget).

Also, it looks like you have selected 2x that heatsink. Further, go for a heatsink with a backplate mounting solution, the CM 212+ is to recommend.
    ye I noticed the heatsink thing, I'm getting that one because it's cheap and silent and the AMD stock heatsink is horrible. She will play a game from time to time but I just want to make sure it will run the games that come out next year or so. If a game comes out in the next few months and she wants to play it that she's unable because the PC is too crappy. Also I'd like to stay at this budget because if you want to tune it up you'll end up spending 100€ more before you even notice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the 560 is a card that fits many rigs. You should either go up to a 560 Ti, or down to a 460 1GB. Both are good video cards.

Drop the AMD for an i3 2100. The i3 is cheaper, more powerful and uses about 75W less at load.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's for casual stuff and maybe a game, a 560 is not what you should be getting.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    I don't think the 560 is a card that fits many rigs. You should either go up to a 560 Ti, or down to a 460 1GB. Both are good video cards.

Drop the AMD for an i3 2100. The i3 is cheaper, more powerful and uses about 75W less at load.
    the thing is that the 460 is only like 15€ cheaper and it's only 3€ diffrence between a 460gtx hawk and this evga card
    I'll see if I drop down to a 460 and don't get a aftermarket heatsink i might be able to get an i5 2400 within the budget. Is it worth it tho?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what kind of games she plays.. For something like WoW that is cpu heavy, the i5 is a better choice. For something more gpu heavy like crysis2 of BF3 or whatever, having the better gpu is better.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650