we shall see in around 20 odd days

Quote Originally Posted by Sundari View Post
    They openly said if they would ever do anything about Panda's it would be a book or something, so now if MoP is the new Expac, what about the "PR backlash" from that? So now we're all made idiots according to your theory?
    They said "usually"

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    How would there be a PR backlash?? What sort of backlash are you expecting?
    Three words:

Worgen Racial Mounts.

As it is, it doens't matter if this is Blizzs intention or not - they've dealt with such PR disasters before and they don't like it. They have quashed false rumours before.

They have not done so here, and they know it will cause a backlash if MoP is not what everyone think it is. It deosn't matter if its their fault or not, they'll get the blame.

Unless they are incredibly incompetent, I don't think they'd just sit back and let a potential PR disatser of that kind just walk up and mug them. Not unelss they think they have something so special lined up the player base will (mostly) forgive them. Given the desire and appetitie for Pandaren that has been in the game since Vanilla - can't really deny that - and the sheer promise the apparently connected Asian theme brinsg with them, its hard to think of ANYTHING that will counter that degree of backlash.

As it is, what we've seen can be seen as a masterly PR campaign. The TM launched and was found, there were skillful and evasive denials, then the usual hints and teases about what is happening at Blizzcon and the increased presence in lore....

There isn't much of an argument against MoP being the next Xpac save "I don't want to play Pandas so it can't be real". The naysayers may be right - butt heres no evidence or hints that they are.

They openly said if they would ever do anything about Panda's it would be a book or something, so now if MoP is the new Expac, what about the "PR backlash" from that? So now we're all made idiots according to your theory?
    "In the past, we've only dealt with pandaren in books, comics, etc because they aren't in game" is NOT (to me) a denial that MoP is the next Xpac. Its a highly evavise answer and one he knew must have been coming.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2011-10-01 at 06:11 PM.

Chen's keg and the Chinese-esque turtle mount fossil things in Swamp of Sorrows. It is going to happen.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Chen's keg and the Chinese-esque turtle mount fossil things in Swamp of Sorrows. It is going to happen.
    This is relevant to my interests. What exactly are you talking about? Are there pictures?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyroclysm View Post
    This is relevant to my interests. What exactly are you talking about? Are there pictures?
    I presume this was meant:

(I remembered the pic was part of the Wowpedia article on Gilijim's Isle.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    I presume this was meant:

(I remembered the pic was part of the Wowpedia article on Gilijim's Isle.)
    There used to be a bunch of those in Darkshore. There were quests involved with finding them and reporting back. I'm not sure if they are still there. The quests are gone. There was no indication those had anything to do with Pandaria. That said, there is a somewhat Asian looking covered bridge in Swamp of Sorrows that i don't recall seeing anything else quite like.

Pitmaster Pei on Darkmoon Isle
    Foo Fighters at Blizzcon.

I would be astounded if the Foo Fighters made the announcement right at the end of their set. That would be clever. Would annoy people I'm sure, but that would be really clever. Blizzard needs to troll it's fan base more often.

Quote Originally Posted by volar View Post
    They know at least 4-6 million people would quit if they added "the jokerace" pandas as a playable race.
    Making up statistics is fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    What, the next xpac is about the Second World War and airplanes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    What, the next xpac is about the Second World War and airplanes?
    Wrath of the Gnomish Flying Machines of the Second War!

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Pitmaster Pei on Darkmoon Isle

I would be astounded if the Foo Fighters made the announcement right at the end of their set. That would be clever. Would annoy people I'm sure, but that would be really clever. Blizzard needs to troll it's fan base more often.
    Hah yeah that'd be pretty epic.. Although Blizzcon announcements are generally done in the opening session so it doesn't quite work out :/

P.S. Possessive 'its' doesn't need an apostrophe.
    My armory
    DK tanking stuffs since WoTLK beta's first day of release.

Actually I have a real life, I'm just on my friends computer while we have a drink around his house before we go BMX'ing down the castle near by his house and found all the geeks spouting rubbish.
    Most fail troll thread ever. Featuring Boub as last post!

Deleted
    omg, pandas! they cant put pandas in the game, thats just...not possible!

Yeah, cause space cows and so on are possible...

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath of the Gnomish Flying Machines of the Second War!
    Wouldn't mind a Second War CoT dungeon, now that you bring it up.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Wouldn't mind a Second War CoT dungeon, now that you bring it up.
    Or a Second War CoT battleground.

*Dun dun DUUUUUUN!*

10+ Year Old Account

*Dun dun DUUUUUUN!*
    With a twist: it's another flag capturing BG.

10+ Year Old Account

*Dun dun DUUUUUUN!*
    Battle of Nethergarde Keep, where Alliance players have to fight the Horde back into the Dark Portal and the Horde has to push through past Nethergarde?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwulf View Post
    Too bad top pvp'ers are a miniscule fraction of their playerbase. Blizzard could give 2 shits about that, it's all about pleasing the majority crowd these days.
    It has ALWAYS been like that and it will ALWAYS be like that. Why? Because they want to sell their product, they are a company that needs to generate revenue to continue to exist...and catering to the majority of your playerbase is the smartest thing to do.

On topic: I really don't know what to make of everything, and I will hold my tongue until we've had Blizzcon. =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    With a twist: it's another flag capturing BG.
    "The Horde has been pushed back to Blackrock Spire. Forces of the modern Horde have been sent back in time to ensure the survival of the orcish race. Their mission is simple: buying time for the fleeing Orcs before the Alliance breaches their defenses.

Varian Wrynn has ordered the battle-hardened heroes of the Alliance to enter the hallways of the Caverns too. They're bent on defeating the Horde's expedition and securing a lasting peace for the Alliance.

Fight shoulder-to-shoulder with such legendary figures as Orgrim Doomhammer, Anduin Lothar, General Turalyon, and Kilrogg Deadeye! Win a brighter future for your faction in this exciting new Capture the Flag scenario battleground!"

I can see it now...

As cool as a CoT BG would be, it just wouldn't work imo. The CoT are all about preserving the time way. A BG that could go either way kind of goes against the premise. I think however, that it would be awesome to do a Blackrock Spire battle instance.