I hope MoP is not in fact the next expansion. Exactly how much content can they squeeze out of that? What could possibly be awesome about Pandaren compared to Arthas or Neltharion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyo View Post
    Yeah sure, maybe I'm a little nitpicky on the naming. They very well could call the class Brewmaster and incorporate an asian monk style into it's combat mechanics. Would also make the drunken master cooldown more fitting

I doubt that every Pandaren is a Brewmaster though. That borders on racist, like "yeah them always drunken Pandarens can't ever be trusted mate".
    Yeah, I mean common, we have the dwarves for that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    A bad answer (which I've seen mentioned) would be to give "redeemed Naga" an out of combat Night Elf form somewhat similar to the Worgen Human form.
    I always though maybe give them legs but keep their skin type. Maybe a little bulkier than Night Elves.

Then if they go into water, their legs change to a Tail. It could be kind of like Druids Aquatic Form. You could glyph it to make you swim at the Poseidus Mount, the free one.

I would probably play a Naga if they added them, except thats a whole lot of Lore or some Story they gotta come up with to make them Co Exist with Night Elves.

Credit to Eronote.
    Credit to Shiri for Avatar

Just 2 more days to go holy shit we're almost there!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vehemence View Post
    Just 2 more days to go holy shit we're almost there!
    Another 48 hours!

Funny-Bad,-but-good-in-it's-day-action-movie-quote ftw

Well Neltharion being compared to Arthas makes many people quiver as well. But I definitely see MoP as a huge let down, especially if they do not interweave their story seamlessly (red shirt guy will eat them up). But then again I am so sick of killing dragons!!! Maybe it will be kind of like BC where Illidan was seen as the main protagonist of the expansion, yet, he wasn't, and more raids were released. I like the idea that we don't always know what the last boss will be until he's about to be released. I believe Blizzard will be trying to wrap the game up starting with this expansion so that we see the end of WoW (I mean it was a great run) right about the time Titan is being released.

I see three more expansions, with the announcement of what Titan is at Blizzcon '12 and a more major reveal in Blizzcon '13 with release sometime in '14.

I hope they do an all in with MoP, to show they still care to give SHITLOADS of awesomeness.

wish list:
    -pandas on both sides (with transmog coming around the corner who cares about pvp silohouette anyway)
    -new class (w/e it is ill play it anyway just want something new)
    and..........*drum roll* ACTIVE COMBAT you heard it here first. Dodging spells and all that fuzz.
    -new race model will come too (this will be the graphical update for this xpac)

---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Narrax View Post
    Well Neltharion being compared to Arthas makes many people quiver as well. But I definitely see MoP as a huge let down, especially if they do not interweave their story seamlessly (red shirt guy will eat them up). But then again I am so sick of killing dragons!!! Maybe it will be kind of like BC where Illidan was seen as the main protagonist of the expansion, yet, he wasn't, and more raids were released. I like the idea that we don't always know what the last boss will be until he's about to be released. I believe Blizzard will be trying to wrap the game up starting with this expansion so that we see the end of WoW (I mean it was a great run) right about the time Titan is being released.

I see three more expansions, with the announcement of what Titan is at Blizzcon '12 and a more major reveal in Blizzcon '13 with release sometime in '14.
    There will be expansion till there are player to play them, everquest still get new xpac every now and then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    I hope they do an all in with MoP, to show they still care to give SHITLOADS of awesomeness.

wish list:
    -pandas on both sides (with transmog coming around the corner who cares about pvp silohouette anyway)
    -new class (w/e it is ill play it anyway just want something new)
    and..........*drum roll* ACTIVE COMBAT you heard it here first. Dodging spells and all that fuzz.
    -new race model will come too (this will be the graphical update for this xpac)

---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 04:39 PM ----------

There will be expansion till there are player to play them, everquest still get new xpac every now and then.
    God, please no. Jumping and skipping and dodging is NOT my idea of fun in a game, it puts the game in the hands of 13 year old young people that still have twitch reflexes. It'll become like online FPS games, god help us.

I love the way WoW doesn't work that way, but comes down to a measured using of skills much more like a cerebral thing than relying on reflexes.
    I can pretty much guarantee you that I would stop playing if it came down to reflexes to play well. Not because I couldn't do it well enough to get along, but because it would take away from what the game fundamentaly is.

Deleted
    So I just watched the movie Red Cliff(Awesome film, go watch it)
    And if Blizzard does it right, a Chinese inspired landscape with chinese myhtology and armors would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    God, please no. Jumping and skipping and dodging is NOT my idea of fun in a game, it puts the game in the hands of 13 year old young people that still have twitch reflexes. It'll become like online FPS games, god help us.

I love the way WoW doesn't work that way, but comes down to a measured using of skills much more like a cerebral thing than relying on reflexes.
    I can pretty much guarantee you that I would stop playing if it came down to reflexes to play well. Not because I couldn't do it well enough to get along, but because it would take away from what the game fundamentaly is.
    You already avoid thing in raid you know * moving out of x thing* is a kind of active playing. They will do something radical

Oddly enough, this topic is still open. When it has as much proof as the Argus one. Moderator irony ftw!

On topic:
    What would the villain be in MoP? Azshara? No, she wouldn't bore herself with something as minor as the Pandaren. Sure, it would be fun. But how can you explain it lorewise. We had C'thun, Illidan/whatshisface from Sunwell, Arthas, then Deathwing heavily mutated by an Old God (N'zoth). Some really random unknown panda wouldn't just follow the line of awesome villains.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Oddly enough, this topic is still open. When it has as much proof as the Argus one. Moderator irony ftw!

On topic:
    What would the villain be in MoP? Azshara? No, she wouldn't bore herself with something as minor as the Pandaren. Sure, it would be fun. But how can you explain it lorewise. We had C'thun, Illidan/whatshisface from Sunwell, Arthas, then Deathwing heavily mutated by an Old God (N'zoth). Some really random unknown panda wouldn't just follow the line of awesome villains.
    This topic has at least two hints, that can be seen: trademark and interview. No proof, but at least more than just "a friend told me".
    And we have 192 pages of speculation about how it might all fit together. And how Pandaria could be the place where all the hints that were given about "mists" up to now might culminate into something big and evil. And Pandaren.

On topic:
    As much proof ? Show me the Argus trademark then.

On topic:
    This thread has one thing that the Argus thread does not, the trademark.

Also, Azshara could go to Pandaria in order to find some relic, or other source of power to take back her old empire. It's not hard for them to create a viable reason for a villain to go somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account

On topic:
    My personal opinion, and this thread is filled to the brim with those, is that Blizz couldn't possibly out-EPIC a world destroying Dragon, nor in size nor in awesomeness, nor in destructive power, so they decided to go in another direction.

We are heroes in game, but also adventurers, so they invite us to go adventure in a new area with all kinds of cool stuff yadda yadda yadda. With our usual luck we'll make enemies and stuff like nobodies business and have a nice expansion end boss in no time.

On topic:
    what makes you think the pandaren are minor?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    So I just watched the movie Red Cliff(Awesome film, go watch it)
    And if Blizzard does it right, a Chinese inspired landscape with chinese myhtology and armors would be amazing.
    The movie I really want Blizzard to take some inspiration from, if they go with Chinese mythology/culture, is called Curse of the Golden Flower.

The set and costume design in that movie was absolutely breathtaking. Let me find some screenshots.

And that's just set design, not even taking into account the geography of China, which is absolutely gorgeous. They've even got desert wastelands (as seen in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) and an icey tundra.

I forgot indeed, a trademark is undeniable proof that it's an expansion. It has to be the expansion because the trademark says so! ow wait.

And no, saying "But Cata and LK had the same trademark" is not an excuse to proof that it's an expansion.

Also, about the Minor:

Pandaren were a joke race in WC3, why suddenly make it a major race. They would really have to make a good story around that.

I forgot indeed, a trademark is undeniable proof that it's an expansion. It has to be the expansion because the trademark says so! ow wait.

And no, saying "But Cata and LK had the same trademark" is not an excuse to proof that it's an expansion.

Also, about the Minor:

Pandaren were a joke race in WC3, why suddenly make it a major race. They would really have to make a good story around that.
    Nobody claims that the trademark is incontrovertable proof, we're just saying it's a stronger grounds for speculation than "my friend's friend's cousin totally works for Blizzard and said the next expansion is X."

10+ Year Old Account

Also, about the Minor:

That every other expansion was leaked by the same kind of trademark is only good evidence. That we have no other trademark for them to use two days before an expansion announcement is essentially confirmation.