Sadly it looks like MMO-champ gave you no recognition for this. Shameless moderators at their finest

Zomg MoP ruined WoW!1!1!! I want Cata back!1!

OT:
    There's no reason Pandaren would have to be in the Mists of Pandaria expansion. That'd help them get around the whole china/panda problem, it'd be an easy explanation "Pandaria was devastated in the cataclysm" and it'd simply allow a whole new continent to be opened up. Then again, it's more likely there will be pandas lol

So folks. Will this be on the "other side" of Azeroth that many say dont exist even though the 2 oceans have different names or will this be in the south seas?

The day the President announces that patent change and reform is going to be a major priority, Blizzard files.
    Coincidence?
    Do not lead me into temptation... I know the shortcuts. Follow Me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJim View Post

OT:
    There's no reason Pandaren would have to be in the Mists of Pandaria expansion. That'd help them get around the whole china/panda problem, it'd be an easy explanation "Pandaria was devastated in the cataclysm" and it'd simply allow a whole new continent to be opened up. Then again, it's more likely there will be pandas lol
    Can we have something in the OP explaining that there is NO China + panda problem? They have other games where pandas fight. The only issue there's ever been is that the pandas were wearing Japanese clothing rather than Chinese.

10+ Year Old Account

OT:
    The china problem is a myth.

Obviously bliz are aiming WoW at a teenager or younger audience with cute pandas

10+ Year Old Account

OT:
    ... But there is no China/panda problem. At all. The uproar was over an animal that is almost universally linked with China wearing Japanese armor. China and Japan still have awful relations over the Japanese occupation, to show the animal that's basically synonymous with China in Japanese gear would be like if Blizzard were to include eagle-men who wore swastikas (Oh god I am so sorry for the Godwin but it's the same basic cultural idea).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Another persistent rumor regarding their non-inclusion in the game is that there is a law in China prohibiting any depiction of violence against pandas, even anthropomorphic pandas, even in a video game. This rumor is, in fact, baseless. Not only does such a law not exist, but there is at least one Chinese MMO that does feature both PvP and a playable race of pandas.
    I don't think Blizzard is going to care much about China law after this: http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/07/20/un...pens-in-china/

Also even if it were law, China could just do what they did with the Wrath expansion and change up the images of the pandas much like they did with the undead.

Deleted
    All i have to say is 7 years of WoW and atleast what like 9 possibly 10 since Warcraft 3, on behalf of all Pandaren fans its about f*cking time Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gzr View Post
    The day the President announces that patent change and reform is going to be a major priority, Blizzard files.
    Coincidence?
    Every other expansion was filed in late July, so yes.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to continue hoping it isn't so until they announce for sure what's coming.

do not want pandaren. do notttt wannntt.

/fingers crossed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Obviously bliz are aiming WoW at a teenager or younger audience with cute pandas
    Would not call these panda's cute. They are monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I wonder why it has already been proven wrong then multiple times.
    How has it ever been proven wrong? Because some of the zones are off? I hate to break it to you... small details... CAN be changed after 3-4 years! Insane, I know.

its a sign blizzcon virtual tickets now on sale
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-...A-wvKAaFacq_gA
    Check out my youtube channel for WoW lore videos and more!

10+ Year Old Account
    The china problem is a myth.
    It's not a myth. It's some stupid kids trolling. China doesn't have a problem with Pandas in games, they've never had.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentul View Post
    How has it ever been proven wrong? Because some of the zones are off? I hate to break it to you... small details... CAN be changed after 3-4 years! Insane, I know.
    Are you talking about the list that was made in the Wrath beta, and whose poster admitted it was a fake he made while bored? The one that was in no way, shape, or form endorsed or confirmed by Blizzard? Mate, please, remove the foil hat.

I wonder why it has already been proven wrong then multiple times.
    Mostly because his memory is fooling him. The list was made later than many believers would tell you, when most of the areas in it were already confirmed. It was actually changed later on to fit closer with new information.

Not that any of that is relevant, since even if it had been real at some point, it's completely worthless by now. Plans have changed repeatedly in the past, and will continue to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    I'm going to continue hoping it isn't so until they announce for sure what's coming.

do not want pandaren. do notttt wannntt.

/fingers crossed
    Read up on them, you will think differently then. Panderan have to be the most bad-ass of any race.

I don't see you having a problem with Tauren, talking cows. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde and Alliance must go to Pandaria to kill all the Pandas! coz they have joined the darkside!