Poll: Why do you believe governments coverup "UFO" related incidents?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    The government could not cover an attack by aliens, so why disclose their existance, if they know about it?

If they get lucky and glean some technology from a crash, this is a win.

If aliens attack, it's not just from the sky, it's from space and literally, "out of the blue"

So why warn?
    Ever heard of Orson Welles? Or War of the Worlds? It was played out over the radio waves back in 1938, but the public didn't realize it was a story and set off mass hysteria.If the government discloses any form of alien visitation/contact, most of the public wouldn't be able to handle it.

I do believe we have been visited and that we still are. Sure there isn't alot of physical evidence, but, there sure as hell has been alot of visuals over the entirety of mans existence. I just find it funny, people are so dead set to believe the thought of alien existence, impossible and fantasy. However, it's perfectly acceptible that one supreme being with infinite power exists.

This type of reasoning doesn't make you scratch your head?
    Last edited by Dryade; 2011-08-04 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryade View Post
    Ever heard of Orson Welles? Or War of the Worlds? It was played out over the radio waves back in 1938, but the public didn't realize it was a story and set off mass hysteria.If the government discloses any form of alien visitation/contact, most of the public wouldn't be able to handle it.

I do believe we have been visited and that we still are. Sure there isn't alot of physical evidence, but, there sure as hell has been alot of visuals over the entirety of mans existence. I just find it funny, people are so dead set to believe the thought of alien existence, impossible and fantasy. However, it's perfectly acceptible that one supreme being with infinite power exists.

in earlier post a guy pointed out a study that said that they were not fearing aliens but nazis... They make connections who seemed normal back then... Its disturbing that jumping to aliens every time something happens now seems normal...

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Yes. It can be the cosmic equivalent of Americas Funniest Videos
    Hahahaha. Reminds me of Southpark where Earth is really just some reality show set up by aliens.
    Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    or the mystical third option, which involves handcuffs and lubricant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I seriously think some people picture the higher ups at Blizzard as a group of guys in suits sitting around an office wearing giant hats made out of $100 bills and smoking giant cigars rolled out of $100 bills saying to each other "How can we piss off out players this week? Muhahahahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dryade View Post

Believing in aliens and believing aliens have visited Earth are different. Also, only about a quarter of the people listening to War of the Worlds thought it was real and the panic caused was because it was about an invasion.

Since Faster Than Light travel was recently scientifically dis-proven, I doubt there have been any ufo's short of their own experiments.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmist View Post
    Since Faster Than Light travel was recently scientifically dis-proven, I doubt there have been any ufo's short of their own experiments.
    So funny that a certain group of scientist keeps coming up with that argument, which is true. But neglect to tell that in theory you can warp or fold space to achieve the same effect.
    Not so long ago people though the earth was flast, men could not fly and look where we are. This is a weakness we have, to perceive that what we currently know is al there is to know...

Deleted
    Ofc they are hiding it.

I havent seen one myself but man did i creep out when i saw a real footage of a weird ship moving slowly and suddenly bursting in an instant to the sky. It was real. You can tell it in an instant. I dont know the link anymore xD.

But its great that they hide it actually. Many if not the majority of humans are really crazy, and thanks to them everything would get ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Peta View Post
    So funny that a certain group of scientist keeps coming up with that argument, which is true. But neglect to tell that in theory you can warp or fold space to achieve the same effect.
    Not so long ago people though the earth was flast, men could not fly and look where we are. This is a weakness we have, to perceive that what we currently know is al there is to know...
    well there ARE limitations...

---------- Post added 2011-08-05 at 01:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Ofc they are hiding it.

I havent seen one myself but man did i creep out when i saw a real footage of a weird ship moving slowly and suddenly bursting in an instant to the sky. It was real. You can tell it in an instant. I dont know the link anymore xD.

But its great that they hide it actually. Many if not the majority of humans are really crazy, and thanks to them everything would get ruined.
    he is a real slow weird ship bursting quite instantaniously... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Fc8kIyMCo

10+ Year Old Account
    Little Green men in UFO's do not exist. Aliens as people choose to view them don't exist.
    Perhaps in some far off corner of our universe some other form of life exists, but they certainly don't visit us.

The odds of organic life evolving on a planet is shockingly low, Earth in itself is a fluke. People need to stop calling every flashing light in the sky Aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmist View Post
    Disproven by The Church Vatican funded science research ???

Then , it must be true

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Little Green men in UFO's do not exist. Aliens as people choose to view them don't exist.
    Perhaps in some far off corner of our universe some other form of life exists, but they certainly don't visit us.

The odds of organic life evolving on a planet is shockingly low, Earth in itself is a fluke. People need to stop calling every flashing light in the sky Aliens.

actually your statement of odds of organic life was pulled from the very darkest void of your ass... We simply do not know... it could be easy, it could be hard... We do not know because we have only seen it once, and we have yet to create it ourselves...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    actually your statement of odds of organic life was pulled from the very darkest void of your ass... We simply do not know... it could be easy, it could be hard... We do not know because we have only seen it once, and we have yet to create it ourselves...
    Probably should have said "I think it's really low"
    And seen it? no we have not.

15+ Year Old Account
    I refuse to answer the poll as there is no "I don't believe this sort of bullshit" option. And that pretty much summarizes my opinion about this subject.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

Deleted
    i find it hard to read Alien and Invasion in 1 sentence.

no1 knows if there are aliens at all. Drake`s formulae and countless other well respected astronomics predict there is a near 100% chance they do exist and i find it reasonable that it is indeed true.. problem is, are there any Aliens that have the technology to get here? if they do, they wont need an "invasion" to get what they want... if they decide to be hostile, it surely wont go the War of worlds style lol. more like a 1 button touch and humanity is done for situation.

however i do not think we possess materials or any matter at all that is valuable enough to interfear with humanity, positive or negative to have contact. the only other option is humanity being a growing threat versus these or other alien worlds if we continue to develop outselfs with our destructive nature as it is.

OT: no, i partly explained why.. the government is not capable, and the government has nothing to say or to do when there is indeed contact incoming.