10+ Year Old Account

Nooby Druid LF halps

Been playing a warrior for 2.5 years. ROlled a DK a month ago, dingd 85, got bored, left for a month.

Came back last week and did some PvP with some guildies. Apparently I was too hard on healers, demanding they be more mobile, offensive (CC) and aggressive. I said enough is enough and rolled a druid to teach some kids how to heal in PvP.

So here I am, a level 35 resto druid.

Did a run of SM where the tank kept screaming to use my other hots. So far, the only two heals I use are rejuv and nourish, and regrowth in emergencies. He never died, but god dammit it was annoying. I usually pretty efficient with my mana so hearing I need to be using other hots pissed me off in that I'm oom after 30 seconds of the bigger heals.

What'll the future levels look like for me, and especially PvP (healing-wise. as in what spells)? Will it be how I am now? Lay a HoT and spam nourish when needed?

Teach me what I'm doing wrong, if anything.

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Ráyver/simple

N
    OTE: Well aware that alot of my BoA gear isnt for healing. I rolled a druid for feral originally. The queue was too long for me.

On a side note, what should I be doing to level the fastest. WTB lvl 85 resto druid.

So yeah, lay it on me. Come at me bro.
    Last edited by murdockpt; 2011-08-03 at 01:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you'll get much advice on a Druid at just level 35. Come back when you are 85 and have full access to talent trees, all spells, etc.

I'd definately have a DPS offspec though if you want to level fast. Questing as resto will be pretty painful!
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

Well, you could pick some mana regeneration talents and skip the ones that benefit on later levels. Master shapeshifter is great, blessing of the grove isnt. Heart of the wild is excellent, dont skip it. Take revitalize.

On level 85 you're not going to heal much so be prepared to cc a lot. In pvp situations, your heals are worst of all healers. Just set hots to targets taking damage and try to get cyclones off.

For fastest leveling, i suggest feral or moonkin. Moonkin might be better for you as you can start healing once you ding 85 immidietly with your gear. Just quest while being in a dungeon queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherylina View Post
    I don't think you'll get much advice on a Druid at just level 35. Come back when you are 85 and have full access to talent trees, all spells, etc.

I'd definately have a DPS offspec though if you want to level fast. Questing as resto will be pretty painful!
    was more of hoping some people could tell me what healing combos they use at endgame, and what spells are most used.

so far, like i said, the only 2 i really use are rejuv and nourish. will it be like that in endgame or what?

and I guess while im here, whatre the stat prios, etc.

---------- Post added 2011-08-03 at 09:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Well, you could pick some mana regeneration talents and skip the ones that benefit on later levels. Master shapeshifter is great, blessing of the grove isnt. Heart of the wild is excellent, dont skip it. Take revitalize.

On level 85 you're not going to heal much so be prepared to cc a lot. In pvp situations, your heals are worst of all healers. Just set hots to targets taking damage and try to get cyclones off.

For fastest leveling, i suggest feral or moonkin. Moonkin might be better for you as you can start healing once you ding 85 immidietly with your gear. Just quest while being in a dungeon queue.
    that works. i always considered druids the best healers around because of their hots and cyclones. sure, there only emergency heal eats up hots and has a nonspammable cd but i love them. didnt know i wouldnt be healing too much though, that was interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well most of that is in the guide at the top of the page =)
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

Deleted
    Go tank healer for instant queue.Pvp healing is mainly instant casts so still will be mainly hottingPs. Use newbie druid instead of noobie. There is a diffrence.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    that's about it from what you've got----at 85, it looks a little like this:

3 stacks of lifebloom on the tank (generally don't let it drop off)
    refresh lifebloom with nourish (must talent to get proc)
    wild growth for groups heals (generally on cooldown, must talent to get spell)
    regrowth on clearcasts (must talent to clearcast, can also refresh lifebloom with same talent as nourish)
    rejuv targets still taking damage (some people always keep this up on the tank, too)
    swiftmend for emergency heals/proccing efflo (must talent for efflo and glyph to not remove rejuv/rg)

from what I've seen in resto pvp, there's a lot more use of regrowth (and possibly healing touch) than in pve, though.

For starters, your tank in SM was an idiot.

For the most part, you're healing strat (for that level) is fine, although you don't mention swiftmend, that should be used alot (far more than regrowth). Speaking of swiftmend, I would recommend picking up glyph of swiftmend asap.

As far as leveling fast, you would want to go tank and just chain dungeons.

look forward to dieing very quickly at 85, resto druids are by far the worst healers, my advice would be reroll hpal or rsham