Deleted

BIOS sound while booting

I have been away from my PC for quite a while.

I recently returned and booted up the PC for the first time in months. Now I don't remember the PC making any odd sounds the first time I booted it up but since then (and numerous Windows Updates etc.) it now does an odd long creaking sound nothing like I've ever heard before, right after the POST.

Now I know that BIOS generally communicates is bieps and bomps but this sounds nothing like it. It's more of a 3-4 second long crackling sound.

The closest thing I could think off that even resembles it is the sound of the Imperial Scout Droids from TESB.

I know this is a bit of a lousy description but I'm a little clueless as the PC hasn't really displayed any sort of symptoms.
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2011-08-04 at 05:20 AM.

Deleted

I think I found your problem, no need to thank me

On-topic,
    A crackling sound is definitely not normal but I have no idea what it means. Maybe your BIOS has improved itself and wishes to communicate with the Imperial Fleet?
    Last edited by mmocf3e8550591; 2011-08-05 at 04:17 AM.

Considering you have been away from the PC for months, Strong possibility that a fair amount of dust has build up on the inside. Could use a cleaning, never know that could be the cause.