Deleted

Tanking rotation in macro?

Hi everyone,

I've been playing my prot paldin with a taking marco for a while now and I would like some toughts on its efficiency regarding threat :

The macro :
    /castsequence reset=12 Crusader Strike(), Avenger's Shield(),Crusader Strike(), Judgement(),Crusader Strike(), Crusader Strike(), Holy Wrath(), Frappe Crusader Strike(), Judgement(), Crusader Strike()

Every time two Crusader Strike come one after the other, a Shield of the righteous is casted.

I know:
    Playing with a macro is not fun
    With this macro I miss a lot of avanger's shield procs.

But when you look at cooldowns, it fits perfectly, every ability being used only 1.5 or 2 seconds after it comes of cooldown.

I'd like yor opinion on the efficiency of this macro.
    Last edited by mmoc313eb5ec09; 2011-08-07 at 02:32 PM.

Pretty sure it would be kind of annoying having no control over your rotation tbh
    Armory and ranks

Armory
    Ranks
    pov

Deleted
    Just don't do this..
    Our rotation is pretty simple, you don't need much of your attention to execute it right.
    As you said, you're missing almost every GC proc.
    Grand Crusader gives you approximately 300 DPS per point, so you are going to lose roughly 500 dps by missing GC procs alone.

Another problem with you macro is that it doesn't account for moments where you're not casting.
    During this time, abilities like cs and AS will come off cd, but your macro will continue it's sequence at the point where you stopped casting, and wasting another huge chunk of dps.

So what's your reason for using it?

what they said^^

but...

Bind avengers shield to scroll up, use to fill between crusader strikes and/or on cd
    Bind holy wrath on scroll down, use when other shit is on cd or on aoe pull etc

Single Target:
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /castsequence reset=combat/6 Judgement, Crusader Strike, Crusader Strike, Crusader Strike, Shield of the Righteous
    /cast Avenging Wrath
    /cancelaura Divine Shield
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1

AoE:
    /startattack
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /castsequence reset=combat/6 Judgement, Hammer of the Righteous, Hammer of the Righteous, Hammer of the Righteous, Inquisition
    /cast Avenging Wrath
    /cancelaura Divine Shield
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1

obv this is the druken lazy mans 90% solution but its great if you want to not have to pay attn to shit and raid lead or masturbate etc
    Last edited by Megatwan; 2011-08-07 at 12:21 PM.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or better yet just use power auras to show when something is off cooldown. Works for me. U can even add timers if u really want o be high dps

Deleted
    Another problem with you macro is that it doesn't account for moments where you're not casting.
    During this time, abilities like cs and AS will come off cd, but your macro will continue it's sequence at the point where you stopped casting, and wasting another huge chunk of dps.

Well since there is a reset time in my macro, if it's longer than 12 secs, it restarts from the begining.

The reason for using it is to have an almost perfect timing on the use of my fillers since as I said it uses fillers almost 1 or 2 secs after their cooldown resets. So if cooldowns fit so smoothly why wouldn't it be optimal, except for the GC procs? Try it yourself in a heroic run and tell me your impressions (watch out for mispell in the abilitiy's name, I've translated them from french)

You can also use the other on i've made for aoe tanking with inquisition as HP dump :
    /castsequence reset=12 Hammer of the Righteous(), Avenger's Shield(), Hammer of the Righteous(), Judgement(), Hammer of the Righteous(), Hammer of the Righteous(), Holy wrath(), Hammer of the Righteous(), Judgement(), Hammer of the Righteous()

Deleted
    The reset-condition doesn't help you for down-times between 1 and 12 seconds, and these are by far the most common ones.
    Think about moments where you're not in meele-range for 2 seconds, because you have to run towards an add or some other really common scenarios.

Or during any other moment where you are not in range, you would want to cast either judgement or avenger's shield (or holy wrath in rare cases) and you just can't do that with your macro.

Simplification is good, even if your potential maximum performance suffers from it, when keeping it simpler helps you doing it better.
    But this is just not the case for your standard-rotation.
    It's really really really simple to line your fillers up perfectly. You won't lose a huge amount of dps (maybe 10% or something like that), but the problem is that you gain nearly nothing by doing so.

On a side note, you are perfectly fine without the parenthesis ().

Deleted
    Bleh, terrible idea imo. What happens when you miss?

When you miss the whole thing gets screwed up and capping hit/exp is a worse idea than making this macro.

You have no control over your abilities, sometimes you'll need to prioritise Judgment over AS to get the mana regen buff up. Which means you need a seperate Judgement button.
    You don't want to avoid Grand Crusader procs, so AS has to be on a seperate buttons.
    Doesn't leave much left for your macro to do.

Deleted
    The macro does not reset if I miss or get parried. It continues its course. If you don't believe me, give it a try.

Judgement is always used whenever it's off cooldown, timing fits perfectly.

For GC, I know this is a loss... but from what i've tested so far in raids (t11 normal-hero, this is only an alt) aggro is not a problem. Plus, downtimes are very rares...

And if I'm lucky somtimes AS is used during GC

I realize this is not the best way to play as tank, but just so you know this possibility exists, for lazy ass persons like me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shendow View Post
    The macro does not reset if I miss or get parried. It continues its course. If you don't believe me, give it a try.
    And that's bad. If you miss your ShoR, you press it again. After doing so, you will use wrong filler-spells.
    And this pretty much destroys your main-argument.
    What you're basically saying is: "Except for GC-proccs, except for small breaks in my rotation, except for moments when I'm not in melee-range and except for moments I'm missing with ShoR, the macro does everything perfectly."

That's the case, but you're using an extremely flawed logic.

like they said pally rotations are so simple for tanking u shouldnt need macros. esp since you'll miss a lot and have to use ur brain (who woulda known) to pull threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    for person like you I recommend any addon like CLCret ... in case u just stand at one spot and spanking boss, you just smash buttons like addon shows ... otherwise you have option to manage your rotation as you need ... have ur rotation macroed is just bad imo
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."