Deleted

There should be introduction for Battleground at the beginning.

Title says it, when you que up and que pops, you are on loading screen, there should read introduction for BG. i.E. "Warsong Gulch - Flag Capture Competition, you cannot cap while other team is holding flag too, kill fc etc. etc. if you keep flag long enough you gain stacks which will decrease your survivability, strong defensive classes i.E. Prot Warrios, Blood DK:s should keep flag."

And stuff. Too many times theres people in i.E. AV who don't know what to do, and are just yelling "ALL IN ALL IN" when 2-3 towers are up.

Thoughts?

A lot of times you have to pull Drek'thar/Vanndar with a couple towers up just to win the BG, but uh... simply clicking on each battleground in the honor tab tells you the objective of each, so there's no NEED for tips on the loading screen.

Deleted
    I do agree. At least some general guidelines. They don't even need to be too specific and can keep up some "lore" way of saying it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    A lot of times you have to pull Drek'thar/Vanndar with a couple towers up just to win the BG, but uh... simply clicking on each battleground in the honor tab tells you the objective of each, so there's no NEED for tips on the loading screen.
    A lot including me haven't even reade those tiny-tiny introductions. Idea were, that you NEED read those before you step into BG and know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Haspekoo View Post
    And stuff. Too many times theres people in i.E. AV who don't know what to do, and are just yelling "ALL IN ALL IN" when 2-3 towers are up.

Thoughts?
    AV is just full of inbreds who can't think. The amount of times i see a BG lost because 30 horde are sat infront of van waiting for the towers to be destroyed when, oh look the tower no one defended has been taken back..

Never understand how standing in front of the boss doing nothing is more productive and more likely to net you a win than guarding the tower your taking from those 1/2 players.

That said i don't think any description would make a difference, bad players are just that. Bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    An objective map and small explanation on the loading screen wouldn't be a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haspekoo View Post
    A lot including me haven't even reade those tiny-tiny introductions. Idea were, that you NEED read those before you step into BG and know what to do.
    So couldn't the same be said for dungeons? They put in the dungeon journal, but I still see people asking "how do you do this boss?" in dungeons. The information is there for everyone to see, though it is less "defined" for battlegrounds than it is in the dungeon journal.

I'll quote the Battle of Gilneas information. "The Battle for Gilneas is a 10 vs 10 domination battleground, where each side attempts to control the Mine, Lighthouse, and Waterworks for as long as possible." It's pretty descriptive on what you have to do, outside of saying "click on flag to capture the base."

I'm not saying that your idea is bad, just that it's already in game.
    Last edited by Mystile; 2011-08-04 at 12:07 PM.

people dont even read dungeon journal. Doesnt make a difference on the loading screen when there are tips as simple as 'dont stand in the fire'. Yet people still do.

I really doubt anyone not caring BG objectives would care for any introductions.

A better explanation for newcomers would be very welcome to someone like myself who is just starting to look into doing battlegrounds. Direct information from the developers would be much better as a base reference versus coming to a website like this one or others and having to wade through conflicting opinions to try to figure it all out.

I'm not sure a load screen would be the best place for it but tips there wouldn't hurt.

The problem here is that people seem to be confusing "instructions" and "strategies". It's not up to Blizzard to give you strategies to win BG's, that's up to the players to figure out. Perhaps sitting mid and farming HK's is the best strategy in WSG. Who is Blizzard to tell you not?