Thread: Loot Issue

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Set out the example yourself and leave the guild.

This I find to be really stupid I mean what kind of officer (that has loot rolls on) would not need on everything that comes up for a loot window? My guild keeps it on Rolls but all officers need then it goes to their bag and trade the person that "wins" the item (which yes seems stupid I agree) but still as an officer I always need on items in raids.

why are they making it such a big deal? just open a GM ticket and you'll get the items back within a few days.

the officers in your guilds are a bunch of drama queens, they're simply trying to transfer the guilt onto someone else. hello, little goat.

Ticket it... pretty simple.

Why would anyone use a such a retarded addon like that. 100% your fault. Open a GM ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikiniwax View Post
    Why would anyone use a such a retarded addon like that. 100% your fault. Open a GM ticket.
    It's not retarded.
    I have a similar addon that DE's all the greens for me leaving only Blues, Epics and so on intact for me to chose.

The OP just happen to have it wrongly configured.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikiniwax View Post
    The addon itself is actually pretty incredible. To only see roll windows for items I care about and have everything else auto DE'd or greeded (or needed in certain circumstances) just makes dungeons a lot less annoying. Why would I want to click DE and then confirm on every item when I can have an addon do that for me?

For my paladin, I only see a roll window for plate gear, weapons I can use, and accessories (rings, neck, trinkets, relic, cloak) above a certain ilvl. I have also configured a certain number of specific items to show a roll window (hello Maelstrom Crystals, Chaos Orbs, etc). If something doesn't match those filters, it goes to: BoNone are auto greeded, BoE greens are auto DE'd or greeded depending on if we have a DE'r in the group, BoE blues and epics are auto-greeded, and BoPs are auto DE'd or Greeded.

Don't know why the GM said he couldn't do anything about it, they can restore items for sure (there's just a limited number of restores per account or some such thing).

As for the guild, just leave, sounds like the officers are a bunch of power-hungry kids. It's been said a few times but, accidents with loot not being set to ML do happen from time to time, I'm sure almost every guild has done it. The solution is simple: officers roll need on the loot.

They probably just want to pin the blame on you so they don't have 20 other raiders mad at them for their own mistake. Just /gquit.

Deleted
    I'd say your not really to blame here, you shouldn't have really had that addon on during the raid (or configured incorrectly) but master looter should have been on. You also did warn the officers when you noticed so their also to blame for not hitting need. If people continue to give you flak for it i'd tell them grow up, accidents happen and at the end of the day this is not a major one in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Do your officers realise that they may be able to get the items reimbursed if they ticket a GM?

I've had an item restored in the past when I accidentally DE'd the wrong thing and didn't realise until too late.
    Unfortunately, items DE'd through the loot window never actually "exist", so there's nothing to restore. When you DE the incorrect item in your inventory, the GMs can see that you had the item, and are able to restore it.

Source: CS forum lurking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekk View Post
    Last night, my guild finally got down Alysrazor in 25m. Everyone was excited because this boss seemed to be quite a roadblock for us on 25 man. We had several good pieces drop, BUT, someone forgot to put master looter on. Well, I had the addon PassLoot on, and forgot to set the disenchant group to Dungeons only. Remembering this, I told all of the officers who were in skype to Need on all of the items, as they should have been doing normally. Well, no one did anything and bam, 3 of the pieces got disenchanted.

Now, because it was my addon that had the loot disenchanted, everyone immediately blamed me in the raid. I understand why they were blaming me, as my addon directly lead to the disenchanting of the loot. However, I had told the raid leader to set it to Master Looter right as we entered the raid and another time when the other officer entered the raid. I also called out for the officers to need roll on the loot, as if you leave the loot as passed, then anyone can take the loot from the boss, and then the loot becomes non-trade-able. After the raid, they kicked me from the call to discuss what they were going to do. They decided on wiping half my dkp and making it so I don't gain any dkp in next week's raid. My issue with this is that I was not the only person at fault, when I am the only one receiving any sort of punishment.

Now this issue makes me quite upset, or I wouldn't even post it here. I am not quite sure what I am going to do with this, but because of the way I have been treated in the guild by the other officers, I question my place in the guild. Other recent issues regarding positioning on bosses where they tell me basically, "Don't worry about this issue now, because we haven't gotten to it yet." This makes me wonder if they actually care about getting things done the best way. All of this has made me think about leaving the guild and applying to a new one. On the other hand, I know many people in the guild in real life, which makes it somewhat difficult to just leave the guild. My officer status also makes it feel like I am in a position where I can't leave the guild.

So my question for you guys is, who all is at fault, and what should I do given my situation.
    you know what just ticket the items and say "hey i have these 3 items back now, stop minusing me on DKP and maybe ill give em to you guys since you like to over react so hard core over something that's actually the raid leaders fault for not MLing.

You shouldn't be held solely responsible for it, all of the officers are somewhat at fault. But three pieces of loot won't make or break progression, and if you are an officer too (I presume you are) then the punishment is hardly worthwhile.

Ticket a GM, they're likely to get the items refunded.

As I see it you are all responsible for it. However why did you even have the add on on for raids?
    These other children are officers? did they start the guild? seems like a tantrum more so than punishment

Quote Originally Posted by ziwcam View Post
    Unfortunately, items DE'd through the loot window never actually "exist", so there's nothing to restore. When you DE the incorrect item in your inventory, the GMs can see that you had the item, and are able to restore it.

Source: CS forum lurking.
    Wrong.
    As stated by me a few posts up, it happened something similar to me, as in, I was farming FL loot, loot popup came up with an epic and I accidentally clicked DE. GM responded 3 days afterwards with a new item on my mail box. All I had to do was delete a maelstrom crystal.

Wow some great guild leadership you have there. Not going to point fingers at whos at fault or not, because you are all in some degree guilty. To push all blame on 1 person for the actions of 3+ people is ignorant of them. If these people were your RL friends or know them outside of the game, I would consider new friends. Yes its just a game but alot of what people do in here spill over into real life and seems best to get out before the bigger hasstle comes about.

Try a ticket with a GM though, just because someone elses ticket didnt work doesnt mean yours wont. He might have restored 20 things lately and they just flat out said no to him. See if you get the stuff back. If you do get your dkp back the stipulations lifted and an apology from the people that decided this. If not.. tell them where the sun doesnt shine and look for another guild. Make sure this doesnt happen again though

What, the raid leader didn't set it to master loot, even after being told to do so more than once? Then it's their fault. I'm the raid leader for my guild and unless we're doing t11 farm content then I always set it to master looter with rarity set to blue in Firelands because of the eternal embers for the legendary.

It's not your fault that someone else made a mistake. Sounds like whoever the raid leader is just passed the blame onto you because he's probably an officer and they talked about it in O chat. "/o yea, blame that guy, it's not my fault for not paying attention to the raid I'm leading."

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks again for all of the help in making my decision. The GM was unable to do anything regarding the loot because of the way in which the loot was disenchanted. I feel bad for the people who got affected, but I have chosen to leave the guild because of the decision by the officers. Hopefully they will learn that putting down your best raiders is not a good idea.

dont use loot addons, period.
    I'd actually leave that guild because it seems other officers, raid leader, master looter do want want to take any responisbility for their mistakes. Making an example out of you is BS. By doing that they're just telling the raid that if more than one person is partly responsible for a mistake like this, thay can just decide amongst themselves who takes all the blame.
    Not leaving the guild just because you have real life friends there is not an issue at all. You can tell them outside wow that you just cant take crap like that and accept all the blame, the punishment and then go on like nothing happened.
    If you decide to leave, I hope that you're a tank or a healer. That'll make them suffer a bit.

ps. I see you already made your decision.
    pps. too lazy to correct the initial reply.
    ppps. one should read all the follow-up posts from OP before replying
    Last edited by Confucius; 2011-08-05 at 12:03 AM.

I think its just a computer game and it doesn't really matter. Why should you be punished?

Just see if you can get the items back via a GM Ticket. If you cant, oh well... you will get the gear again next time.

Being punished for other people's incompetence is outright outrageous.

I'd advise you to go to another guild, the people you know IRL will surely understand.