Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It is NOT, read my post above already, jesus christ
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vicarious ink View Post
    Full LCD TVs that are 1080p will give you 1920x1080. Which is a good resolution for anything really. My 48" is set up with HDMI through my GPU and is 120Hz. Works like a charm.
    Sorry to inform you that HDMI does not go up to 120Hz, yeah I know it sucks, I dont even think a display port goes that fast, the best way to game is with a DVI but unfortunately not alot of TV's have them !
    Claiming that your operating system is the best in the world because more people use it is like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawlisse View Post
    Sorry to inform you that HDMI does not go up to 120Hz, yeah I know it sucks, I dont even think a display port goes that fast, the best way to game is with a DVI but unfortunately not alot of TV's have them !
    1.4 cables can pump more than 10mBit/sec easily as that is what you need for return channel and 3D support.
    The TV-refreshrate is another matter, but most manufaturers "lie" about that anyways as they for instance add the processor speeds together to get to e "600 hz " display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

Its all about quality.

My fiance went out on a work trip for a week so I hooked up my tower to our 52inch hd tv in our living room and the tv's resolution was set to 5100something by 3000 something.

my computer monitor which is a 24inch hd lcd runs at 19somethingby1600something.

if you want a good picture, don't by cheap deals.

electronics are one of those products you get what you pay for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck123 View Post
    1.4 cables can pump more than 10mBit/sec easily as that is what you need for return channel and 3D support.
    The TV-refreshrate is another matter, but most manufaturers "lie" about that anyways as they for instance add the processor speeds together to get to e "600 hz " display.
    yeah I know I did not express myself like I should of have, sorry my message might of mislead some. I have my computer hooked to a 40 inch sony bravia 120hz tv and a samsung 27 inch 120hz monitor, when I go to my resolution settings, I see my TV can only display @60Hz threw HDMI and samsung can display 120Hz too bad I dont have DVI on my TV
    Claiming that your operating system is the best in the world because more people use it is like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the world.

Deleted
    My TV is Philips. Not sure if it's a quality manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post

Also, this is a VGA:

http://www.mypcsstore.com/images/pro...1299279399.jpg

You're thinking of a GPU, I'd say.
    Yeah, sorry meant GPU. Also, now that we're mentioning it how much can GPU influence picture output? For example can most GPU's even older ones support full hd tvs?

10+ Year Old Account
    can you guys please stop failing to notice he is using a 4870? those things cant handle any higher on a big monitor/TV.

---------- Post added 2011-08-04 at 04:34 PM ----------

yes they do... they also go up to 240Hz you just buy the cheapo 60Hz ones off newegg for $3.99

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodless14r View Post
    Its all about quality.

My fiance went out on a work trip for a week so I hooked up my tower to our 52inch hd tv in our living room and the tv's resolution was set to 5100something by 3000 something.

my computer monitor which is a 24inch hd lcd runs at 19somethingby1600something.

if you want a good picture, don't by cheap deals.

electronics are one of those products you get what you pay for.
    you must be rich of you traveled back in time, you are talking about UHDTV's they have a max resolution of 7,680 × 4,320 and they are not set for public release yet, last I heard was 2017

I might be wrong ! tell us what TV you bought ?

---------- Post added 2011-08-04 at 04:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    can you guys please stop failing to notice he is using a 4870? those things cant handle any higher on a big monitor/TV.

---------- Post added 2011-08-04 at 04:34 PM ----------

yes they do... they also go up to 240Hz you just buy the cheapo 60Hz ones off newegg for $3.99
    nope I have monster cable HDMI, they dont display 240 images a seconds they wont display 120 images a seconds... the quality of the HDMI cable is more for Range (distance the signal has to travel) and the speed they will transfer Data some go up to 15Gbps !

They can handle the same resolution as any other card. The size of the screen has nothing to do with it.

Wrong. There aren't any tvs that accept an input higher than 60hz, the ones that are advertised 120hz and 240hz use frame interpolation. The only benefit is it makes video look smoother. It adds input lag which makes it terrible for anything but video. It's more useful as a marketing gimmick than anything else.
    Last edited by Trevor; 2011-08-04 at 05:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    actually from what i understand hd ready used to imply that a tv was able to use hd signals from outside sources such as satelite, digital cable, and video game consoles etc
    but DO NOT INCLUDE a built in over the air digital + hd tuner

I have a 1920x1080 hdtv hooked up to my laptop via hdmi for watching shows/movies off of. My laptop has a 4650M graphics card, much worse than yours, and handles the 1920x1080 resolution easily... the picture quality is great. It just sounds like you need a better tv. Look for one with 1080p resolution, or at least 1080i.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I like people that have 120Hz TVs and think they're running at True 120Hz. They're not, 120Hz on a TV is just frame doubling, it's different Tech from a monitor. Monitors that do 120Hz support input at 120Hz, TVs do not.

---------- Post added 2011-08-04 at 05:33 PM ----------

yeah I know I did not express myself like I should of have, sorry my message might of mislead some. I have my computer hooked to a 40 inch sony bravia 120hz tv and a samsung 27 inch 120hz monitor, when I go to my resolution settings, I see my TV can only display @60Hz threw HDMI and samsung can display 120Hz too bad I dont have DVI on my TV
    It won't matter, the TV can't accept 120Hz input, like I said above.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Deleted

I'm sorry, but what exacly is wrong with my 4870? Do you realise it was one of the best GPUs 2 years ago, and it still is VERY good.
    1GB VRAM DDR5 is by all means still very good last I checked.