Thread: Aeonaxx Stories

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Aeonaxx Stories

Ok so heres the story of me getting this super damn rare spawn, which took me in access of a month. I took screenshots so I thought I would share with you lovely people

This image shows me shortly after i mounted Aeonaxx, for some reason his health is showing as almost depleted, im not sure why, this is the first image i captured, i think it might have been the health of one of the small drakes as i switched back onto Aeonaxx. Although I dont have any screenshots of when he spawned, this is still the same height at which he flies around the temple for anyone wanting to know, he does fly at a higher altitude just after you mount him but not by a lot. He doesnt spawn at the east end of the temple so its best to camp the west just below the Stonecore as you are covering 3 spawn points here. Just stay in one place, fly around the temple every so often if you like but theres no need to all the time as NPC Scan picks him up from quite a distance as it did with me.

So after mounting him you are warned to take Aeonaxx and the whelps down before you are overwhelmed. Quite scary if you've not heard of it before but the drakes are easy and have very low health, as Holy spec I managed to one shot some of them with Exorcism when it critted by the amount of health Aeonaxx has it can be a long fight depending on your spec, I always panicked about running out of mana and not being able to fend of the adds but it went better than I thought and overall it took me 6-7 minutes to down Aeonaxx, I always had the ability to heal if things got bad but with many classes being able to self heal it makes this fight easier, also higher dps will take the adds down quicker meaning minimal damage to your character but if your one of those without any self healing its always best to bring some Potions just in case. I rarely had to heal but I did just to be 100% sure, I used Holy Word when I had chance and also Holy Shock on myself. Ive read threads about fighting this boss at a lower level than 85, it can be done apparently but you need decent cataclysm gear and be level 83 at least otherwise this fight can be difficult.

Important!

A note to certain classes

Certain Skills/Abilities used on Aeonaxx may actually cause you to dismount while flying on him, I have read that a few of these moves include Ice Block, Feign Death, there are probably more but it's always best to check, as a Paladin I used Concecration no problem, the only thing I did not use was Guardian of Ancient Kings as I didnt need to as it wouldn't of benefited me and it would of been a disaster if for some reason I got dismounted and I didn't want to run that risk

So after defeating Aeonaxx he falls to the ground and your given a parachute to float down with and loot the corpse, be careful if your coming up to deathwings fall and hes almost dead as you could put yourself in harm be parachuting down into lava and risk not being able to loot the corpse if you die or for whatever reason, also made more difficult on a pvp server as his body despawns if you dont loot it after a certain time and there could be plenty of horde waiting at the other end, luckily being on a pve server i was greeted with a few spits nothing more

Overall I was happy with the whole experience, I managed to get a rare mount, take some nice screenshots and also help any other guildies on getting this mount by giving you a breakdown of my personal experience, so here is the rest of what i got to show

If you need any more information, aeonaxxresource.com is a good website to check out Happy Camping!

Post your Aeonaxx stories here if you have any

---------- Post added 2011-08-04 at 06:36 PM ----------

Also if anyone can tell me how to get those Images smaller would be great, im not that literate with forums :P
    Last edited by mmocbb3b454b5d; 2011-08-04 at 07:56 PM.

Oh my god. Thumbnails please.

Grats.

Deleted
    How do i do thumbnails?

killing him as holy is crazy, i can't even imagine how long that might've taken

Gratz to you, that thing is rare as fack!

But, yeah, thumbnails please. :X

Deleted
    Took me 7 minutes but it seemed really quick to be honest :P how do i make them smaller please someone help :P

Congrats on your dragon dude. Now go camp Poseidus

300+ hours for THAT dragon? wtf not even worth 30 mins

I'm jelly :3

Grats tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post

You are nothing but jelly....

Deleted
    Thanks all, There should be an achievement for actually getting the mount though
    Last edited by mmocbb3b454b5d; 2011-08-04 at 07:57 PM.

I first got the crazy idea to camp this mount a couple months ago when I was really busy with school and work. I thought, since I wouldn't be able to play WoW, I would just leave it on in the background and camp while I did other things. This was around the beginning of May.

Finally, on July 20th, I managed to snag myself this mount. I had missed at least 6 spawns before because of random people flying by and getting it, or the friends I made while camping got it before me. In total, I spent around 540 hours camping =/

I did go on vacation for two weeks at the end of June though, so I did have a relaxing break from that. When I finally got it, I went crazy! Luckily no one was around to see me. And I agree, it should have some sort of achievement attached to it =P

If anyone reading this wants to attempt camping for this mount, my best advice would be to do it while you're doing something else, be it playing a different game or working on something, and never give up because if I can spend 540 hours in Deepholm and be sane enough to tell my story, anyone can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    Could you BE more jealous right now?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My story? I did the Glop daily, turned it in, ported back to the temple, decided to check on Aeo, and he was there.

I wish my other rare mob stories were as simple as that, heh. >.> Grats
    I am a filthy casual!

took me 5 mins

logged in, zoned, flew up a bit, sat myself on a ledge, rolled a smoke, was still crumbling when it came.

have used it 3times orso. flying mounts are for pve-ers, who dont use them also.

Congratz!
    I'm gonna start farming Aeenaxx as soon as I get my raven lord and maybe my white hawk strider...
    Can't wait for Aeonaxx though, thats one sexy drake!

Gz on the mount, bet you're glad you don't have to camp it anymore!
    I mounted him 5 minutes before a realm reset and didn't manage to down him on my resto druid
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoc213777db2f View Post
    I have a nuclear bomb. Once I detonate it, I'm shit cause I only got that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0smo View Post
    took me 5 mins

logged in, zoned, flew up a bit, sat myself on a ledge, rolled a smoke, was still crumbling when it came.

have used it 3times orso. flying mounts are for pve-ers, who dont use them also.
    So your using ground mounts even outside arena/bgs? lmao

300 hours for a mount that share a skin with many other Cata dragons? really man? I understand the whole setting a goal to reach in a video game, but really man this is just a mount. There is no fun in camping in one spot in a game for 300 hours +It's like looking at a wall for 300 hours, a complete waste of time.

I'm not really jealous for the people that are gonna say that. I got my Icc drake quite early in Wrath, and have been using that. I no longer play wow, nor do i find those mounts any cool. I'm gonna wait for the Pandaria expansion to come out since hate cata.

Anyways, nice UI man.

Deleted
    Randomguy32 I can see your point however the whole buzz of NPC Scan going off while I was alt tabbed out of game playing Minecraft over at a mates house then going back in thinking it was a stupid bat and it wasn't made the 300+ hours worth it! I was shaking when I was fighting Aeonaxx, might sound stupid but its true as it took me 20 seconds to find the thing, I couldn't believe i'd snagged him It might share the same model as other cata drakes but it's the damn sexiest in my opinion Also to add in the 300 or so I camped him I had never seen the bat spawn at all! so that thing is more rare than Aeonaxx to me xD got the other Dragon a few times flying above though!

Thanks hehe I used SpartanUI for so long and got fed up, i needed a tidy interface, had it on my mates computer but got it set up at home now even better
    Last edited by mmocbb3b454b5d; 2011-08-06 at 06:03 PM.