Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I actually boosted for gold in 2s a few times in early wtlk lol ... used to charge 10k gold to get them to 1800.
    Now my in game economy relies on getting lucky with boe epics. :P

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AQrunnr View Post
    On my Arena Master main, Nyke. Don't be so arrogant. I would be 2.2k instead of 2k on my Rogue but my team cut our ratings hard by bringing in another member who was didn't have any experience. Then the healer left. Now i'm just sitting for a high conquest cap.
    But as you said, 2.2k isn't hard. So why are you only 2k on your rogue still?

Quote Originally Posted by summons inc View Post
    But as you said, 2.2k isn't hard. So why are you only 2k on your rogue still?
    so you just chose to not read what he said at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimla View Post
    so you just chose to not read what he said at all?
    This. Thank you, sir.

Likely story. People rarely focus on an alt in their sigs. I can name an arena master on my server and claim it's me too. Hooray internetz!
    I focus on my Rogue more now a days. Still consider my Hunter my main however. But apparently 2k means nothing anyway, right? Let's forget the fact I have an AM Hunter and focus just on my Rogue. Still 2K. Not far from 2.2K. Just don't have a dedicated team this late in the season. Troll me more.
    Big thanks to Shyama for the sig!

Meh - do what you have to do.

Two seasons ago when struggling to find partners (my first arena season), I offered to pay a friend of a friend gold for an 1800 carry to get weapons. They were keen to do it for 10K. We ended up getting to 2100 after a few sessions. They told me to keep my gold because they had fun and they weren't really carrying me. We ended up playing together for the rest of the season and hit 2300.

Quote Originally Posted by Papalenin View Post
    Likely story. People rarely focus on an alt in their sigs. I can name an arena master on my server and claim it's me too. Hooray internetz!
    Actually, for the longest time I had my priests armory in my sig even though my shaman had higher ratings, people do things for various reasons. Just because you don't do it, doesn't mean others don't.

Quote Originally Posted by AQrunnr View Post
    This. Thank you, sir.

I focus on my Rogue more now a days. Still consider my Hunter my main however. But apparently 2k means nothing anyway, right? Let's forget the fact I have an AM Hunter and focus just on my Rogue. Still 2K. Not far from 2.2K. Just don't have a dedicated team this late in the season. Troll me more.
    While i agree with most things you said. What do you mean "this late in the season". Isn't it like the fifth week?

Quote Originally Posted by Zartec View Post
    While i agree with most things you said. What do you mean "this late in the season". Isn't it like the fifth week?
    Something like that. Regardless, that's fairly late in terms of finding a team :-/ I've had shit luck thus far.

I can vouch that AQrunnr is Nyke from VeCo. he was GM of the best PvP guild on Alliance after Cata release.

-Jwälk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwalk View Post
    I can vouch that AQrunnr is Nyke from VeCo. he was GM of the best PvP guild on Alliance after Cata release.

-Jwälk
    This guy seems legit!

My arena main character is currently at 3150 rating, and I'm quite probably the best pvp'er in the world. Hands down! For real.

A wise man does at first, what a fool does at last.
    They both do the same thing, only at different times.

I can vouch that Devastathor's other character is at 3150 rating and is quite probably the best pvp'er in the world. Hands down! For real.
    He's also good looking and loaded with irl cash!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legitforreal View Post
    I can vouch that Devastathor's other character is at 3150 rating and is quite probably the best pvp'er in the world. Hands down! For real.
    lol'd .......

some people seem to think if they are a week late getting their weps they are stuffed . . . . just do low ratings 2s to cap out problem solved. I also have the issue of never getting decent teams, thats why my highest toon has only ever gotten to 1535 and only in 2s (no vent got someone from trade lol). Also in response to another poster, that why i put all my alts in my sig so if I claim to have something on an alt its already in my sig

All this talk about 2,2 being easy makes it feel like I suck donkey balls at PvP.
    Personally, the highest I've been was 1800 in 2v2 and that was only back when that stupid Prot-spec was best for healing Paladins or whatever, made me feel dirty.
    As for 3v3, I think my current 1650-ish is my highest ever. But haven't done that many matches yet.

I think WoW easy 2,2 is depends on what class and spec you are, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Being a paladin isn't holding you back man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    All this talk about 2,2 being easy makes it feel like I suck donkey balls at PvP.
    Personally, the highest I've been was 1800 in 2v2 and that was only back when that stupid Prot-spec was best for healing Paladins or whatever, made me feel dirty.
    As for 3v3, I think my current 1650-ish is my highest ever. But haven't done that many matches yet.

Yeah.. currently playing afflilock / resto druid in 2's and the amount we get killed by worse players is sickening. (Like DK / holy pally or hunter / rogue)

---------- Post added 2011-08-05 at 01:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by legitforreal View Post
    i can vouch that devastathor's other character is at 3150 rating and is quite probably the best pvp'er in the world. Hands down! For real.
    win! ........

There's a grp on my server that will boost you to 2.2k for only 30k gold and its legit. But I really don't understand people who pay for 2200 rating. It really isn't all that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Devastathor View Post
    My arena main character is currently at 3150 rating, and I'm quite probably the best pvp'er in the world. Hands down! For real.
    Look, I said it above and i'll say it again. Let's assume i'm only Silvanys, Rogue from Crushridge. I'm still at 2K. That wasn't hard and took me one night with a new comp. It also is only a leap away from 2.2K.

Let's get back on topic here.

If you're looking for a boost, I'd also try Tichondrius. They advertise it in Trade all day every day like it's no ones business.

5 weeks is a LOT of time when it comes to PvP gearing. People in 4/5 371 Vicious with S10 trinkets and 391 weapon isn't uncommon so someone just starting out has to farm BGs for ~15,000-20,000 honor to be able to compete in arena or rated BG's. I'm not saying it's hard just time consuming. The 358 craftables can fill in a few missing spots and help you with honor farming but are so far back in stats that they just can't compete with the 371+ gear.