10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day

Quick ret paladin question

okay, little backstory, VERY recently got my 2nd paladin (on a different server leveled with a friend) to 85 and have been doing ~15k dps off the bat, and have seen increases depending on the boss and which my gear getting a little better.
    now i have a question which would be better for pve dps?
    Jeklik's smasher or vicious gladiators bonegrinder?, bonegrinder gives me 18 str, 34.0 dps (100-150 more weapon damage) but i get 132 more mastery (reforged the crit on bonegrinder to mastery) with jekliks smasher, i know mastery is really good for ret, but i was wondering if the increased weapon damage would result in better damage then the 132 mastery since the mastery increases the damage of things that scale from weapon damage

As you said everything scales from weapon damage, you should aim to get the highest item level weapon which is 3.80 speed.

For instance the heroic 2handed axe from firelands is 3.60 speed with haste and mastery item level 391.
    The normal version of ragnaros' weapon is 384 ilvl but is 3.80 speed (and has 31more str) and because of the slower swings (and secondary stats and str) it's better.

so to answer your question; the pvp wep would be slightly better just because of the increased pure damage it does.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    As you said everything scales from weapon damage, you should aim to get the highest item level weapon which is 3.80 speed.

For instance the heroic 2handed axe from firelands is 3.60 speed with haste and mastery item level 391.
    The normal version of ragnaros' weapon is 384 ilvl but is 3.80 speed (and has 31more str) and because of the slower swings (and secondary stats and str) it's better.

so to answer your question; the pvp wep would be slightly better just because of the increased pure damage it does.
    thank you, i spent time calculating it myself realized its 3-5% more damage from the increased weapon damage and only 1.6% more from the mastery, also, could be general ret discussion thread