Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Majordomo Staghelm 10 HM

Hello everyone.
    Last night my raid fought Majorhomo.. Awesome encounter!
    My question as a Healer is, can I improve in any way? For me it seems as i could press much more healing them im actually doing.
    In the first few trys i sticked to non Smite spec, later i respecced for Smiteheal.
    Smiteheal works pretty fine during Catphase, and Skorpion in between, aswell.

I guess ill just post my Armory and WOL, i got no manaproblems. Best try about 35%.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...ses&boss=52571

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...ernus/advanced

And i'm sorry for my bad english, german, lazy person
    Propably you'll find anything to improve =) Thanks guys.

Deleted
    The Encounter isn't too hard in 10man mode with three heals. Just start with Cat, pop Bloodlust after first leap und burn like hell. Come together after 7th leap. Scorpion till 8-9th smash. Then handle orbs (burn your mana here!) and come together after like 5 leaps. Again Scorpion. Take 5-6 Smashes, spread out again. Now spread out again and take 7 leaps. Then again Scorpion with the Seeds. Spread out after 4-5 lashes (Spiritlinktotem is superstrong here). Now take 7 leaps of the cat. Scorpion agian. Should be pretty close to 0% right now. Spread out/come together at around 5% to save some time and after that loot it.
    The only trick is to use CDs during "high" adrenalinstacks of the scorpion (5+). Burn your Mana during Cat + Orbphase and Scorpion and regg during normal Catphase.
    Your heal seems to be okay, but your guild should try to increase Raid-DPS. You need something like 38k on 6 DPS to beat the berserktimer (always consider massiv DPS-loss with orbhandling).

Deleted
    'till now we handled the boss with Scorpionphase first. Taking up to ten of those smashes.
    First Cat phase is no problem at all, but next Scopion is more the problem... Still got cooldowns like Pally Aura, Shamy totem and for the next Scorpion again my CD and the CD of the Tank Paladin.
    Propably i will tell my raid to start like you told me this on Sunday Ty

We've had a lot of success with reducing our scorpion phases and keeping our cat phases long to maximize DPS and reduce the healing needed. With 3 Heals, we start Scorpion and always do 4 Scorpion - 7 Cat for the entire fight. Doing this, we're seeing kill times approaching the 8 minute mark, 2 minutes behind the enrage. This is a huge improvement over our first kill, where we would hold scorpions closer to 7 and ended up with a kill 4 secs before enrage. I highly recommend trying 4-7

Deleted
    Are u doing this 4-7 with 2 or 3 healers?

3 Healers. We're not doing anything fancy either, it's pretty much like normal mode.

It's worth noting that towards the very end of the fight, we'll usually get a 2nd set of Searing Seeds during a scorpion. We usually break this scorpion immediately to go into another cat phase, after which he should die shortly after.

And for the burning orb phase, we usually have a healer/ranged - ranged/ranged combo with another healer sitting on the second group to handle it.
    Last edited by Derishi; 2011-08-05 at 03:19 PM.

Hmmm, I'm just wondering, how does having a shorter scorpion phase help you with a whopping 2 minutes on enrage.

My guild tried it last night with 1T/3H, 4 ranged, 2 melee, doing it something like, 11-7-5-7-6-7-3-7-enrage, starting with scorpion and just going back and forth. We hit the enrage at around 2-3%, unfortunately I don't have the logs, but doing 4 scorpions only just blows my mind lol.
    Last edited by timoseewho; 2011-08-05 at 03:36 PM.

Well, the idea is that scorpion phase is always a DPS loss since you'll lose the buff from Flame Scythe. I'm sure it's not the only reason why our kill times have gone down a lot, but it's certainly helped. We'll run into an extra cat phase as I mentioned earlier, but we're still doing 100% increased damage by breaking that last scorpion before a scythe, so we maintain that high DPS and kill it quite quickly.

*Edit* Ajwon pretty much summed it up!
    Last edited by Derishi; 2011-08-05 at 03:37 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Hmmm, I'm just wondering, how does having a shorter scorpion phase help you with a whopping 2 minutes on enrage.
    bigger concentration uptime

Quote Originally Posted by Derishi View Post
    Well, the idea is that scorpion phase is always a DPS loss since you'll lose the buff from Flame Scythe. I'm sure it's not the only reason why our kill times have gone down a lot, but it's certainly helped. We'll run into an extra cat phase as I mentioned earlier, but we're still doing 100% increased damage by breaking that last scorpion before a scythe, so we maintain that high DPS and kill it quite quickly.
    How many melee DPS are you running with by the way?

We run with 2, a Fury Warrior and a Combat Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Derishi View Post
    We run with 2, a Fury Warrior and a Combat Rogue.
    Hm awesome, I might give it a shot with our guild then, I'll pitch it, but I just want to get the details straight if you don't mind!

Start with scorpion, go 4-7(scorpion-cat) throughout the fight, pop scorpion out of the second seeds immediately, keep going until boss dies.

OH, are you having anyone stand out during the scorpion phases at all?

And for the burning orb phase, we usually have a healer/ranged - ranged/ranged combo with another healer sitting on the second group to handle it.
    Other guilds can try what we do: Use a tank+1 melee handling one Orb. (Your lowest dps melee)

One of the easiest ways to wipe in the Burning Orb phase is the soakers getting pounced and dying as they run out with 3-4 stacks. The MT/melee never get pounced, meaning you can just concentrate on soaking one orb.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Other guilds can try what we do: Use a tank+1 melee handling one Orb. (Your lowest dps melee)

One of the easiest ways to wipe in the Burning Orb phase is the soakers getting pounced and dying as they run out with 3-4 stacks. The MT/melee never get pounced, meaning you can just concentrate on soaking one orb.
    Ah, that's a really good idea! My only concern would be if the orbs are really far apart that the other orb set would be out of range of Staghelm, but it's definitely something I'd like to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Hm awesome, I might give it a shot with our guild then, I'll pitch it, but I just want to get the details straight if you don't mind!

Start with scorpion, go 4-7(scorpion-cat) throughout the fight, pop scorpion out of the second seeds immediately, keep going until boss dies.

OH, are you having anyone stand out during the scorpion phases at all?
    We have 3? DPS standing out on the very first scorpion phase; our Mage, Rogue, and Warrior. After that, we all stack for scorpion (save for people running out with seeds)

Ah, that's a really good idea! My only concern would be if the orbs are really far apart that the other orb set would be out of range of Staghelm,
    Dont worry, you can soak the orbs from really far away.

If your DPS is good, the Orbs should spawn when Fandral is ~25-33% health. Just remember that if a tank soaks an orb he might move the boss out of the central positioning used for the first 7 minutes of the fight. That's no big deal, just stack up afterwards no matter where the tank dragged him. The next (fourth) scorpion phase only has a couple of Scythes before you spread back out again anyway.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2011-08-05 at 04:08 PM.

@Derishi, do you happen to have logs of your 8 min kill attempt? I just wanna have an idea at how much DPS your guys are pulling.

I don't actually, I herped when we killed Beth'tilac and relogged to update WoWProgress, forgetting to turn the combat log back on.

Here is a 9:11 kill from last week; not the best of kills, but illustrates our strategy still.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wh...s=9461&e=10013

Any guilds 2-healed this? Which healers did you use?

Do the orbs hit notably harder in hard mode as compared to normal?

We have yet to attempt 'Domo on heroic. On our normal kills, we go with a 13-7-7 - we haven't seen the orbs since the first night we worked on him as he usually dies before they come up. I'm wondering if we should change around our strat so we can practice for them, and how they'll compare to the real thing.