Demonology Priority Action List For Simcraft

I've had a few people asking me privately what the simcraft priority list looks like if you want to simulate a Felguard Demon Soul pre-pull and then leave the Felhunter in for the duration of the fight. I'm posting it publicly so those of you that want to compare it in simulated movement encounters can see the gain over the hard pet summon. Just a quick note, this is a racially sensitive priority list. You'll need to change or remove 'actions+=/blood_fury' to accommodate your race's abilities. Drop in a 'actions+=/use_item,name=your_gloves_name' just below the /use_item=moonwell_chalice if you're an engineer.

actions=flask,type=draconic_mind
    actions+=/food,type=seafood_magnifique_feast
    actions+=/fel_armor
    actions+=/summon_felguard,if=!in_combat
    actions+=/dark_intent
    actions+=/soulburn,if=!in_combat
    actions+=/snapshot_stats
    actions+=/use_item,name=moonwell_chalice,if=cooldown.metamorphosis.remains=0|cooldown.metamorphosis. remains>cooldown
    actions+=/volcanic_potion,if=buff.metamorphosis.up|!in_combat
    actions+=/metamorphosis,if=buff.moonwell_chalice.up
    actions+=/blood_fury,if=buff.metamorphosis.up
    actions+=/demon_soul,if=buff.metamorphosis.up
    actions+=/summon_doomguard,if=time>10
    actions+=/felguard:felstorm
    actions+=/soulburn,if=pet.felguard.active&!pet.felguard.dot.felstorm.ticking
    actions+=/summon_felhunter,if=!pet.felguard.dot.felstorm.ticking&pet.felguard.active
    actions+=/immolation_aura,if=buff.metamorphosis.remains>10
    actions+=/immolate,if=!ticking&target.time_to_die>=4&miss_react
    actions+=/hand_of_guldan
    actions+=/bane_of_doom,if=(!ticking&target.time_to_die>=15&miss_react&cooldown.demon_soul.remains>30 )|(buff.metamorphosis.up&target.time_to_die>=15&miss_react&cooldown.metamorphosis.remains> 177)
    actions+=/corruption,if=(remains<tick_time|!ticking)&target.time_to_die>=6&miss_react
    actions+=/shadowflame
    actions+=/shadow_bolt,if=buff.shadow_trance.react
    actions+=/incinerate,if=buff.molten_core.react
    actions+=/soul_fire,if=buff.decimation.up
    actions+=/life_tap,if=mana_pct<=30&buff.bloodlust.down&buff.metamorphosis.down&buff.demon_soul_felgu ard.down
    actions+=/shadow_bolt
    actions+=/life_tap,moving=1,if=mana_pct<80&mana_pct<target.health_pct
    actions+=/fel_flame,moving=1
    actions+=/life_tap

Should be good for 1500-2500 dps when you're simulating movement.
    Last edited by Jahrastafari; 2011-08-06 at 01:56 PM.

Thanks for this. Is there a way to tell it to immediately refresh your dots (hand of gul'dan as soon as it can) if you meta + demon soul: felhunter. Pretty sure that would increase dps, especially on movement. Sorry if it does already do this and I didn't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Stridulent View Post
    Thanks for this. Is there a way to tell it to immediately refresh your dots (hand of gul'dan as soon as it can) if you meta + demon soul: felhunter. Pretty sure that would increase dps, especially on movement. Sorry if it does already do this and I didn't notice.
    Doesn't, but I can type up something and see if there's any success.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    Thanks. Will be interesting to see. I think I'd prioritize it Hand of Gul'dan -> Doom -> Corruption for the refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stridulent View Post
    Thanks. Will be interesting to see. I think I'd prioritize it Hand of Gul'dan -> Doom -> Corruption for the refreshing.
    Currently is.

actions+=/hand_of_guldan
    actions+=/bane_of_doom,if=!ticking&target.time_to_die>=15&miss_react&cooldown.demon_soul.remains>30
    actions+=/corruption,if=(remains<tick_time|!ticking)&target.time_to_die>=6&miss_react

---------- Post added 2011-08-05 at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    actions+=/bane_of_doom,if=(!ticking&target.time_to_die>=15&miss_react&cooldown.demon_soul.remains>30 )|(buff.metamorphosis.up&target.time_to_die>=15&miss_react&cooldown.metamorphosis.remains> 177)

Bane of Doom, DPET:115174 DPS: 2483 DPS%7.9 T-Hit:29481T-Crit:61646 Inteval:45.69sec Count:9.8 Uptime:95.7%

vs

actions+=/bane_of_doom,if=!ticking&target.time_to_die>=15&miss_react&cooldown.demon_soul.remains>30

Bane of Doom, DPET:11144 DPS: 2302 DPS%7.6 T-Hit:27382 T-Crit:57608 Inteval:61.15sec Count:7.6 Uptime:95.3%

It's was a 70 dps gain for me(50 dps gain T12-H BiS) to refresh BoD early in Metamorphosis

10,000 iterations, 450s fight, 20% variable, mastery-heavy setup, Patchwerk (no movement) and no in-combat hard pet swap.

HoG should be used immediately on cooldown, so there's no reason to change anything, and Corrpution will be getting refreshed at least once during Meta no matter how you slice it. They shouldn't need any changes in their simulation.
    Last edited by Jahrastafari; 2011-08-06 at 02:20 AM.

You realise it would have been way easier to just use:

That will force the game to start with a felguard without adding even more ridiculous conditions to the end of the line. It would also make sense to remove one of the demon soul lines and both of the pet conditions, they're totally redundant. You're checking for pets, but it's impossible to even cast demon soul without a pet so it's a total waste of time.

It's not like your priority list doesn't work, it's just wasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbt View Post
    You realise it would have been way easier to just use:

That will force the game to start with a felguard without adding even more ridiculous conditions to the end of the line. It would also make sense to remove one of the demon soul lines and both of the pet conditions, they're totally redundant. You're checking for pets, but it's impossible to even cast demon soul without a pet so it's a total waste of time.

It's not like your priority list doesn't work, it's just wasteful.
    Yup, they don't make adifference in the end result, but I suppose it's not the neatest way to leave it. They were a good point of reflection when I was changing things. Suppose I can clean them up for the sake of OCD and readability.