So do ineed to watch raid videos if I never raided before, Tanking only.

So I play a prot pally and my item lvl is 359 I am told I geared to raid now but I dont know, My friend says I should watch the fights and that I should start out with bot and bwd. What are your guys thoughts and is tanking a raid hard to do.

If your iLvL is 359, wouldn't you have already done BOT/BWD a few times..?

Quote Originally Posted by vikus View Post
    If your iLvL is 359, wouldn't you have already done BOT/BWD a few times..?
    Not when JPs award itm lvl 359 items now

I would say 'yes' to get to know the jist of the fights. Ultimatly your raid leader is going to be dishing out your group's strat.
    Being clueless before hand is not a great way to go up to a boss and start smacking it when you are supose to be doing something else (adds, boss specific mechanics, etc).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazysmacker View Post
    I would say 'yes' to get to know the jist of the fights. Ultimatly your raid leader is going to be dishing out your group's strat.
    Being clueless before hand is not a great way to go up to a boss and start smacking it when you are supose to be doing something else (adds, boss specific mechanics, etc).
    Gotta agree here, it's always best to go in with some kinda idea than no idea at all.

Deleted
    That depends on who you are raiding with.

I've seen plenty of puggers in pugs not knowing what comes, in that case, don't watch videos.

If you are in a raiding guild which wants you to come prepared including to know what mechanics there are (that can be learned from reading the DUNGEON JOURNAL INGAME), or also how you are expected handle these mechanisms (talking to people about the tactics or a video make a good basics).

It is also the input you are willing to give. I personally can't stand screwing up myself. Just because I don't reconize or noticed an animation what got me or the raid killed because of a stupid move I did. I am not willing to put 9 or 24 other people through my noobishness while I might have been able to avoid it by preparing myself by watching vids.
    But hey, that's me!
    I am currently in a guild which have an interesting approach to raiding. No videos or pre made tactics. We go in our selves and experience what goes good and more importantly what goes bad. So we understand WHY it is important to do a certain tactic. I must say I like it!

If you were about to pick a fight with a dragon irl, and someone offered to let you watch a movie before hand that would give you a stratagy that would allow you to beat it, would you watch that movie?

I know i would.

The biggest thing to raiding is know YOUR role in the fight, if your a quick learner, watching a video shouldnt be required, the dungeon guide along with a good raid leader should be good. Even if you watch the video and memorize every little thing, Nothings better then acually doing the fight.

BoT and BwD are a great place to start, the week 4.2 hit i decided to try to pug it with my pally who hit 85 4 days prior and managed to one shot most bosses with an average group, Granted iv been raid leading for a while and know how to get raids done =P

just PLEASE dont be like those people who go into a fight completly blind and dont even bother to ask whats going on. Raiding without knowing any of the bosses is fine, as long as you ask someone your role.