Thread: 3DS Worth It?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

3DS Worth It?

Was wondering if the the Nintendo 3DS due to price drops is now worth it? (even though it was worth it before the drop) because I have been wanting to get one for a long time but never had the money.
    Hey everyone

You kinda answered your own question there. Yes it is worth it. There are a good amount of games coming out in the next few months, which is the main reason the 3DS "wasn't worth it" before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got one recently b/c of the price drop and I think it's worth it somewhat. Wish I had more games though(the e-shop does have some nice games though). You should probably wait a bit for some better games to come out but in the end it's your choice.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    I just got one recently b/c of the price drop and I think it's worth it somewhat. Wish I had more games though(the e-shop does have some nice games though). You should probably wait a bit for some better games to come out but in the end it's your choice.
    What e-games does it have?
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Mostly stuff that was available on the DSi + Virtual Console. I've only seen like 3 3d games.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    -Everything you could get on DSi
    -GB and GBC games
    -Some 3D games, including some NES games in 3d (theres a free pokedex 3D ap)
    -if you have a DSi you can transfer your games over
    -Theres a Nintendo Video service which will let you view 3D videos on your 3DS (4 on your system at a time)
    -You can download some trailers for upcoming games
    - Netflix

Oh and Zelda Four Swords is going to be downloadable for free in September.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzlegear View Post
    -Everything you could get on DSi
    -GB and GBC games
    -Some 3D games, including some NES games in 3d (theres a free pokedex 3D ap)
    -if you have a DSi you can transfer your games over
    -Theres a Nintendo Video service which will let you view 3D videos on your 3DS (4 on your system at a time)
    -You can download some trailers for upcoming games
    - Netflix

Oh and Zelda Four Swords is going to be downloadable for free in September.
    What he said(he knows more than me :P)

I'd wait for Playstation Vita.

Is it worth it?

Doesn't nintendo only have 4 major titles? Pokémon, zelda, mario and metroid prime? Which are always the same game with a different skin, look, pokémon etc.

If you enjoy these games multiple times over then yes, it's very worth it. Also it's a new thing so expect lots of decent titles to hit it.

Also, re-reading this it sounded negative. I got one the, and I'm being super serious, minute it came out. and i've loved it since.

Quote Originally Posted by Amurith View Post
    Is it worth it?

Doesn't nintendo only have 4 major titles? Pokémon, zelda, mario and metroid prime? Which are always the same game with a different skin, look, pokémon etc.

If you enjoy these games multiple times over then yes, it's very worth it. Also it's a new thing so expect lots of decent titles to hit it.

Also, re-reading this it sounded negative. I got one the, and I'm being super serious, minute it came out. and i've loved it since.
    Star Fox, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing, Smash Bros 3DS (<- Is a while away, but still) and thats just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzlegear View Post
    Star Fox, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing, Smash Bros 3DS (<- Is a while away, but still) and thats just to name a few.
    True. I was shooting for the ones anyone could name. Everyones heard of pokemon, mario and zelda. Metroid prime.. maybe not so much. And being a nintendo fan i know of these, i was being general.

God i can't wait for smash bros 3DS, will be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Amurith View Post
    God i can't wait for smash bros 3DS, will be awesome!
    Same here, Kid Icarus needs to get finished so Smash Bros development can be begin!

With BlazBlue, Cave Story, Shin Megami Tensei, Kingdom Hearts and Tales of the Abyss (and the mentioned Kid Icarus and Starfox) I think it could be a really nice chrismas present for myself. ^^
    For now there is just Zelda (atleast for me) so I'll wait and play my old games instead.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe when they finally release decent games for the 3DS it will be worth it, but right now the system is a total joke. The only great game for it is Ocarina and if you want to play Ocarina why wouldn't you bust out a 64 and play it on a huge tv screen instead of struggling to see it in the much, much smaller 3d screen of the 3DS?

It's worth it just based off of the new Kingdom Hearts game coming out for it.

I got mine for free, delivery driver left it on the doorstep without a signature. I didn't receive it and cancelled my order in protest. I would deffo say it's worth it just for all the awesome titles they are remaking specifically for the 3ds, some great games for when your out and about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    I got mine for free, delivery driver left it on the doorstep without a signature. I didn't receive it and cancelled my order in protest. I would deffo say it's worth it just for all the awesome titles they are remaking specifically for the 3ds, some great games for when your out and about.
    Why do i always get the smart delivery drivers ?

10+ Year Old Account
    i saw some kinda shooting game for 3ds not to long ago looked like BF:BC with a diff name

Are the pokemon, megaman, super mario bro, sonic, metroid and zelda games on the nintendo market? If I were to buy a DS, it'd be for all of those.
    Last edited by conqq; 2011-08-18 at 01:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping it'll go down in price one more time and then I want it.

I'm so excited to play some new Nintendo games. I'd rather play them on the Wii (Wii U actually), but well... what can you do? I don't think we'll be able to pirate 3DS games. Or maybe we will, no idea.

Before people get butthurt, I had a DS of my own that I paid for, and paid a lot of games for it. The DS was then old, and broken, and I got the games on my computer so I could still play them.