Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How can i quit WoW at this point?

My friends and I have been playing WoW since Vanilla, and we joined a guild together. We are still in this guild on the same realm raiding with the same group of people. The WoW has become a regular part of my daily routine, and i have grown attached to my Character. I have grown to the point where i still enjoy the game, but i don't want to play anymore mainly because it sucks up all of my time. How can i leave the people that i have known through so many things?

Guide to quit wow: Step1: delete all gear, give away all gold. Step 2: Delete all toons. Step 3: Uinstall wow. Step 4: Cancel wow sub. Step 5: Profit!

Stop acting like a little girl, and just quit, its quite easy to do.

Ok to be real. Find another activety other then wow BEFORE you quit, otherwise you'll have lots of free time, and you'll eventually come back. Best tip i can give you. A new game or a new irl hobby.

Make a point to not play for a whole week.
    You have the internal fortitude to do this. After a week you will see just how boring things are in wow nowadays and how much you can accomplish without it.
    Highly skilled sharpshooter, effective against air units. Can gain the Long Rifles upgrade.

All good things must come to an end.

I'm playing Dragon Nest...its pretty fun.
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quite simple: Install cataclysm, Profit

Delete all your chars and uninstall wow and possibly find a different game to make a hobby out of so you arent going cold turkey.

Deleted
    You don't need to do something radical like deleting all your toons and gear, that's just a waste. It's not hard, just don't play for a bit. Most likely you need a bit of time doing other stuff, you might find yourself coming back after a few weeks/months reinvigorated and better able to balance WoW/other stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your enjoying something, its not a waste of time.

Try and sell your account (crime!!! i know :O!!) - then you can't possible go back!

wow is quittable. but u gotta cut it off cold turkey altogether. Including coming to sites like these. Because youll see a new content patch or news youll think u might enjoy and boom ur right back where you are less richer.

Get a hobby/ gf/ car to fix up , hell even a new game. Might i suggest Galaga... I hold the record on the machine at my laundromat. just forget about wow. Move on. You'll find other things to do and you'll just get into a routine where wow just doesnt even cross ur mind and ur fine.

But honestly sounds like you don't wanna quit. You dont have to at all. You need to learn moderation my friend. Set parental controls and set up a set amount of playtime. make a schedule and stick with it. Its just your responsibility to moderate your time on wow, and your addiction. so just take the game in moderate amount and dont plop down for 8 ro so hours doing nothing. 3-6 hours is even a huge amount of time but when your enjoying tiem with friends time slips away

why would you wanna quit if you enjoy the people you play with? just... minimize your playtime if you are having it consume to much of your free time. attend 50-75% of raids, stop leveling alts and raiding with them, stop achievement grinding, and just play when you play with your mates :3

Well if time is the issue, try the parental controls to slowly reduce your time to the essential (raiding). If the problem also is that you won't talk to the people you play with when you quit, there are plenty enough ways to reach people through the internet besides wow. Send them a singing telegram imo.

As to completely quitting the game, most of the time I quit the game because it is incredibly borring eventually once you try out the interesting stuff. I do not know how people who play from vanilla to today haven't taken a 1-2 year break at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    As has been said, just find something else to do and before long you'll realize you don't have all that much desire to log on to WoW. When I quit, I didn't even consciously say "I'm quitting WoW," I just gradually stopped playing because I found other things to do and didn't feel like logging on. Now I haven't played (apart from logging in to say hello to some people when I got 7 days free game time) since the middle of March and I don't miss it a bit. It's not as hard as you think.

edit: And before anyone asks, I just hang around here for the off-topic forums since they're pretty fast-moving and have a decent community.
    Last edited by Enders; 2011-08-06 at 07:54 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple. You do it.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Randomguy32 View Post
    Guide to quit wow: Step1: delete all gear, give away all gold. Step 2: Delete all toons. Step 3: Uinstall wow. Step 4: Cancel wow sub. Step 5: Profit!

Stop acting like a little girl, and just quit, its quite easy to do.

Ok to be real. Find another activety other then wow BEFORE you quit, otherwise you'll have lots of free time, and you'll eventually come back. Best tip i can give you. A new game or a new irl hobby.
    Pretty much, the only reason I deleted all I had was to make sure if something new comes along I got nothing to fall back on if I wanted to resub, thus I have no reason to resub.

People should stop acting like stopping with WoW is hard..

Deleted
    Its easy: Log onto your battle.net account and cancel your subscription.

Find something else to do with your time/money.

Join a Gym using the WoW money, and exercise instead (I do this). Go to concerts with friends. If you still want to game, but spend less time and do it on your schedule, spend the $15 a month on steam sales instead. Take up a hobby (personally, I brew my own beer).

The above are just some examples, there are lots of things you can do.

The question you have to ask yourself is what do you want to do? You have to be able to think of something, nobody knows yourself better than you do!

Deleted
    you need to find something outside of WoW to occupy your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnx014 View Post
    My friends and I have been playing WoW since Vanilla, and we joined a guild together. We are still in this guild on the same realm raiding with the same group of people. The WoW has become a regular part of my daily routine, and i have grown attached to my Character. I have grown to the point where i still enjoy the game, but i don't want to play anymore mainly because it sucks up all of my time. How can i leave the people that i have known through so many things?
    People above are heartless bastards. First step should be to get other methods of keeping in contact with your current WoW friends. Facebook/Google+/Messenger/Steam. Then make a quit date, cancel your sub and pick up a new activity. I stopped raiding around the time of the Steam sale, so I got lots of games to play there. Other computer games are easier to play in shorter stints, which takes up less time.

If you want to stay quit, you should try avoiding mmo-c too, it'll make you want to play.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source