Tool for "unhittable" protection paladins?

Hey,
    like most other paladin tanks raiding T12 content, I'm also at the point where block capping is becoming rather normal. It's great and all, however it gets rather annoying to reforge half of the gear after every up-/sidegrade to get back to the 102.4% including buff food / raid buffs.

This is why I'm wondering if there is any tool around (basically something like wowreforge or ShadowCraft for rogues or something along those lines) which is designed to bring you to 102.4% the best way possible with reforges/gems while accounting for raid buffs/food.

Thanks in advance

I am a troll, ignore me.
    Last edited by Fiddlesnarf; 2011-08-07 at 01:06 PM.

Great answer, honestly. I'm sure that you do know with common sense how much avoidance gets changed with changing 57 mastery into dodge/parry or the other way around for every single different value which is present on the gear. If you do, good for you. I honestly don't which is why I have to try around with different options to get as close to 102.4% as possible.

I'm looking for something which eliminates the trial & error process, not for common sense.

http://chardev.org/?planner
    there you can adjust your gear/gems, with according raid buffs. If you want it automatically done for you i would suggest askmrrobot.com, but i dont know if you can adjust that one as much.

Deleted
    It's very common amongst damage dealers that they have to change lots of gem choices and reforges when getting an upgrade. This is especially for trinkets with insane amounts of hit and expertise. So i guess you'll just have to stick with chardev and figure out the best way yourself and do it on live then.

Deleted
    Try to play around with the ctc-preset of askmrrobot.
    I cannot test it myself at the moment, but on a quick glance it should be sufficient for your interest.

Deleted
    Hmm, well the following macro will give you your current %

/run DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance() +5))

I don't know of any tool that will automatically calculate your reforging and give you the best possible min-max though. Best to work backwards I suppose .. reforge full to mastery, check your % as above and then unreforge some dodge/parry while trying to keep your ratings equal.

Quote Originally Posted by ewoods973 View Post
    http://chardev.org/?planner
    there you can adjust your gear/gems, with according raid buffs. If you want it automatically done for you i would suggest askmrrobot.com, but i dont know if you can adjust that one as much.
    Unless they updated it, block is all messed up and it's not even worth using since they numbers are randomly off.

I would do as the poster above reckoned: reforge new items to mastery. See how many points you are over the cap (or under), and get out a piece of paper and a pencil and see how you can juggle your reforging around to accomodate. Don't forget the 225+90 mastery from the elixir and the buff food - maybe try the 90 dodge or parry food if you need to get a small amount (0.3-0.4%) of avoidance and don't forget to get a strength buff and use blessing of kings.

If you have the ability/knowledge then you could make yourself a spreadsheet. The various formulas you would require are available in many places, so there no real reason you couldn't tie it all together.

Unless you are VERY good you couldn't have any sort of optimisation function, but you could manually play around to get the numbers you need before going ahead and making the changes in-game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    <snip>
    to get a strength buff and use blessing of kings.
    550*1.05(kings)*0.27=155.9 extra parry rating from stre buff in raids.

also consider if you have the cap and can drop 225 mastery and stil have the cap you can now use the flask of stamina instead of burning exixirs each fight and stil be ctc covered. which for us is 450+20%(touched by the light + plate spec)+5% kings = 567 stamina*14 = 7938 hp.