Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Power Aura not showing icon - holy priest

So ive just made some power aura's for my new holy priest alt, and they all seem to work except one.

When im in Chakra: Serenity it wont show the icon for "Holy Word: Serenity". This is the aura:

Version:4.21; buffname:Holy Word: Serenity; x:73; bufftype:15; alpha:0.5; owntex:true; exact:true; size:0.26; y:-170; inverse:true

It just shows up as a "question mark icon".

I actually got a few problems with the auras showing "Holy Word: Serenity" and "Holy Word: Sanctuary" - they seem to mix up the icons alot.

-------

BTW I also made the same aura for "Prayer of Mending" and "Circle of Healing" and they work fine. Auras here:

Version:4.21; icon:Spell_Holy_PrayerOfMendingtga; buffname:Prayer of Mending; bufftype:15; alpha:0.5; owntex:true; size:0.26; y:-170; texmode:2; inverse:true

Version:4.21; icon:Spell_Holy_CircleOfRenewal; buffname:Circle of Healing; x:-73; bufftype:15; alpha:0.5; owntex:true; size:0.26; y:-170; texmode:2; inverse:true

Which i just copied and changed the buff to "Holy Word: Serenity". But it doesnt work

--------

This is what i get when i choose "Debug this aura":

Active= false
    Showing= true
    HideRequest= true
    ====SPELL COOLDOWN====
    Spell=Holy Word: Serenity
    spellName=Holy Word: Serenity spellId=
    spellIcon=
    SetIcon texturePath=nil IconIsRequired=true
    cdstart= 0 duration= 0 enabled= 1
    globalCD=false
    SHOW!!
    ShouldShow result=true inv=true rev=
    reason=Spell Holy Word: Serenity usable
    shouldShow=false because Spell Holy Word: Serenity usable (inverted)
    HideAura Holy Word: Serenity (11) Spell Holy Word: Serenity usable (inverted)
    SetAuraHideRequest Holy Word: Serenity
    Hide Requested for 11
    Stop current animations 11
    Play end animation 11
    Last edited by Muliercula; 2011-08-07 at 07:16 PM.

Im sorry but you are gonna have to explain that abit more.

I but the spell ID where? Where i normally type the name of the spell or..?

Deleted
    Yup, you replace the spell name with the spell ID. Meorawr, I guess it messes up because the actual spell changes (same shens we had with macros in early 4.0)?

Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    .. or you can check "Custom Texture" at the top of the editor and use the spell ID as the texture, which will make it use the correct icon.
    Checking "custom texture" and typing 226 in the small box didnt work. 226 was what i found on wowhead. This was in the state "Chakra Sanctuary" and i was trying to track the spell "Holy Word: Sanctuary".
    Last edited by Muliercula; 2011-08-08 at 05:39 PM.

Okay please bare with me now. Ive been using power aura for years, but now im officially lost

I check "action usable" and "custom texture" and then i type [88684] where?

- the box below "action usable" doesnt give any icon with 888684 or [88684]
    - the box below that box made the hole aura dissapear O.o
    - the box in the top can only contain 3 numbers so i guess it wasnt that box

Okay this is what i get: http://i.imgur.com/EwPnn.jpg - and that looks fine....

BUT when i close power aura, this is what i get: http://i.imgur.com/GLLsg.jpg

The aura is gone...
    Last edited by Muliercula; 2011-08-08 at 06:33 PM.

God i feel so stupid. Changed Chakra and it seems to work (meaning that the icon is NOT showing when im in a diff chakra with a diff Holy Word spell).

So the last question is: where did you find the spell ID? wowhead?

Ye just figured that out. Now i got a new problem with timer not showing when i use the spell, but i have a raid in 10m and it might just be me missing something. Ill leave it for now, and return after raid if the problem persists.

btw

Thx for the help!

Just finished raid, relogged my priest and the timer doesnt work. It goes of when the spell is ready instead of when the spell is on cd. Here is the export:

Version:4.21; icon:spell_holy_persuitofjustice; buffname:Holy Word: Serenity; x:73; customname:[88684]; bufftype:7; alpha:1; exact:true; customtex:true; size:0.26; y:-170; texmode:2; timer.b:0.2196; timer.g:0; timer.h:2; timer.Texture:OCR; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.y:-170; timer.x:73; timer.Transparent:true; timer.UseOwnColor:true; timer.ShowActivation:true

---------- Post added 2011-08-08 at 10:51 PM ----------

Just went to mcd to get a burger and clear my mind. Found the problem.

---------- Post added 2011-08-08 at 11:06 PM ----------

Okay uhm.. The icon's for Holy Word: Serenity and Holy Word: Sanctuary still mix up.
    Gonna export the 2 auras so you can see that i did excetly what you told me:

Holy Word: Serenity:
    Version:4.21; icon:spell_holy_persuitofjustice; buffname:Holy Word: Serenity; x:73; customname:[88684]; bufftype:7; alpha:1; exact:true; customtex:true; size:0.26; y:-170; texmode:2; timer.b:0.2196; timer.g:0; timer.h:2; timer.Texture:OCR; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.y:-170; timer.x:73; timer.Transparent:true; timer.UseOwnColor:true

Holy Word: Sanctuary:
    Version:4.21; icon:Spell_Holy_DivineProvidence; buffname:Holy Word: Sanctuary; x:73; customname:[88685]; bufftype:7; alpha:1; exact:true; customtex:true; size:0.26; y:-170; texmode:2; timer.b:0.1098; timer.g:0; timer.h:2; timer.Texture:OCR; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.y:-170; timer.x:73; timer.Transparent:true; timer.UseOwnColor:true

--------------

Funny thing is they DONT mix up when i remove the timer.. Any suggestions?

---------

A more FUNNY thing is - THEY mix up again... Even with the timer turned off..
    Last edited by Muliercula; 2011-08-08 at 11:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Word: Sanctuary
    Code:
    Version:4.21; icon:Spell_Holy_DivineProvidence; buffname:Holy Word: Sanctuary; x:-151; bufftype:7; owntex:true; combat:true; size:0.17; y:-249; texmode:2

Holy Word: Serenity
    Code:
    Version:4.21; icon:spell_holy_persuitofjustice; buffname:Holy Word: Serenity; x:-151; bufftype:7; owntex:true; combat:true; size:0.17; y:-249; texmode:2

those are the one's that work for me all the time, they've never fucked up. The settings are actually the same exact settings people have suggested you use, except I don't put the Spell ID in, just the actual name.

If you want a cooldown timer like say.. the cooldown on my Chakra power aura, that's where it gets tricky. I just don't have a timer and power aura for those two and instead the icon just pops back up when its ready.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-08-09 at 12:55 PM.
    [/CENTER]

Action Usable:

Version:4.22; icon:spell_holy_persuitofjustice; buffname:Holy Word: Serenity; x:73; customname:[88684]; bufftype:7; alpha:1; exact:true; customtex:true; size:0.26; y:-170; texmode:2

and

Version:4.22; icon:Spell_Holy_DivineProvidence; buffname:Holy Word: Sanctuary; x:73; customname:[88685]; bufftype:7; alpha:1; exact:true; customtex:true; size:0.26; y:-170; texmode:2

- These two aura icon's mix up if either "Holy Word: Sanctuary" spell or "Holy Word: Serenity" spell is on CD when I change Chakra. Can be fixed with /reload ui.

Spell Cooldown:

Version:4.22; icon:spell_holy_persuitofjustice; buffname:[88684]; customname:[88684]; bufftype:15; exact:true; customtex:true

and

Version:4.22; icon:Spell_Holy_DivineProvidence; buffname:[88685]; customname:[88685]; bufftype:15; exact:true; customtex:true

- Those two aura's seem to overlap eachother no matter what spell is on CD or what Chakra im in.

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 02:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ODDLAWL View Post
    Holy Word: Sanctuary
    Code:
    Version:4.21; icon:Spell_Holy_DivineProvidence; buffname:Holy Word: Sanctuary; x:-151; bufftype:7; owntex:true; combat:true; size:0.17; y:-249; texmode:2
    Holy Word: Serenity
    Code:
    Version:4.21; icon:spell_holy_persuitofjustice; buffname:Holy Word: Serenity; x:-151; bufftype:7; owntex:true; combat:true; size:0.17; y:-249; texmode:2
    Didnt know if I could import the aura's since there has been an update to PA, but I looked at your settings and copied them.

Code:
    Version:4.22; icon:Spell_Holy_DivineProvidence; buffname:Holy Word: Sanctuary; x:-156; bufftype:7; owntex:true
    and

Code:
    Version:4.22; icon:spell_holy_persuitofjustice; buffname:Holy Word: Serenity; x:113; bufftype:7; owntex:true
    Holy Word: Sanctuary aura shows up when im NOT in a Chakra, and when im in either Chakra BOTH aura's shows up.

No news or suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    I can't suggest/fix anything unless I roll a priest, which is going to be mildly difficult right now. I could hope premades come up on the PTR but unless I'm really lucky, they either won't or they will but a million xxarthasdk's will make premades and spend the entire testing phase doing ICC runs/duels outside Org and clog the queue up.
    Ill cross my fingers then, hopeing ull get a toon on PTR Call it xxhealorzxx

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm it really is weird that they don't work. I mean if you think about it, Holy Word: Sanctuary isn't supposed to work if you're not in a Chakra because holy words aren't usable if you're not in the respective Chakra.

Did you use Action Usable instead of spell cooldown? Spell timers through power auras for both of those holy words don't work. At least when I tried it just wasn't working at all, so I settled with just having the icons pop up when they're ready.

I'll keep trying to figure out what's wrong with your power auras though. I can't think of a reason however D:.
    [/CENTER]

Ive tried both - Action Usable and Spell Cooldown. Also tried inverting Action Usable. What ive found working is just typing "Holy Word" in the box - then it shows the icon for Holy Word: Chatise, no matter what Chakra im in. Not optimal, but atleast this seems like the best solution for me.