Holy Stat Priorities

So recently i applied to a realitivly high end raiding guild, 1/7 HM 25. They declined me because "i wasn't up to date with 4.2 priests" considering my gear and reforges and what not. Is this person talking out of their behind or are they correct. Here is my armory, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...thric/advanced . Also she stated that the WOL i provided proved that i wasn't healing up to my potential, http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...?s=9338&e=9704 . Am i crazy or is she right? Please post any criticism you see fit!

EDIT, i don't know why the armory is showing that my back and dagger are un enchanted, but they are and that wasn't a problem in the app, they saw my gear in game.
    Last edited by Guthric; 2011-08-09 at 11:05 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're missing two enchants, which to me is a big negative. >.>

But, what they're talking about is your distinct lack of haste. At the very minimum, you should have 12.5%. I'm not sure the other haste plateaus, but that much is basically a given. You're also not using renew at all. It's a really powerful spell, and you just have to recognize where it's useful.

Your spec has a wasted point in Desperate Prayer. I loved having it for a while, but it's just not worth it. The points are better spent elsewhere. Also, why not pick up Spirit of Redemption? Deaths happen. It's a super nice buffer to give time for your brez to be organized.

Edit: Just realized I logged in pretty gear. I'll log out in my normal holy gear so you can take a look. (Click the sig for armory.)

A lot of this stuff is answered in my guide! http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ng-Guide-(4.2)
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    I agree with the enchants. It's been 3 weeks for your dagger and maybe more for your back.
    For the rest I don't really ...

they're probably commenting on your gear more than anything, if you were super serious about your priest you'd have almost all your vp buys by now.

Stat priority? It's still debatable, even moreso for holy than disc. Once again it comes down to composition. If you've been turned down because of your reforge, just take it as a hint that you don't fit in with them and move on. I wouldn't be too disappointed, personally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    I suspect you will need to copy/paste that a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    I suspect you will need to copy/paste that a lot!
    As do I :P
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Nothing wrong with picking up Desperate Prayer.

Having only 2/3 points in Twin Disciples on the other hand screams baddy, I'd reject you on that alone
    Your combat regen is a bit low for holy going into FL heroics, a non-spirit neck in your gear isn't a good idea. I'd recommend the Tsunami deck, it's great for Holy even at the FL level.
    Raid buffed, you're at 14.55% haste and Mastery heavy which is fine in my book but rolling with two resto druids, haste heavy may be better. But considering your regen, that isn't optimal.

The overall number of times you've used Binding Heal and Renew are far too low.

Most importantly, your highest HPS spike on all bosses barely hit 10,000 which is quite low for holy. You should be nailing double that during your HPS spikes, especially in 25 man.
    Last edited by Themos; 2011-08-09 at 04:02 PM.

I go all haste for 25mans. Mastery is nice, but on fights like heroic Beth where you need to get people healed up FAST, mastery ticks won't cut it.

---------- Post added 2011-08-09 at 11:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post

Having only 2/3 points in Twin Disciples on the other hand screams baddy, I'd reject you on that alone
    Your combat regen is a bit low for holy going into FL heroics, a non-spirit neck in your gear isn't a good idea. I'd recommend the Tsunami deck, it's great for Holy even at the FL level.
    Raid buffed, you're at 14.55% haste and Mastery heavy which is fine in my book but rolling with two resto druids, haste heavy may be better. But considering your regen, that isn't optimal.

Most importantly, your highest HPS spike on all bosses barely hit 10,000 which is quite low for holy. You should be nailing double that during your HPS spikes, especially in 25 man.
    I don't use binding heal too much in 25. I renew only when I am trying to conserve mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post

thanks! good help here guys, thanks a lot