Deleted

Building whole new computer mostly for WoW. ~800-900 euros budget.

Hello and first of all, I'm aware this is a redundant question where people want advices on building setups, hopefully some of you guys find fun in it

A little background, I mostly play WoW only and my current setup is the one I've used for more than 1 year.
    I play at around 20 fps in fair quality only in raids and I kinda just wanna push it to be able to play in ultra settings in raids and still have decent fps. (no need for maxed shadows)

I'm not playing much other games, except a little bit of SC2, so I'm looking for something that's decent enough but not overkill.
    I'm a complete noob when it comes at understanding hardware so it's likely that I went overboard with it.

In short, I'm trying to build something that will run WoW smooth on ultra in raids or with huge population in SW/Org.
    If I can run recent games decently that'd be cool but I don't need the top of the top at all.

Atm I'm thinking of :

motherboard : P8P67
    cpu : i5-2500
    ram : 2x4Gb corsair 1600
    graphic card : HD 6950
    HDD WGreen 2Tb
    SDD 120 GB

I haven't looked at box, cooling/fan, power supply at all.
    Budget is 800-900 euros but of course if it can be cheaper, that won't be bad neither (that's actually the point of that post )
    I don't need keyboard, mouse, monitor (using a LG Flatron 22" atm) or W7 ilcence neither.
    edit : forgot to say country is France.

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by mmocc33a597a2d; 2011-08-08 at 01:38 AM.

Getting the i5-2500k so you can overclock would help a lot for wow since it's cpu-dependent.
    You can save some money on the graphics card by just getting the 6870. Even a 5770 is enough to run wow in ultra.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well for that price you look at something like this.

I5 2500K (Should be great for your use)
    ASUS Maximus gene-z (Its like his big brother features the same for smaller price it can run sli if needed and its high quality)
    4GB G.skill Ripjaws/Corsair Vengeance (1600mhz) (Both are the same quality you need to buy LOW profile one if your using a big CPU fan)
    Corsair 650w HX (Enough for 2 560/6950 for high end cards in sli/cf i would suggest a 750-850)
    Gtx 560 ti DS (Any Gtx 560 ti will do here Best ones are the MSI:Hawk or the Evga: DS SC)
    1TB Spinpoint f3 (Well good price/performance rating almost as fast as the WD BC ones)
    Hyper 212+ (Enough till around 4.5 Ghz after that you need a better one: Thermalright silver arrow/Noctua Nh-d14)
    CM 690 ii Advanced (Good case not to much styling can run 2x240 rad if needed)

(Took all those prices from my (EU)shop you should be around 800 Euro)

For wow that will last some time even for newer games it should last you up to 2 years.
    Last edited by Aminozuur; 2011-08-08 at 08:37 AM.
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    Getting the i5-2500k so you can overclock would help a lot for wow since it's cpu-dependent.
    This was true for the C2Quads and up till the first-gen i5/i7's. But with an i5 2500...the realistic FPS difference between 3.7ghz (turbo) and e.g. 4.8ghz (nice fat overclock) is almost nothing as far as WoW is concerned. The new architecture of these CPU's and their raw horsepower means that WoW simply doesn't know what to do with even TWO of the cores going at turbo let alone four. I can't get more than 60% overall usage out of my CPU even during intense 25mans.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    This was true for the C2Quads and up till the first-gen i5/i7's. But with an i5 2500...the realistic FPS difference between 3.7ghz (turbo) and e.g. 4.8ghz (nice fat overclock) is almost nothing as far as WoW is concerned. The new architecture of these CPU's and their raw horsepower means that WoW simply doesn't know what to do with even TWO of the cores going at turbo let alone four. I can't get more than 60% overall usage out of my CPU even during intense 25mans.
    There is difference, not a theory.