Deleted

Ventrilo plugin for grid

Hello ladies and gents,

I'm a healing priest in a 25man raiding guild. During raids people shout for grips or shields and I have issues recalling every single voice in the raid. If there was some sort of plugin for grid to see who's currently talking, that would be extremely helpful. Has anybody heard of a plugin/addon that could fulfill that task?

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    That would mean an external application mingliing with WoW which, I believe, is against the EULA. So, I don't think so.

What Parhelia is saying is probably true. I think you just should tell your guildies to tell you their name when they want grip like "Grip Kardin" instead of "Grip me"

Deleted
    Ventrilo has an overlay you can setup through settings-overlay to show who's currently talking that you can position anywhere in your screen.

To have it linked up to grid there'd need to be a way for the WoW addon to know which character is which Ventrilo user. This could work if you can tempt the rest of your raid to isntall it as well.

Ask if they could add their name and class to the request until you get used to who is who. I also don't think there's a plugin like that..

Deleted
    I just use the vent overlay and tell people to get vent names that match their character name. I've learnt most peoples voices in my 10m guild, but it is quite nice for random rated bgs, where people are unknown.

Deleted
    Seems like the addon used above uses some kind of library that does the key tracking (checks for the ventrilo PTT key being down, the API can do that). You could probably make a grid plugin out of that.

While it is not possible for addons to interact with external applications, they can monitor keypresses.
    There has been an addon which would monitor a specified key which you use as the push to talk key for a voice communication and announce via the addon channel that you are talking, and when you stop talking by letting go of the key.
    Anyone else also using the addon would see such an announcement.
    It is certainly doable that a grid plugin could be written to do that, but would require everyone in the raid to be using it.

NVM Treeston beat me to it.

I use a G15 keyboard, and on the display it shows who's speaking in ventrilo.