Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Longest freefall in history of WoW.

Today on my Death knight freezinrain- stormrage I found a glitch in uldum that allowed me to fly up in the air infinitly. I had a freefall of 11 minutes when i dismounted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got me! I thought it was another one of "those" threads.

Deleted
    That's a good time invested mr 1 post.

Do you have a video, or screen shots?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    That's a good time invested mr 1 post.
    Well you have to start somewhere, I've seen worse posts for #1

Deleted
    So if I do the same on my mage, and use slowfall and repop it every time it finishes, I would beat your record with easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Nheo View Post
    So if I do the same on my mage, and use slowfall and repop it every time it finishes, I would beat your record with easy!
    You'd fall asleep mid-way . It'd be like 2 hours :O

Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    You'd fall asleep mid-way . It'd be like 2 hours :O
    Ive tried it and you cant play WoW in your sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    The best DPS meter i had in my life is when i passed out and hit my head on teh KB. Go Go arcane.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Nheo View Post
    not sure u could count that as a "free fall"

You'd be surprised at what you can do while asleep.

>_>

Quote Originally Posted by Askdabunny View Post
    Today on my Death knight freezinrain- stormrage I found a glitch in uldum that allowed me to fly up in the air infinitly. I had a freefall of 11 minutes when i dismounted.
    Not to be a doubter, but 11 minutes seems a tad bit much. Pretty sure the world is designed with an invisible ceiling that you would run into LONG before you ever got high enough to fall for 11 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynistra View Post
    Well.. i couldnt farm Shen'dralar while asleep even after 300+ runs awake.
    Woke up in the same place.
    Not impressed

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Not to be a doubter, but 11 minutes seems a tad bit much. Pretty sure the world is designed with an invisible ceiling that you would run into LONG before you ever got high enough to fall for 11 minutes.
    he said the game glitched that probably why regularly you fall for around 15-20 sec max with the invisible cieling

Deleted
    Well.. i couldnt farm Shen'dralar while asleep even after 300+ runs awake.
    Woke up in the same place.
    Not impressed
    EH MEH GAOD ETZ SANGUINE!1
    Hai.
    Btw, OP, where in Uldum was this? Would love to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Askdabunny View Post
    i dont mean to burst your bubble, but i have used the same glitch in Uldum and done the same thing, however...i took the time to fly over the ceiling of wow to mount hyjal, while flying up all the time, when i got over the world tree i then taped my space bar down and started playing another game with my gf. when i came back it had been just over 45 minutes of flying straight up (on a 310 speed with guild perk if that changes it).

I then dismounted and dropped. it was over a 25 minute fall >_<; HOWEVER! i happened to notice when i first started seeing the world tree come into view. Just so you all know :P it actually has a full top. not just a cut off like wow trees back in the day.

P.S. for anyone wondering...go fly to the top of the throne of four winds, and land on the very top (need to be on a smaller mount to get on the very top), then dismount, and mount on something like a proto drake and hit space, TADA! you are above the roof :P

thats my toon just above the top of the world tree
    Last edited by zackorion15; 2011-08-08 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    EH MEH GAOD ETZ SANGUINE!1
    Hai.
    Btw, OP, where in Uldum was this? Would love to try it out.
    Roflwhut. Its Evela

Quote Originally Posted by Vynistra View Post

>_>
    I've been told I fart a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in BC/WotLK, me and my friends in a group of ~5 would go north of moonglade on the coast where it showed everyone as in an "unknown" zone.
    We had a warlock put up a summoning stone, throw everyone a summon even though we were already there.
    Then the mage put up a portal to Shattrath, we took it, mounted on our flying mounts, took our summons back, then we flew up in the old world. We went up for ~10-15 minutes on our first try (if you left the unknown zone you dismounted I think) to try to slowfall to Mount Hyjal. I think we undershot it by a little, so we did it again and went for about 20 minutes and then we overshot it by a long shot and landed in Un'goro Crater

Yeah that's why i call it a glitch. I found a way to pass that celling and it really is 11 minutes. Ok you got me 10 minutes 58 seconds i timed it.