Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Profession Selling

Hey

Just curious on what people think about people getting all the mats together and then selling them as a bundle.... I'm just about finished my 1st bundle(tailoring). And i'm curious to see if anyone here would buy these sorts of things??? since you can get 1-525 Crafting Profession in a couple of hours.....

Thoughts?
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

It's something that I would probably buy if I needed it.

mm its more aimed at the people who have just finished a alt and want their profs on them.... i hated leveling my alts profs.... i only have 1 to go and go figure its tailoring.....
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."

General George S Patton

I've have planned to do similar for Inscription and Alchemy, but my laziness does not allow me to do such things.
    I've seen this happen in the past and people will buy the bundle if the price is right. You could start of with an high amount of gold like 25k or something and then lower it untill someone gets interested.

Did this in WotLK a few times, sold everything needed for alchemy (specialization not included!) in a bundle. Made some nice moolah.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

yeah well im thinking of doing alch but my alts guild bank isnt allowing me yet.... too much of my random crap.... anyways.... 2nd question if you all please.... How much would you people be willing to spend of a thing such as this....

Tailoring?
    Enchanting?
    Alchmey?
    Leatherworking?
    Blacksmithing?

Now im going 2 try and make resonable prices for my time n effort + a lil something on the side.... so hows 15-20k sound??? that sound like resonable prices?

General George S Patton

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    i did this in LK with JC, farmed everything so it would be pure profit. got about 20k for it

"Sa souvr'aya niende misain ye."

Quote Originally Posted by Dravidor View Post
    i did this in LK with JC, farmed everything so it would be pure profit. got about 20k for it
    yeah going 2 be selfish on this one and not make a jc one.... my main is a jc and its where i make my cash... lol

General George S Patton

Honestly, i don't see how such a thing could work.

Why would someone pay for that while they can just go to the AH, spend 3 minutes, and buy everything ? Sure, they could be interrested in it if your price was lower than what they are gooing to pay on AH, but then why would you do that instead of selling all of that on AH yourself, for more profit ?

The only time such a thing could work, is on a very low pop server, when it's impossible to get all the mats from AH at one time.. but less people on a server also mean less potential buyer, on a thing that only a minority could be interrested..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TypicalGoblin View Post
    Honestly, i don't see how such a thing could work.

Why would someone pay for that while they can just go to the AH, spend 3 minutes, and buy everything ? Sure, they could be interrested in it if your price was lower than what they are gooing to pay on AH, but then why would you do that instead of selling all of that on AH yourself, for more profit ?

The only time such a thing could work, is on a very low pop server, when it's impossible to get all the mats from AH at one time.. but less people on a server also mean less potential buyer, on a thing that only a minority could be interrested..
    Not only on a low pop server. Even on middle to high pop servers, i would be very surprised to find all the mats needed in the timespan of 1-2 days for a reasonable amount of gold. Sure most of the time you can get some mats for a good price, but not in the quantities you need to level a profession.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    Not only on a low pop server. Even on middle to high pop servers, i would be very surprised to find all the mats needed in the timespan of 1-2 days for a reasonable amount of gold. Sure most of the time you can get some mats for a good price, but not in the quantities you need to level a profession.
    I see, maybe my servers have a too high population then, cuz all the time i powerleveled a profession, it had more than enough on AH. (My horde server range from "high" to "full", and my alliance server is always "high")

If your server doesn't have load of every raw mats on AH, it could be an excelent idea to try it then

It could be worth A LOT if you find players that are willing to buy it. Tailoring and Blacksmithing most of all probably.

Edit: and enchanting.

So the big problem will be: Finding the players.

Nobody will think "hmm i want to powerlevel this, so i'm gonna wait until someone offer to sell all the mats on the trade channel". Finding a player that has skill 1 and have to gold to top it to 525 will be also pretty hard.

Try to separate your prices by skill range.

X gold for 1-525
    Y gold for 300-525
    Z gold for 450-525

That way you'll also get money from those you are already at 1+X skill.. most of them will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd buy it in a second, if I was sure I'd get 1-525 and not get stuck somewhere.

Ive had experience doing this, On destromath ive sold 13 eng (55k each) ,25jc(47keach),8bs(39keach),11tailor(41keach),well over 30 alch(75keach) all (1-525) and atm working on my stockpiles again its a very profitable business if yer server has the money and the alts..

Deleted
    Yeah,very kind smart people you got on your servers.On mine....

<HandsomeGuy> Selling mats and intructions for 1-525 alchemy/inscription
    <RandomGuy> 4k gold
    <HG> .....
    <RG2> 5k
    <HG> .............
    <RG3> 2.5k
    <HG> ...........¿???=!!!!
    <RG4> I only have 900 gold (Note: its always nice to know how much money people has.The thing is...why the fuck should i care about that).
    <HandsomeGuy> Gentlemen,I must point your attention that the mats themselves are over 20k gold current AH price(as of ..NOW)
    <RG2> Shut up noob I can get that for 2 k gold
    <RG8> LOL noob....you cant powerlevel for 4k g ( Note:WTF? just the outland herbs -expensive- cost that)
    <HG> Soo RG2....you can get it for 2k but you offered 5k...a very kind person.
    <RG4> I only have 800 gold (Note:great...an update.Thank you very much...i will ask you again in 5 min).
    <RG7> 2k gold
    <HG> Man...did you even read the general?
    <RG7> 2k gold
    <HG> Not accepting offers below 20k (youll understand im not gonna lose money)
    <RG2> 4 k
    <HG> .....I said no to 5k 2 mins ago RG2
    <RG2> Yeah but you dont sell it...you got to lower the price.
    <RG4> I only have 820 gold

/handsome guy head explodes and he starts running headless with foam in his (inexistent) mouth.

True story 'bro.

Warned be you my friend.This a glimpse in your future is.....

I'm on one of the lowest pop servers in US and I powerleveled BS for 4-5k. I did end up farming for one or two types of ore I was missing, but still I would never spend anything more than 5k on powerleveling a profession. If you can get people to do that then kudos to you.

well ill b going from the wow-profession website and going by their mats... i used them to level my profs and i normally got 1-2 levels extra on a couple things... so in some cases there might b mats left over for wat ever reasons

General George S Patton

You can check Warcraft Professional Calculator for prices from AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Mordret View Post
    You can check Warcraft Professional Calculator for prices from AH.
    I'm gonna assume they haven't imported the new AH API yet because all the professions on my realm - Detheroc (Horde) come up as 0s to level up and I know a "few" of the mats are up on the AH.