Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by lollze View Post
    Dubs are the cancer of anime. One that I'd like to see purged rather soon.
    How exactly is translating anime and shipping it to US/Wherever a cancer to anime? Wouldn't it, you know-- be the exact opposite?

AAH! I just started watching FMA: Brotherhood. I've seen the Non-Brotherhood version, and absolutely loved it. If Brotherhood is as good as they say it is...I don't even know. lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    How exactly is translating anime and shipping it to US/Wherever a cancer to anime? Wouldn't it, you know-- be the exact opposite?
    Maybe he means dubs are capable of releasing signals that promote the formation of blood vessels.

I saw the first anime (the one different to the manga), watched the movie, then watched brotherhood, all of them japanese subbed. Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuved em all. A lot.

Roy <3333

Watched both FMA and Brotherhood. Brotherhood wins, but I enjoyed both.

Also, I'm one of those guys who can't stand dubs. I've heard some of them, like DBZ and Naruto in English... holy cow, that's bad.
    For FMA, it might be fine, but for a lot of anime, it just feels wrong. A lot of jokes just get lost in the dubbing, for example.

I'm a very relaxed person when it comes to my entertainment, so I can tolerate some dips in quality if it allows me to focus on the action and get immersed in the story rather than reading line after line of text.

That said, I wish I had never seen Brotherhood. Why? Because it was so good, I want to be able to watch it again and be just as astonished as I was the first time.

---------- Post added 2011-08-19 at 02:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Polution93 View Post
    AAH! I just started watching FMA: Brotherhood. I've seen the Non-Brotherhood version, and absolutely loved it. If Brotherhood is as good as they say it is...I don't even know. lmao
    FMA was great. FMA: Brotherhood is better. Hands down. Just stick with it past the first 12 episodes or so, that's when the great stuff starts.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

FMA:Brotherhood is easily my favourite Anime. I had watched original FMA years ago but i must say Brotherhood had a much MUCH better storyline.

I watched all the Dubbed Episodes as I could, as I despise Subs (would rather watch the action than read) but i got to episode 58 and ran out of dubs, so bit the bullet and watched the last 6 in Subs.

SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

I prefer the Brotherhood storyline/ending over the original anime Tenfold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    yeah the manga started after the first animated series had been finished. so you can kinda call it the "origial" series to FMA.
    well its really well done and somehow it makes me believe in all of those guys actions, while usually im getting confused about some decisions(unlogical or simply stupid decisions like the well known "deathtrap" for the hero whos gonna survive it anyways~~, bullet to the eyes and its over scumbag villain!).

so yeah, its really cool hehe!
    What? the Manga came first then the Anime. The first Anime followed some of the Manga until episode 25ish, then, went into its own messed up story because, the Manga still had along way to go before finishing. This happens to lots of Anime that goes faster then the Manga, Inuyasha is an example of this, which is why most Animes has fillers. Botherhood is the true Anime because it follows the Manga like they intended for it in the first place.
    Last edited by Dramoc; 2011-08-19 at 03:09 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look up Metastisizing =D

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Also, I'm one of those guys who can't stand dubs. I've heard some of them, like DBZ and Naruto in English... holy cow, that's bad...A lot of jokes just get lost in the dubbing, for example.
    I haven't seen Naruto much but I thought DBZ's dubbing was one of the better ones out there; it's more the lack of great dialogue than poor voice acting. Also when I rewatched over this summer I noticed there were a lot of jokes and comments that were actually masterfully translated. Like once when Vegeta is lamenting that Goku had surpassed him, he comments that "This pauper has become a prince." Now, unless there were a nearly identical idiom in Japanese, that's actually a pretty intelligent translation of the sentiment.

Not that I disagree with you that something is often lost in translation, it's just that it's the voices more than any inferiority of the dubs to subs that I think ruin the experience. It's harder to tell if a Japanese voice actor is mediocre than an English one, and also since the anime industry is larger than our dubbing industry you tend not to hear the same voices as much (vs. recognizing the same Funimation employee in eight different series).

Quote Originally Posted by Tserrof View Post
    Look up Metastisizing =D
    Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Romeo X Juliet, and plenty others that are as good, if not better than the original.

*EDIT* All I'm getting is a tumor? O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    may i suggest Baccano is a 13 episode show with a few extra they added but werent that great its a short series but i rlly liked it

15+ Year Old Account
    Dubbed anime. Every single one I have seen sounded horrible to my ear. I guess this is one of those things you can't argue about. When dubbing it's inevitable that the quality of acting will drop. I simply think voice acting is a lot bigger business in Japan and voice actors are more professional in most cases. When anime is shipped to other country the big bosses treat it like cartoon. They hire second rate voice actors as they think voice acting is not a big deal when target group is mainly kids who don't care about the quality of acting. Sounds rude towards professional voice actors outside Japan but that is my opinion.

To continue above post about Baccano!. If you liked it you should really check Durarara!!. It's from same studio and what I've read if you liked one of them you most likely will like the other one too (seen Durarara!! myself).
    Last edited by Drifted; 2011-08-19 at 03:22 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

*EDIT* All I'm getting is a tumor? O_o
    It's when a disease such as cancer spreads to another part of the body; in the case of cancer usually by chunks of the original tumor breaking off and being carried around. So the joke being that dubbed anime is spreading to other continents (although that implies Japan is a giant tumor?!?). <--new anime plot, right there.