Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Deathwings lair to outlands?

*This is speculation, please don't bring your notions about how it will never be whatever and blizz won't blah blah blah*

So me and a friend (Phasma) were looking into recent speculation as we usually do, and came across something interesting.

We noticed a "water mark" (yes, they've been there for as long as Outland has been out, and it could just be a graphic) texture off the east side of outlands (circled in red) here:

http://imageshack.us/f/825/wowscrnshot080811234919.jpg/

Maybe it's our minds wanting to think something is there, but it looks like an island of some sort (circled in white) surrounded by smoke, or some sort of gas.

Put against this map we've found (note the island east of Hellfire and the Dark Portal):

http://www.wowpedia.org/Fileraenor_map.jpg?c=1

You can read about this here:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Deathwing's_Lair

It seems to us that there might be a good indication that Deathwing might be encountered in either an outlands raid or possibly a CoT raid. Again, this is speculation, we aren't claiming this as fact. What are your thoughts?

Edit:
    This is apparently from WC3, but I'm not going to claim it as fact because I cannot source it to anything canon.

http://i37.servimg.com/u/f37/15/77/57/02/wc3scr10.jpg

Seems to be a whole continent East of Deathwings Lair. Was it destroyed or perhaps it's still there waiting to be discovered?

Edit²:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/maeric/236004964/lightbox/

Was able to find a map of outlands from 2006 and it seems to be there, but with minor differences, and an odd town(which could just be a glitch.)

Screenshot credit goes to Maeric
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/maeric/page2/

Edit³:
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/-BQcOHtADEqI/RiZNQnnsmXI/AAAAAAAAAA4/hFxVlSS_3XM/outland-map.jpg

(this might be "artist" fan work or just a random Oultand map, but the part behind the traced in Outland is from the real map that you can see on your map in game, it's just possible to zoom in closer.) I've found a map from the Chinese(Japanese?) version of TBC that is a lot more clear with the so called landmasses. For people that aren't aware of them, there seems to be some east of Hellfire, West of Zangarmarsh, South and South East of Shadowmoon(Towards the corner of the map), East of Netherstorm, North of blades Edge and Southwest of Nagrand. Basically it's like "outland" is the center of a bigger landmass. or possible floating above another "outland". Although, again, it can just be a watermark or mark for "the nether"
    Last edited by Baykin1298; 2011-08-12 at 03:43 AM.

Deleted
    "The only way to stop Deathwing is to go back in time and make sure he was never born"-kind of raid? I could see it happening.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's an interesting find! :P Never seen that map before. Tbh, I have no idea where the final(?) fight would take place.. Deepholme is an awesome zone and it wouldn't make sense if it didn't get to be used once more. Though how and why DW would return there doesn't make sense. And the speculated raid in the clouds doesn't make much sense either..

So yeah. "Secret" lair in Outlands sounds possible! :P Though it would have to be in the present time, not past. I've killed many squirrels in COT and no paradox has occurred.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

interesting and nice research finding this. would be funto have a reason to go back to outlands again

"In Beyond the Dark Portal, Deathwing's Lair was never mentioned nor visited, the battle where Deathwing was defeated occurring instead in the Blade's Edge Mountains near Gruul's Lair, and Gruul himself took part in the fight. Not only this, but the reason for attacking Deathwing was not to rescue Kudran Wildhammer, but to retrieve the Skull of Gul'dan which Deathwing had taken. Given this, it is likely Deathwing's Lair has been retconned out of existance, or at the very least any important battle taking place upon it. " - WoWPedia
    Last edited by Tabu34; 2011-08-09 at 04:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Casual/hardcore and skill/noskill are not related.
    You can casually raid a couple short nights per week, and if you are skilled, you will clear that content eventually.
    Or you can bang your head on it every night for 5 hours straight and eventually you will clear it even with crap for skills.

Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenFrodo View Post
    "The only way to stop Deathwing is to go back in time and make sure he was never born"-kind of raid? I could see it happening.
    The bronze dragonflight would never allow it. They protect the flow of time from being altered, so they wouldn't allow it to be altered by us.

The thing that made me think the most is: I played actively throughout BC and I NEVER saw this. And, believe me, I used this map a lot. What's more important: the "Draenormap" is quite old and had been center of speculation for quite a long time. If you discovered this recently it could mean they'd tampered with the map in order to prepare a forthcoming patch.

Or it had been there for ages and i haven't seen it at all. Or just don't remember seeing it.

BUT: the most logical thing would be to trave back in time and defeat whatever is deceiving Deathwing (you can't kill a whole aspect, can you?). This would be clearly a cavern of time-thingy. Especially since Nozze got quite the nice model in the last patch (and Kalecgos not...).
    So no need for an outlandraid at this point.

Haha, wow. nice find. wouldn't mind it being there.

Quote Originally Posted by TenDance View Post
    The thing that made me think the most is: I played actively throughout BC and I NEVER saw this.
    I thought the same thing when I saw it. Maybe I just didn't look hard enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TenDance View Post
    The thing that made me think the most is: I played actively throughout BC and I NEVER saw this. And, believe me, I used this map a lot. What's more important: the "Draenormap" is quite old and had been center of speculation for quite a long time. If you discovered this recently it could mean they'd tampered with the map in order to prepare a forthcoming patch.

Or it had been there for ages and i haven't seen it at all. Or just don't remember seeing it.

BUT: the most logical thing would be to trave back in time and defeat whatever is deceiving Deathwing (you can't kill a whole aspect, can you?). This would be clearly a cavern of time-thingy. Especially since Nozze got quite the nice model in the last patch (and Kalecgos not...).
    So no need for an outlandraid at this point.
    Iv'e been looking for Outlands maps from 2007 and before, I've found the same one with the same water mark, but I think it may have been shaped a tad different. I agree with you though, somethings are in plain sight and we look right over them.

There is no reason for Deathwing to go back to Outland. He wants to destroy Azeroth. He can't exactly do that from Outland.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It been there in WC2

Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    There is no reason for Deathwing to go back to Outland. He wants to destroy Azeroth. He can't exactly do that from Outland.
    If he destroys Azeroth, wouldn't he destroy himself if he was near it?

Deathwing used to have a lair in outlands. He's on Azeroth now.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Paigeyotto View Post
    The bronze dragonflight would never allow it. They protect the flow of time from being altered, so they wouldn't allow it to be altered by us.
    (THIS MAY BE SPOILER AS THE BOOK IS RELATIVELY NEW)

"In Christie Golden's newest novel, Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects, Nozdormu himself reveals he is the creator and leader of the Infinite to Thrall and the entire Bronze Dragonflight. He goes on the state that in a branching future, he becomes the "Master" spoken of by many Infinite agents."

So I guess the Bronze dragonflight will have some difficulty from preventing alterations from occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenFrodo View Post
    That would create a paradox resulting in the Cataclysm never happening. Or an alternate reality.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are we sure that he wants to destroy Azeroth? I mean, isn't he insane? And why wouldn't he go to Outland? He used to lair there...

All I know for sure is this, insane dragons, even aspects, are still insane...

....You do know what Azeroth is, right?

Because there isn't a huge fucking portal between Hellfire and Blasted Lands, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    If he destroys Azeroth, wouldn't he destroy himself if he was near it?
    I kinda see Deathwing as a suicide bomber. I mean, once he is done, what does he do?