Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest1987 View Post
    I would think about SSD disc. Have one on my own 40GB on Windows and other one standard Caviar 160GB it really improves game loading.
    if i order one, will it be automatically setup by the company or is it something i have to config dude?

---------- Post added 2011-08-09 at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gandilf View Post
    I was just wondering what you're going to use that PC for?....

As had been said by others. Go with the i5-2500k instead. It's cheaper and in some cases overtakes the 2600k in games.
    mentioned by a previous poster, will games in the next 1-2 years start using the features of an i7? im prob gonna (downgrade?) to an i5 based on the advice here and use some of that extra money for the SSD.

Gz on your new rig btw!

From what I can tell you set it up pretty much like a normal hdd but they just don't have as much capacity as most hdds. You just put your OS and whatever programs you want to run faster on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    God damn. After seeing all this SSD stuff I want one my own. D:

At the moment I have two 10'000rpm Barracudas with 300GB each running in RAID-0. It's pretty decent, but nowhere near as an SSD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothias View Post
    mentioned by a previous poster, will games in the next 1-2 years start using the features of an i7? im prob gonna (downgrade?) to an i5 based on the advice here and use some of that extra money for the SSD.
    Well, there is talk that BF3 can utilize hyper-threading. Supreme Commander 2 was also supposed to be able to utilize up to 8 (?) cores and Microsoft Flight Simulator X can utilize up to 6 cores.

There are very few games that actually use more than 2 cores AFAIK, because they want to release games that people can actually play on a dual-core. Expect 4-core to become standard before 8 core does.

Deleted
    Swap the core i7 out with the core i5 2500(k) it will run just as good, or even better in some games.

4gb ram is plenty for gameing, some choose 8gb, because it is dirt cheap or for "future proofing"

Also since you dont have a small ssd, and you wont need the intergrated graphics on the cpu you could downgrade to a p67 mobo. fx "asus p8p67 pro"

If you are only gameing on 1 monitor, a gtx 580 is overkill, a 570/560ti will run everything today.
    - You wanna stick with MSI twin fozzr's gtx 570/560Ti.

Also Samsung spinpoint F3 is a cheaper and better harddrive but it only comes in 1tb and 2tb versions if i am not mistaken.

No mather if you choose this or your current build, both will destroy every game you'll throw at it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1 View Post
    If you are only gameing on 1 monitor, a gtx 580 is overkill
    This is complete and utter bullshit. It all depends what games you are playing, and you have no idea if OP will play future games that will require a strong GPU (e.g. Battlefield 3). A 560 is "overkill" for World of Warcraft. A 8800 was "overkill" for CS. A 580 is most certainly NOT be "overkill" for upcoming games like Skyrim, Battlefield 3 and so on.

Investing in a computer for future reference isn't a waste at all, especially since the 580 has dipped in price substantially the last months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1 View Post

No mather if you choose this or your current build, both will destroy every game you'll throw at it
    thats what i was hoping for...

---------- Post added 2011-08-09 at 01:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    This is complete and utter bullshit. It all depends what games you are playing, and you have no idea if OP will play future games that will require a strong GPU (e.g. Battlefield 3). A 560 is "overkill" for World of Warcraft. A 8800 was "overkill" for CS. A 580 is most certainly NOT be "overkill" for upcoming games like Skyrim, Battlefield 3 and so on.

Investing in a computer for future reference isn't a waste at all, especially since the 580 has dipped in price substantially the last months.
    Yea, im looking at smashing D3, skyrim, deus ex and witcher 2 all at top spec as well as being able to run future games easily.

When i bought my 8800 4-5 years ago it was top of the line, but can barley hold up these days on anything newish...so its definitely a rig for the future as well as the now!