Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anabolic Steroids

After reading some of the comments in the Zyzz thread (RIP), it made me realize that many people are completely uneducated about steroids. Steroids merely increase the effects of hormones like testosterone, which allow muscle growth. People seem to think that taking steroids = instant muscles. Wrong. Body builders who take steroids are still animals. They have more will power than you, they can endure more pain than you, they are more focused than you. You scoff at their physiques, but then you go look in the mirror at your flabby self and wonder why you can't look like a Greek statue. It's because you don't have the heart to get up at 6am and squat.

This thread is mainly directed at the Zyzz haters, so if you could keep the flames in this thread, that would be great.

Deleted
    This doesn't make for a good topic of discussion, it's basically you expressing you discontent with others over a disagreement of opinion.

The Greek ideal included an evenly distributed amount of fat in the tens precent range. The majority of body-builders (as far as I've seen) and this Zyzz, did not have that. They and the Greek ideal shouldn't be compared, they are different ideals.

It's more of me defending this guy who isn't getting the respect he deserves. Also, not really sure what you're talking about with all this ideal stuff. We're talking about aesthetics in general here. Something that is pleasing to look at.

Deleted
    I have no problem whatsoever with muscled people, and I admit that I would like to be a bit more muscled myself (though not nearly as muscled as that Zyzz guy). But there's a difference between being muscled and being muscled and thinking you can take on the world. Sure I only saw 1 video of him, but if that's the way he wanted to be remembered, I rather not remember him at all. I didn't even know who he was before the thread so not much has changed.

Apart from the fact that saunas terrify me.

p.s. Did it ever occur to you that some people really don't want to be that Greek statue?
    p.p.s. Brad Pitt in Fight Club would be like, the maximum of muscled that I would ever want to be.

There's no reason to take steroids. There's also no reason to be big, being big won't save you in a fight. They can't endure more pain than anyone else either. I speak out of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I have no problem whatsoever with muscled people, and I admit that I would like to be a bit more muscled myself (though not nearly as muscled as that Zyzz guy). But there's a difference between being muscled and being muscled and thinking you can take on the world. Sure I only saw 1 video of him, but if that's the way he wanted to be remembered, I rather not remember him at all. I didn't even know who he was before the thread so not much has changed.

p.s. Did it ever occur to you that some people really don't want to be that Greek statue?
    p.p.s. Brad Pitt in Fight Club would be like, the maximum of muscled that I would ever want to be.
    Haha. Why would you say, ok I only want some muscles but not really a lot, but not too little. That's not realistic at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    It's more of me defending this guy who isn't getting the respect he deserves. Also, not really sure what you're talking about with all this ideal stuff. We're talking about aesthetics in general here. Something that is pleasing to look at.
    Body builders are hardly pleasing to look at. They usually build so much muscle that they look deformed. I mean hell, they can't even tuck their arms at their sides.
    That's not what people who want to be fit should strive for.

Deleted
    They have more will power than you, they can endure more pain than you, they are more focused than you. You scoff at their physiques, but then you go look in the mirror at your flabby self and wonder why you can't look like a Greek statue. It's because you don't have the heart to get up at 6am and squat.
    To be completely honest this makes your entire argument invalid imo, if your a fan of this guy then attacking anyone who disagrees with your opinion of him by calling them uneducated/lazy/lacking of will power is not how you win people over. I don't think people with that much muscle look good or are even that healthy (the amount of strain they put on their bodies to get into such shape). I understand you want people to show this guy some respect, but as a fan you need to act in a certain way to show your not some douche who just flames others (as you've come off in this thread). You gotta be a lil more diplomatic about it if you want people to see your view.

Deleted
    Haha. Why would you say, ok I only want some muscles but not really a lot, but not too little. That's not realistic at all.
    I'll make it a tad simpler for you.

I want a bit more muscle, but I don't even want to go near a greek statue muscle thing.

It really isn't that hard to imagine I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Body builders are hardly pleasing to look at. They usually build so much muscle that they look deformed. I mean hell, they can't even tuck their arms at their sides.
    That's not what people who want to be fit should strive for.
    That's fine if you don't like the way they look, but you shouldn't insult them. That just makes you seem jealous.

---------- Post added 2011-08-09 at 04:16 AM ----------

I'll make it a tad simpler for you.

I want a bit more muscle, but I don't even want to go near a greek statue muscle thing.

It really isn't that hard to imagine I would think.
    I understand what you're saying, but with that attitude you won't come within a million light years of where Brad Pitt was in Troy or Fight Club.

That's fine if you don't like the way they look, but you shouldn't insult them. That just makes you seem jealous.
    Jealous? Because I said they look deformed?
    You got me...

Deleted
    You got me...
    Didn't you get the memo? Everyone wants to be oh so muscled.

The only use for steroids IMHO is for replacement either because of a medical condition or age. After that, it's just cheating, especially when sports are involved. Though I could give a crap less about people that use them, it's their body, they can enjoy the shrunken gonads...

You got me...
    Well, your muscle-less body would probably look more deformed to me than his.

Actually, It wasn't the way he wanted to be remembered.

He really wanted to change his image towards the end. He was happy that a big part of him had encouraged many young teens to get into the gym

Well, your muscle-less body would probably look more deformed to me than his.
    Do you even realize how much of a fool you're making of yourself?
    Why would you make so many assumptions that are based on absolutely zero knowledge?

Firstly - not everyone wants to look like that dude.
    Secondly - how do you know what I look like?

Oh, and lastly - what's the point of the thread title? Because nothing in your thread is a discussion about anabolic steroids. All you said was that they enhance muscle growth, then went on to "prove" how body builders are so much more of a "man" than the rest.

That's fine if you don't like the way they look, but you shouldn't insult them. That just makes you seem jealous.[COLOR="red"]
    Only reason I'd be "jealous" would be if their muscles meant they could bring me down but it doesn't.

Do you even realize how much of a fool you're making of yourself?
    Why would you make so many assumptions that are based on absolutely zero knowledge?

Firstly - not everyone wants to look like that dude.
    Secondly - how do you know what I look like?

Oh, and lastly - what's the point of the thread title? Because nothing in your thread is a discussion about anabolic steroids. All you said was that they enhance muscle growth, then went on to "prove" how body builders are so much more of a "man" than the rest.
    If you don't work out, you probably look deformed to me. I'm just using your own logic. You said it first, not me

If you don't work out, you probably look deformed to me. I'm just using your own logic. You said it first, not me
    Again - I didn't use that logic. I said that body builders who over develop their muscles look deformed to me. So saying that people who don't work out look deformed is your logic, not mine.

And again with the assumptions. You should really stop those.

enduring pain? im sure that has nothing to do with the muscles our bodies have.
    i see no point in steroids. Its basically like cheating to me.