Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    Well tough guy, you should have no trouble at all enduring all this "fake pain" from lifting weights.
    well bring me someone who can lift 300lbs...
    let me cut 1 of his arms off. will he be able to with stand that pain? im sure he wont even drop a tear.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    That's probably how they should be used, but is most definiately not the case in practice.
    Right, because retards like people in this thread, think they are magic. That's why people end up shrinking their testicles and growing boobs. They have no idea what they're doing.

The philosophy is as follows: I want to be the best I can, how do I do it? Not: Well, I want muscles so I am going to roid it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhoosh View Post
    Yes I'm really jealous of people who grow breasts and are infertile not to mention the really nice back acne and unhinged rage......
    Hehe yeah, and it kills your ability to feel empathy. I for one don't want to be a psycho gorilla even if it means I can lift a car with one finger. I prefer the Bruce Lee training method. His muscles looked good (he could also do more than lift things), body builders don't, but that's just my opinion. We could argue about opinions but it wouldn't lead anywhere at all

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    That's probably how they should be used, but is most definiately not the case in practice.
    Steroids are a drug that's used in medicine, and shouldn't be used to enhance muscles.

Well tough guy, you should have no trouble at all enduring all this "fake pain" from lifting weights.
    The point was that the "pain" from squatting or lifthing heavy weights is temporary. You can stop if it hurts too much. You can't really stop the pain if you've got kidney stones + pyelonephritis, just hope for it to pass with the help of medicine which can take quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuna View Post
    The point was that the "pain" from squatting or lifthing heavy weights is temporary. You can stop if it hurts too much. You can't really stop the pain if you've got kidney stones + pyelonephritis, just hope for it to pass with the help of medicine which can take quite some time.
    Ok, but anyone can endure pain that is thrust upon them unwillingly. There isn't really an alternative. But it takes a special kind of person to get up every morning and inflict it on themselves.

Ok, but anyone can endure pain that is thrust upon them unwillingly. There isn't really an alternative. But it takes a special kind of person to get up every morning and inflict it on themselves.
    Are you talking about Emo's cutting themselves now?

Deleted
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_headache

People kill themselves because of the pain. :/

Deleted
    ​Who the hell is Zyzz?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_headache

People kill themselves because of the pain. :/
    What's your point though?

Steroids are cheating. I don't care if its still hard work, its like taking notes to an exam - the exam won't do itself, and you still need to write it all down, but the notes are doing all the results.

Not to mention steroid usage often causes obvious physical side effects, which most people find repulsive.

Bodybuilders are strong, but only in the exercises they do repetitively. Put them on a construction site for a day and they'll be aching like hell because they aren't used to it, with knotted muscles and stretched tendons.

Big muscles are nice. But there's a limit. Bodybuilders strike me as being little more then sculptures of flesh.

My friends uncle committed suicide because he couldn't endure the pain that was thrust upon him unwillingly. Best if you just shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax
    it made me realize that many people are completely uneducated about steroids. Steroids merely increase the effects of hormones like testosterone, which allow muscle growth. People seem to think that taking steroids = instant muscles. Wrong.
    I might be misinformed, but steroids do not only increase the effects of hormones like testosterone but in some cases also supplement the body's "ceiling" for said hormones by directly introducing them.

To some degree taking steroids does imply instant muscles, to the public at large how muscled an individual is, is decided by how defined his musculature is... certain steroids do promote lowering of bodyfat % even without any significant change in activity.

I will agree that many people on steroids do infact work their asses off.
    I *think* this is the right video, it has some very good points on the whole steroid issue:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7WUHVA9lqE

You scoff at their physiques, but then you go look in the mirror at your flabby self and wonder why you can't look like a Greek statue. It's because you don't have the heart to get up at 6am and squat.
    This... this is quite rude to be honest, first of all you're assuming that everyone is disappointed in their physique and wishes they could look like a greek statue. Funny thing is, the grecian ideal looks *nothing* like current bodybuilders.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuna
    There's no reason to take steroids. There's also no reason to be big, being big won't save you in a fight. They can't endure more pain than anyone else either. I speak out of experience.
    Arguable, being big can avoid having to fight at all due to others being intimidated, being big can also save you in a fight...given equal or similar fighting experience/knowledge the guy with more strength (more often than not bigger/heavier) has the advantage.

Haha. Why would you say, ok I only want some muscles but not really a lot, but not too little. That's not realistic at all.
    It's quite realistic, I'm inclined to believe that my previous definition of "muscled" stands, then the difference between muscled but not too muscled is one of bodyfat%

Quote Originally Posted by Liara
    Body builders are hardly pleasing to look at. They usually build so much muscle that they look deformed. I mean hell, they can't even tuck their arms at their sides.
    That's not what people who want to be fit should strive for.
    This is all highly subjective, the issue of aesthetics especially. Bodybuilders DO NOT train to for fitness, they train to perform well at their chosen sport. If one is looking to be fit one should first define fit...not stupidly aim for a bodybuilder, their definition of "fit" is "fit for the sport of bodybuilding"

Quote Originally Posted by Poodles
    The only use for steroids IMHO is for replacement either because of a medical condition or age. After that, it's just cheating, especially when sports are involved. Though I could give a crap less about people that use them, it's their body, they can enjoy the shrunken gonads...
    I find this quite interesting, I don't see how its "cheating" as far as I'm aware most of the steroid userbase are average joes who are looking to look/be strong/big. "Cheating" hardly applies.

Sportwise, I think its time many sports just allowed steroid use, that is MY personal opinion. The facts are that there are a ton of athletes roiding when its against the rules. I think everyone would benefit from either outright allowing them or having separate leagues. Steroid testing is not what it should be. I'm not incredibly well versed but I believe the US is one of the exceptions to this at least on the international stage, at the olympic level there are many comments of other nations not being as strict and it resulting in skewed results.

[Edit] Bit of a wall of texts/quotes, sorry bout that.

Deleted
    What's your point though?
    That people can't stand pain that's been thrust upon them unwillingly as you said.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really, this whole thing seems to be a flame war, so I'm just closing it.