Deleted

need some pointers for arcane mage

Hi guys,

i would kindly want to ask you guys to please have a look at my mage:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/Nymeia/advanced

currently i am only doing 15k-16k on 10man raids, and that seems a bit low to me.

please see my gear, gems, glyphs and talents.

i use the default rotations for burn phase and conservation phase, so that shouldnt be a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all I will point at 4 missing enchants(offhand, Bracers, Gloves, Boots) and no belt tinker
    try to get the T11 Shoulders for the 4p bonus wich is awesome.
    Buy boots for valor points cause Spirit is really not the way to go

Your gemming is meh
    Shoulders 40 int gem
    Robes are fine
    Gloves 40 int
    Belt 2x 40 int or 20 int 20 hit and 40 int cause you still need hit

For the specc I would take the 2 points of invocation out and put them into burning soul. There are a lot of pushback mechanics in Firelands.

Glyph of Mirror Images is also a dmg increase over blink

That are the obvious things I spotted if I am wrong correct me please ^^

Deleted
    - Missing enchants on Bracers (INTELLECT) , Gloves and Boots
    - No tinkers
    - You are a tailor and have Powerful Enchanted Spellthread
    - Treads of Liquid Ice, SPIRIT??
    - LESSER inscription on the shoulders
    - Mighty stats vs Peerless
    - Potent ember topaz (red/yellow gem) in your blue socket belt???

Seriously?? And your asking for advice on upping your dps? Seriously?

DMC:Volcano or Moonwell Chalice >>>>> Bell
    Reforging Haste > Hit vs Crit > Hit?

As for your spec...
    Suggest you:
    - drop 2 points in Invocation, afterall how many interupts are you going to do on a 24 sec cd? Not much add 2 points to Burning soul
    - drop 2 points in blink which at best is very situational and take the 2 points in Improved Arcane explosion, you will thank me @ Ragnaros

Quote Originally Posted by namliam View Post
    Reforging Haste > Hit vs Crit > Hit?
    That's about the only thing he did right.

From Simcraft for his character:

Intellect Hit Crit Haste Mastery
    Scale Factors 3.4542 2.3680 0.7027 0.0329 0.9971
    Normalized 1.0000 0.6855 0.2034 0.0095 0.2887

Haste is so utterly terrible a stat at his gear level that 100 haste still isn't worth a single point of intellect. Stacking haste is terrible. Stop suggesting it when it's literally the worst stat in the world. Less than 1/100!

At any rate, pretend any stat on a gem or socket bonus that isn't intellect or hit actually says '6 Intellect' because that's the best it's doing for you. Intellect is so strong for arcane you persue it at the expensve of everything else.

Janal's Shoulders should be +40 Intellect.
    Firelord's Robes are slotted correctly.
    Firelord's Gloves should be +40 Intellect.
    Dreamless Belt should be +20 Int +20 Hit in the blue slot, and +40 Int in the prismatic.
    Firelord's Leggings are okay... this is the only case where slotting orange is correct as you're not giving up Int to do it.
    Treads of Liquid Ice should be +40 Intellect.

Get your Therezane rep maxed up, that's a place you can upgrade for sure.

Gear with spirit is terrible. Ditch it for something good.

And enchant your gear, dude, with priority being Int > Hit (you're not capped) > Mastery > Crit > Seriously, don't put a single point into Haste.

Get the MageManaBar addon to monitor your mana levels.

Most of the info above me is correct (Yeah, hit capping is important and in 359s you should be able to pull it off with careful gear selection).

You'll get a large increase in DPS from your 4pc. Keep running Cho (to get your shoulders) and heroic dungeons to start buying 378 pieces too.

Then you might be able to get into some Firelands raids.

However, based upon your gemming, etc - please tell us what "rotation" you're using for burn and conserve. Talk us through what you do so that we may be able to set your feet upon the right path.
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

Deleted
    While I didnt simC it, I thought the overall idea assuming your not in 4pc T11 is / was
    Int > Hit > Haste to 1200-ish > Mastery = Crit >>>> Haste

Also there is a VERY large discrepancy at the moment between sims on the value of Haste, to be honest I dont know which to trust. To value haste at 1% though wow, that is very very low

Quote Originally Posted by namliam View Post
    While I didnt simC it, I thought the overall idea assuming your not in 4pc T11 is / was
    Int > Hit > Haste to 1200-ish > Mastery = Crit >>>> Haste
    There's a reason why you sim it. You should cap haste if it sims out that you cap haste, and you should avoid it if it sims out you should avoid it.

Arcane's funny that way.

Also there is a VERY large discrepancy at the moment between sims on the value of Haste, to be honest I dont know which to trust. To value haste at 1% though wow, that is very very low
    Yeah, I thought it was wierd too. Should probably run multiple sims just to make it good.

Deleted
    Just running you through RAWR.Mage yields that most of the above advice is correct.

One of the biggest things to note, as Arc, is that the HC T11 4-pc is simming better for Arc than the 4-pc T12 normal, so if you can start grinding the Heroic T11 raids for the ~ of the Forlorn ~ from them, that should boost your Arc spec considerably. Yes, the AB bonus is that good.

Also, GET ENCHANTED/GEMMED! Use Ask Mr Robot and other similar websites to gauge what you need to do - your Hit is lower than it should be for Arc. If RNG ahtes you like it does me, then it's essential to get capped (which is doable between the 365/372 items alone. Grind randoms if you know what you're doing to buy some of the other 378 Valor gear like the Ring.)