Idea for Firemage?

It's not that complicated, I guess, but I'm no pro so I would like to read your opinions:

Would it solve the problems firemages have if they have a spell similiar to Shamans Lavaburst? Something like

Igniting Blow
    2 Sec Cast, 8 Seconds Cooldown
    Deals x to y Fire Damage. If "Living Bomb" is on the target, Igniting Blow will be a critical Hit.

Would give the tree a bit more consisty, what do you think?

Depends on the value - For example, a Fireblast crit hits hard and when talented has a good chance at critting. Yet, it would be considered "bad" to use that to fish for a hot streak proc.

Yeah, there's room in the LB->FB->Proc! rotation for additional spells, but unless it brings something to the table and can be shown to be a consistent DPS increase, it'll be just another spell we don't use...
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulljin View Post
    It's not that complicated, I guess, but I'm no pro so I would like to read your opinions:

Would it solve the problems firemages have if they have a spell similiar to Shamans Lavaburst? Something like

Igniting Blow
    2 Sec Cast, 8 Seconds Cooldown
    Deals x to y Fire Damage. If "Living Bomb" is on the target, Igniting Blow will be a critical Hit.

Would give the tree a bit more consisty, what do you think?
    No, because you would only use that IF your previous Fireball/Pyroblast had been a Critical strike, even then it would need to deal more damage than Fireball/Pyroblast to be worth the GCD loss.