Deleted

connection question

hay there

basicly, my question is easy: can internet speed may possibly lower PC performance (mainly in 25 man raids im dropping from constant 80-90 in SW to 15 - 20 in "heavy duty" fights) ?

im asking this, since ive bought not soo long ago pretty good rig (pretty good as i thought), and sometimes im just out of ideas and also dissapointed, that game is not running like i would like to run. ive contacted Blizzard several times, ive sended some pc specs and dxdiags logs, and all i got was stanard answers like "update drivers". but at the end the conversation went like "your internet provider may suck".

here is my basic info about rig (if anyone is interested in looking deeper into the spec, feel free to ask for dxdiag and system info files):

i7 930 2.8 ghz
    8gb 1333 ram
    nvidia geforce gtx 470 (in future im planning to upgrade it, but atm im fine with this)

if anyone can provide some fast answers i will be greatfull.

PS: addons are up to date (except AzCastBar and HunterFocusBar, but those are lightweight), total weight is around 7 mb. just to mention - i recieved message not soo long ago about big numbers of bugs, but atm i dont get any of this message anymore.

PS2: im running other offline games like Witcher 2 or Crysis 2 with high - ultra graphics without bigger problems, soo i assume its not gpu fault

PS3: speedtest.net showed me 26mbps in download and 1.2 mbps in upload with 5ms latency (not amazing i guess)

regards,
    Knife.

Deleted
    25 man raiding is notoriously cpu dependant. Upgrading your GPU won't help much, overclocking your CPU could help however.

a 470 is overkill for wow so it's definitely not that.
    an i7-930 really shouldn't be struggling with wow... as timelord said try overclocking it (will probably need to get an aftermarket cooler first) and see if that helps.
    Internet connection shouldn't have much of an affect on your fps... at least it shouldn't lol. And it looks like your connection is good, though it's always possible the isp is throttling WoW.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    the problem with OCing is, that im complet noob in this...

i tried some software (Intel Extreme Tuning), but with lack of knowlegde i saw PC freezing and bluescreening soo i stopped using it.

about the cooling, atm im using stock water cooling, and if i would go for more than 3.4 - 3.6 i would consider replacing it, but atm i think its enough. temperatures are not exceeding 70 - 80 at 100%CPU load (when using OCing software), atm at "neutral" position (around 1-2% load) it runs at 40 degree CPU load. might be too much ?
    Last edited by mmoc78d381098a; 2011-08-10 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by knife83 View Post
    the problem with OCing is, that im complet noob in this...

i tried some software (Intel Extreme Tuning), but with lack of knowlegde i saw PC freezing and bluescreening soo i stopped using it.

about the cooling, atm im using stock water cooling, and if i would go for more than 3.4 - 3.6 i would consider replacing it, but atm i think its enough. temperatures are not exceeding 70 - 80 at 100%CPU load (when using OCing software), atm at "neutral" position (around 1-2% load) it runs at 40 degree CPU load. might be too much ?
    stock.. water cooling? Since when did they start issuing stock water coolers? o.O
    The temps seem fine btw.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    what i mean by "stock" is, that it came directly with prebuilt PC. it was the word i thought fits good, might be wrong tho =P