Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Demo lock question on Rhyolith

Okay so the trinkets I currently have are moonwell chalice, DMC and I have the justice points one, the casket.. and as a demo i'm on add duty obviously and in prior weeks I was using both DMC and casket since I didn't have my moonwell but now that I have both, I was wondering if it would be more beneficial to use both and control my procs instead of the random DMC proc. Use moonwell on the first wave then casket on the second and etc

---------- Post added 2011-08-09 at 04:38 PM ----------

Anyone before my raid?

Deleted
    Don't they share a cooldown?

EDIT: the Moonwell chalice was hotfixed to share a cooldown with other on-use trinkets. Use DMC:V + MWC as normal.

I personally wouldn't advise the chalice regardless of shared cooldown. Demo Aoe requires you to be in melee range of the adds, and if you have a tank like mine who likes to drag the adds around so that the boss gets hit by the aoe, having a static dps boost such as a well on the floor isn't very helpful. I have trouble seeing the lightwell sometimes, I don't know how you're going to manage benefiting from the full duration of the chalice.

Edit - You're better off using the one from V&T and if you don't have that I'd even suggest the blue trinket from Lost City of Tol'vir, as those adds would be at 25% and you might get a proc randomly , you'd definitely benefit from the mastery on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickzdmaw View Post
    I personally wouldn't advise the chalice regardless of shared cooldown. Demo Aoe requires you to be in melee range of the adds, and if you have a tank like mine who likes to drag the adds around so that the boss gets hit by the aoe, having a static dps boost such as a well on the floor isn't very helpful. I have trouble seeing the lightwell sometimes, I don't know how you're going to manage benefiting from the full duration of the chalice.

Edit - You're better off using the one from V&T and if you don't have that I'd even suggest the blue trinket from Lost City of Tol'vir, as those adds would be at 25% and you might get a proc randomly , you'd definitely benefit from the mastery on it.
    Ummm what? what relevance does the tank moving have to do with demo aoe.....We can aoe while moving lol.
    Also random proc trinkets are terrible on ryolith seeing as it can proc when you are only dpsing legs whereass a use trinket can be popped when you get back to back fragment spawns or focusing the Big Adds.

I have to ask...do you even play a warlock?

Lastly demo aoe doesn't require you to be in melee range it requires the edge of your hellfire at minimum to be in the hitbox of mobs you are aoeing...which isn't your melee (Auto attack)range.
    Shadowflame also has an equally generous range aswell as immolation aura.

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    Ummm what? what relevance does the tank moving have to do with demo aoe.....We can aoe while moving lol.
    Also random proc trinkets are terrible on ryolith seeing as it can proc when you are only dpsing legs whereass a use trinket can be popped when you get back to back fragment spawns or focusing the Big Adds.

Lastly demo aoe doesn't require you to be in melee range it requires the edge of your hellfire at minimum to be in the hitbox of mobs you are aoeing...which isn't your melee (Auto attack)range.
    He means he would get out of range of the Moonwell.

The moonwell's range is 40 yards. If your tanks are pulling fragments away from you that needs to be fixed. If the have a spark and are trying to pull fragments to them then why the heck are you trying to run in there and hellfire?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    He means he would get out of range of the Moonwell.
    Not that its to hard to pop it near the middle but....Moonwell chalice is great mainly for the on use mastery for the snapshot of stats when he goes into meta so once he's in meta the only thing he's losing is some felgaurd dmg if he manages to outrange it.....possibly on felstorm if its up. So there should really be no issue about ranging it..

Made by dubbelbasse

are you dumb? you reply without even understanding my point, you made a good point with the edge of the hellfire, perhaps that would work but I still standby the outranging of the chalice, the boss movement is RNG, please stop making yourself look stupid.
    The chalice is static.

Edit - Yes I play a warlock, have you done Rhylioth? Lol
    Last edited by Slickzdmaw; 2011-08-10 at 11:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL, 40y range for chalice is loads, don't see how this can be a problem for you.

Not to mention Meta taking a snapshot of your stats so the loss of dps would only be on your pet. This all if you somehow managed to place the well in a bad spot and out-ranged it. Which I do doubt with a 40y radius on rhyolith's platform.

OP: Use Moonwell and volcano. Just dont pop moonwell at the very edge of the platform at the lava and you'll be fine.

I'm not very worried about our tank. This is heroic Rhyolith and it'll be our third kill. I do pull aggro tons and tons but fortunately I know how to properly use soulshatter and our tank always catches up once his rends start ticking but I was just asking since i'd like to min max my dps on that fight, last week I ranked at 45 with 34. something k dps so if I can do more then i'll try

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure to bane the target you want your infernal to follow its pretty much the difference between a 200k or so infernal to upwards of 10million dmg. and make sure your felgaurd is in range of everything you want felstormed before you cast it.

My best attempt without getting juiced with like tricks or PI was like 39kish but I think that resulted in like a 1% wipe lol but as long as i'm not lagging balls I'm about 34k+

Made by dubbelbasse

the difference between a 200k or so infernal to upwards of 10million dmg.
    10 million dmg? What? I done 13.3m dmg over a 5min 26s fight on Rhyo 25 hc and that got me a #1 rank as demo. My infernal done 620k which I was very pleased with. Would love to see a 10m dmg infernal?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...?s=1220&e=1546

I think if there is one fight this tier where you do NOT want to use the moonwell chalice it is probably this one. You spend most of the fight AOEing adds and the meta boost isn't really that useful for this fight. Honestly the best trinket is probably Sorrowsong since the uptime will be close to 40+%. I personally stack Mastery, but for this specific fight stacking haste is probably more useful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickzdmaw View Post
    the boss movement is RNG, please stop making yourself look stupid..

Edit - Yes I play a warlock, have you done Rhylioth? Lol
    You clearly haven't if you think the movement is RNG
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

The boss movement rng is so much less than it was at patch launch. If your on legs and adds just stand somewhere in the middle area. The only place you can't reach is the far back and even that doesn't take much movement to reach.

Deleted
    At what point do you guys recommend summoning an infernal in this encounter? To stun the obsidian guys?

I use my doomguard for this fight, dps before the final burn phase is all irrelevant since everything dies before it needs to anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I use my doomguard for this fight, dps before the final burn phase is all irrelevant since everything dies before it needs to anyway

Could not have said it better myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    10 million dmg? What? I done 13.3m dmg over a 5min 26s fight on Rhyo 25 hc and that got me a #1 rank as demo. My infernal done 620k which I was very pleased with. Would love to see a 10m dmg infernal?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...?s=1220&e=1546
    Meant to say 1 million obviously >.> I had an infernal to very close to 800k on a shit attempt so once we are all full BiS 1mil seems very reasonable.

Just out of curiosity are you stacking haste or mastery on rylolith and what trinkets are you using since I'm way to lazy to check.
    Last edited by kushlol; 2011-08-11 at 09:14 AM.

Made by dubbelbasse