14. This poll is closed
  • Yay

5 35.71%
  • Nay

5 35.71%
  • IDC

4 28.57%
    10+ Year Old Account

Lets talk about something important here...

OK here it goes...

Ponies. http://ohinternet.com/Ponies

Why are there blue pink yellow purple and silvery anime-ponies all over my internet these days. This anthropomorphizing of horses has its origins in a cartoon show making the promotion of a feudal furry society dominated by women. SO. I was wondering who was sharing my opinion on this subject that Ponies is the most evil disease to ever strike the internet.
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

They are not evil. They are awesome and teaches me the magic of friendship.

Fuck this garbage. I really hate this ''ponie'' fairy tales... but hey probably a mod will infract me for showing my opinion...

or maybe they'll realise it's just my opinion.

But then again, i really dont understand the ''hype'' with ''ponies.''

Quote Originally Posted by mogulkhan View Post
    Fuck this garbage. I really hate this ''ponie'' fairy tales... but hey probably a mod will infract me for showing my opinion...

Just as hello kitty is popular in Japan MLP is popular for interwebers. And if you keep your language in which it shows some decency you won't have to worry about infractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    Just as hello kitty is popular in Japan MLP is popular for interwebers. And if you keep your language in which it shows some decency you won't have to worry about infractions.
    Explain to me how a bunch of colored little horses can be fun?

I'm not saying it is not fun, FOR me it is not, i just really would like to understand what's so FUN or ''cool'' about it, for someone who likes it?

Explain to me how a bunch of colored little horses can be fun?

I'm not saying it is not fun, FOR me it is not, i just really would like to understand what's so FUN or ''cool'' about it, for someone who likes it?
    Well I can't say exactly why everyone likes it, but for me I enjoy pinky pies randomness, and also enjoying finding the easter egg references like to "Pinky and the Brain"and Peppy Le Pew from "Loony Toons". But like anything else it just has an aspect to it that appeals to people. I will never understand why so many people love those reality shows like "The Bachelor" for instance, but it has a large viewing audience. It's just one of those things.

I voted neigh. Only partially because of the amusing pun.

For an explanation and the destruction of the remainder of your free time for the next few hours, here's the TV tropes page http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WesternAnimation/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic?from=Main.MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic

n
    eedless to say it resembles the originals in name only, and the fact that adult males will watch the show regardless of stereotypes against them should do nothing but reassure you of its quality.

Incase you don't want to waste several hours on TV tropes, I'll take some key quotes out of here...

"When I took the job, I braced myself for criticism, expecting many people — without even watching the show — to instantly label it girly, stupid, cheap, for babies or an evil corporate commercial. I encourage skeptics like this to watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic with an open mind. If I'm doing my job right, I think you’ll be surprised."Lauren Faust

The first season was helmed by
    Lauren Faust, a highly accomplished, Emmy Award-nominated animator — for example, she was the writer and director of The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.Friendship is Magic is her attempt to rescue the genre of girls' cartoons by presenting a clever show with a strong and diverse cast of female characters who aren't pre-occupied with fashion and boys. Her goal was to create an intelligent show for girls that boys and grown-ups could also watch without wanting to shoot themselves. By all accounts, she has done an admirable job of reaching that goal.

I've also got a clip from the show here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csPPqdbcVwM , my personal favorite episode here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ-3w295GMc and link to our MMO-champion thread if you have any further questions here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/893666-My-Little-Pony-Friendship-is-Magic!

I
    'm pretty sure that takes care of everything, had some of that stuff bookmarked because I get asked this question every bloody day. >.<
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2011-08-10 at 12:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I didn't get it. Then I watched this.

Perfect sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.

Or maybe you could try wording your opinion in a slightly less offensive/confrontational manner?
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    I'm just going to say - the My little Pony thread on these forums, reached a staggering amount of posts really quickly.

It worries me slightly.

I'm going to assume that the show contains either some sort of psychadelic or has subliminal messages in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    I didn't get it. Then I watched this.

Perfect sense.
    If only I could taste the magic /rapeface. That part made me lol the hardest.

I like the show because it reminds me of all the shows I grew up with. The humor isn't from their stupidity, or just stupid fun (like Family Guy is), it is from the characters (somewhat like the Simpsons). And it's also not a "kids" show. By that I mean shows like Dora the Explorer where they blatantly teach the morals with a 4th wall breaking scene. It's actually really entertaining to watch.

Deleted
    You don't put "Nay", you put "Neigh".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    I'm just going to say - the My little Pony thread on these forums, reached a staggering amount of posts really quickly.

It worries me slightly.

I'm going to assume that the show contains either some sort of psychadelic or has subliminal messages in it.
    Same person who wrote it also wrote Powerpuff Girls. So...maybe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Keep discussion in the main thread, please.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...dship-is-Magic!