Screen splits, acts as a duo monitor kinda.

Okay so during times im in a game or browsing the net, My screen just does a staticy flash, Then comes back with a solid 1 inch line in the middle. That acts like a Duo screen, (Note im on 1 screen) If i move my cursor to to the left of it, it acts like a barrier. But i am able to move my cursor to the right of my screen, Then it appears on the left side where i was unable to drag my cursor. Just like if i had a duo monitor set up.

Sometimes it appears clear, Sometimes it appears with what looks like a bunch of static.

Tbe thing is yesterday before i started to do this i actually set up a duo monitor on this PC, But just to see how it was, Used two different monitors. 1 Smaller then the other. After i played with it for a bit i went back to my single monitor set up. And now im getting this issue at random times

Did me doing the duo monitor fry my graphics card perhaps?

Sounds like you're using VGA or used VGA, because that's a trait of very bad alignment via VGA. Basically the entire image is shifted one direction so it rolls over to the other side.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Right now my graphics card (HD 6850) Is connected to a VGA cord via DVI-to-VGA adapter.

Yesterday when i did the duo monitor set up, I used a DVI cord and attached it to my primary monitor. And used the adapter for the other monitor because its those fat ones that the cord with it can not be removed and is a VGA

If i remove my VGA cord and just plug in my DVI cord to my main monitor and use that instead of the VGA through the adapter, Will this probably cause it to go away?

DVI being digital doesn't have to self adjust or anything like VGA usually does. The monitor can just tell Windows *put image here* and that's it.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Deleted
    a monitor does not resync by itself, it happens when a sync is forced (usually when connecting a monitor) and I would quite simply check for lose wiring and be sure to fasten the wiring you already have.

all in all if you have a DVI-capable monitor there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to use a VGA adapter.