Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthets View Post
    But messing up isn't punished at all (even less so than ret paladins during WOTLK.) So yes playing a arcane mage is EASY!
    If you mess up something with frost or fire and almost any other dps spec (I'm talking about messing 1-2 GCDs), you lose ~20-100k damage. If you mess 1-2 GCDs with arcane, you either lose 100-300k damage or bring your overall sustained dps ~2-3k down simply because your mana-cycle stopped being neutral and you can't return to 95% without losing a lot of DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    If you mess up something with frost or fire and almost any other dps spec (I'm talking about messing 1-2 GCDs), you lose ~20-100k damage. If you mess 1-2 GCDs with arcane, you either lose 100-300k damage or bring your overall sustained dps ~2-3k down simply because your mana-cycle stopped being neutral and you can't return to 95% without losing a lot of DPS.
    This^. People seem so ignorant and just stuck in the WotLK arcane mentality that we can AB an entire bossfight without doing anything else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjef View Post
    How do I get it show mana wasted? It doesn't seem to be doing so ever. Unless I'm just not going wrong...
    it should be printed in your chat each time it happen, maybe you're doing it right and don't have any waste ?

all other addons disabled ad still 2 LUA errors appear:

1st LUA error:

Message: Interface\AddOns\MageManaBar\MageManaBar.lua:326: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
    Time: 08/16/11 19:25:54
    Count: 1
    Stack: Interface\AddOns\MageManaBar\MageManaBar.lua:326: in function `MMBFrameResize'
    Interface\AddOns\MageManaBar\MageManaBar.lua:1482: in function `MageManaBar_OnEvent'
    [string "*:OnEvent"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEvent"]:1>

Locals: (for index) = 12
    (for limit) = 12
    (for step) = 1
    i = 12
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = "Icon"
    (*temporary) = 1
    (*temporary) = "attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"

and second LUA error of :

Message: Interface\AddOns\MageManaBar\MageManaBar.lua:1013: attempt to compare number with nil
    Time: 08/16/11 19:28:11
    Count: 8211
    Stack: Interface\AddOns\MageManaBar\MageManaBar.lua:1013: in function `MMBNumberConvert'
    Interface\AddOns\MageManaBar\MageManaBar.lua:1122: in function `?'
    Interface\AddOns\MageManaBar\MageManaBar.lua:542: in function `MMBmanaInfoUpdate'
    Interface\AddOns\MageManaBar\MageManaBar.lua:1576: in function <Interface\AddOns\MageManaBar\MageManaBar.lua:1570>

Locals: value = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = "attempt to compare number with nil"

Sorry if this is too spammy but hopefully useful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    all other addons disabled ad still 2 LUA errors appear:
    First did you try resetting the addon by using the reset button in option panel ? and if so does this happen again and when, at startup ? each time you switch specs or ?

I tried the reset button and that fixed the lua error, thanks for the suggestion, hadnt seen it before.

I plan on testing this out tonight, but I have a general question. Would somebody mind explaining why int buffs are a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by northantara View Post
    I plan on testing this out tonight, but I have a general question. Would somebody mind explaining why int buffs are a problem?
    Int buffs are a "problem" wrt how they interact with Mastery. Lets say your DMC: Volcano procs and gives you 1600 Int for 12 seconds. What happens is you mana TOTAL increases but your current mana level does not. This has the effect of reducing the benefits of your Mastery damage. Of course its not really a "problem" as more Int, no matter when you receive it, increases your SP, Crit and MP5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gfted1 View Post
    Int buffs are a "problem" wrt how they interact with Mastery. Lets say your DMC: Volcano procs and gives you 1600 Int for 12 seconds. What happens is you mana TOTAL increases but your current mana level does not. This has the effect of reducing the benefits of your Mastery damage. Of course its not really a "problem" as more Int, no matter when you receive it, increases your SP, Crit and MP5.
    Also a bigger problem is using mana regen tools believing you need to regen and actually losing that mana when int buff run out and reduce your max mana pool

I'd love to use this mod, but I'm really looking to only use it for my "actual" mana, and not any of the other features (this is great work, by the way, I was just thinking yesterday how nice it'd be to have something like this).

My issue is that I use RealUI, and I like keeping my interface very clean, neat, and unified. I know a little bit about LUA, so I'd like to try to port just the code to show the mana percentage excluding DMC:V, LWE, etc. straight into RealUI, where my normal mana percentage shows. With all the other features, are there a couple lines of code that are used just for calculating the mana excluding the buffs, that I could try to put into RealUI?

Thanks, and great work!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
    I'd love to use this mod, but I'm really looking to only use it for my "actual" mana, and not any of the other features (this is great work, by the way, I was just thinking yesterday how nice it'd be to have something like this).

My issue is that I use RealUI, and I like keeping my interface very clean, neat, and unified. I know a little bit about LUA, so I'd like to try to port just the code to show the mana percentage excluding DMC:V, LWE, etc. straight into RealUI, where my normal mana percentage shows. With all the other features, are there a couple lines of code that are used just for calculating the mana excluding the buffs, that I could try to put into RealUI?

Thanks, and great work!
    well actually you can, you have to hide all but info panel main frame, hide its background, hide all but one info panel which you set to show the real mana pool and then hide its background.

Thanks alot for your addon and all your good work for the community i've used it since u first posted it on EJ and i've seen positive results. Keep up the good work
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by angayelle View Post
    well actually you can, you have to hide all but info panel main frame, hide its background, hide all but one info panel which you set to show the real mana pool and then hide its background.
    I'd like it to replace the normal mana display in RealUI though. I just wish there was a way I could "plug in" this super helpful addon into my normal UI.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
    I'd like it to replace the normal mana display in RealUI though. I just wish there was a way I could "plug in" this super helpful addon into my normal UI.
    and i don't think i'd get royalties for it, ehe. Now maybe this is something that might happen someday. Though MageManaBar is evolving towards something that could totally replace you player frame in any UI, you can already put it over your existing player frame but it's lacking still some features you could expect from an unitframe.

Watch for next versions

I've been using this addon for some time now, and really love it. But since I've upgraded to the latest version my game lags horrible for a while, then goes back to normal. I also find if while its lagging, if I turn the addon off the lags goes away, and upon re enabling it returns. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong ?

Deleted
    Doing wrong, i don't think so. Can you test a few things : does it lag as soon as you enable it ? what are you doing, where are you when it's lagging ? Is there related to the same thing/place each time ? And finally can you reset it buy using the reset button and does it lag again ?

Will give it a shot tonight and get back to you. The first time it happened, I was in Firelands and upgraded it during a break. Then the lag went away after a while. Then I tried again in Orgrimmar and it wouldn't go away unless I disabled the addon. Will get back to you with the other details tonight and try what you suggested.

---------- Post added 2011-08-23 at 08:41 AM ----------

Thanks it now works, should have read better

Deleted
    New thread is at http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-but-not-only.

report there instead of here, thanks.

Also if mods could lock this thread now, thanks alot !