Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    That's not how it works... see my earlier post :S
    ...Why? There are two 12v rails. Each has 18A. 12v running 18A is 216 watts. Two rails is 432w.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    ...Why? There are two 12v rails. Each has 18A. 12v running 18A is 216 watts. Two rails is 432w.
    lol thought you were doing the weird efficiency multiplication somebody did before
    The math doesn't add up and i really don't know why... didn't sleep last night so way too tired to figure it out =\
    but yea there could be something wrong with the psu
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    lol thought you were doing the weird efficiency multiplication somebody did before
    The math doesn't add up and i really don't know why... didn't sleep last night so way too tired to figure it out =\
    but yea there could be something wrong with the psu
    Not something "wrong" per say; PSU manufacturers like to add up the power the PSU can pull on the 12V rails, the 5V rails and the 3V rails and let that total wattage be what they present in ads.

i'm a bit dissapointed with the performance of this machine in COD-BO .. this run great on WoW.. Metro.. I don't know what it can be =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iplaytokill View Post
    i'm a bit dissapointed with the performance of this machine in COD-BO .. this run great on WoW.. Metro.. I don't know what it can be =/
    I have actually not heard of anyone that has played BO flawlessly without some issues. It might just be your 'synegy' isn't great for that particular game. It doesn't mean it will be that way for every game you play.

Deleted
    BO is one of the worst console ports I've ever played. Before the hotfixes and patches (there were tons), the game was unplayable even on the highest end machines.

Ah right now i'm playing a cracked version Maybe this is the reason, without all the hotfixies.. i'll buy the game on steam this week so i can tell if this performance is for real
    Last edited by iplaytokill; 2011-08-10 at 05:43 PM.

Deleted
    Ah right now i'm playing a cracked version Maybe this is the reason, without all the hotfixies.. i'll buy the game on steam this week so i can tell if this performance is for real
    Some people might not be willing to help you after that comment. Most members here don't fancy cracked content, nor is it allowed by forum rules.

You cant sli with this board. It does not support it and you should not try crossfire either the 2nd PCIE slot is a physical 16x but only 4x wired.
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2011-08-10 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Not something "wrong" per say; PSU manufacturers like to add up the power the PSU can pull on the 12V rails, the 5V rails and the 3V rails and let that total wattage be what they present in ads.
    Yea it's strange though, the total came out just over 650w... then I checked a bunch of other random psu's and some add up to what they advertise while others add up to 200+ watts higher than what they advertise. There may be load sharing involved in that idk. Guess it's best to manually check the 12v rail(s) on any psu you buy instead of relying on the wattage it's advertised as o.O
    Btw the biggest problem with the psu his computer has is that it has 2 12v rails in the first place... having more than 1 is a pain since you have to balance them >_> and sometimes it's just not possible...

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    You cant sli with this board. It does not support it and you should not try crossfire either the 2nd PCIE slot is a physical 16x but only 4x wired.
    lol go figure, you're right
    guess it doesn't matter whether the psu can support it or not
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You guys recomend any program that is safe to do overclock on an AMD?

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 04:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Some people might not be willing to help you after that comment. Most members here don't fancy cracked content, nor is it allowed by forum rules.
    At any moment i said to anyone to go and do it, i never said where i download it, and i never said that it's cool =p
    Last edited by iplaytokill; 2011-08-10 at 07:20 PM.

You guys recomend any program that is safe to do overclock on an AMD?

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 04:23 PM ----------

At any moment i said to anyone to go and do it, i never said where i download it, and i never said that it's cool =p
    Can't you just do it in the bios?
    or could try amd overdrive.

Can't you just do it in the bios?
    or could try amd overdrive.
    I did it on the Bios like u said it is now @3.6 and i see a huge performance increase.. Theres no lag at all and the cpu is running at 50-55 celcius =d

Deleted
    It doesn't work like that.
    A 650w psu will give 650w of power, the low efficiency just means it'll be pulling more than 650w of power from the wall socket.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_PLUS (yes a wikipedia reference, bite me xD)
    The efficiency of a computer power supply is its output power divided by its input power. The remaining power is converted into heat. For instance, a 600-watt power supply with 60% efficiency running at full load would draw 1000 W from the mains and would therefore waste 400 W as heat. On the other hand a 600-watt power supply with 80% efficiency running at full load would draw 750 W from the mains and would therefore waste only 150 W as heat.
    Oh, I did not know this. In fact, iirc this correctly I got that info from another guide. But your version makes more sense I guess as anything else would be false advertising.

I did it on the Bios like u said it is now @3.6 and i see a huge performance increase.. Theres no lag at all and the cpu is running at 50-55 celcius =d
    very nice, grats